Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The writing in the MMO Star Wars the Old Republic is far superior to the latest trology and I am sure whatever hot garbage this will be, shame its 'not canon', a bunch of books and comics are gonna come out for High rep pube lick... yawn already bored to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Disney gave us the new trilogy, that everyone can agree sucks hard.
    You're pretty off base there.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    You are ignoring that rian johnson was removed from the starwars and another director was hired to try fix up the mess he made of it. At this point Kathleen kennedy was also sidelined to save whatever was left to save from starwars. So the majority of the last movie was trying to fix the second movie.
    None of what you wrote is even factual.

Rian was not removed from SW. Kennedy plays the same role she always has, and why do people keep thinking she is creative talent and not just an exec?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    I dont have this 'need' you speak of, it is blatantly obvious what the movies are trying to show. that you choose not to see is up to you. it is funny that different people can see the same movies and take something entirely different from it. Also i dont know what you mean with your last remark 'out to lunch?'
    That what you're saying is crazy. It's not that I'm "choosing to not see it", you're claiming things that the films directly contradict.

You are ignoring that rian johnson was removed from the starwars and another director was hired to try fix up the mess he made of it.
    This is just factually incorrect.

The first plan was to have Abrams direct all three. Abrams declined that option.
    The next idea was to have three directors, one for each film; Abrams, Johnson, and then Colin Trevorrow.
    Colin Trevorrow was canned from the job, because of his own issues in producing a draft script that Kennedy approved of.
    They shopped the script around, considered Rian Johnson, and then went with Abrams, as Abrams said he had ideas about where the story would go.

https://collider.com/star-wars-9-why...row-was-fired/

You're wrong on every conceivable part.

At this point Kathleen kennedy was also sidelined to save whatever was left to save from starwars.
    Did not happen. You're making this shit up as you go.

So the majority of the last movie was trying to fix the second movie. Most, if not all setups were undone by the third.
    Again, no. Abrams ignored TLJ, largely, because he already had his own ideas from making TFA, and decided to make a film with those.

Luke still failed as a jedi, failed building a new jedi order, failed his friends, left evil run rampant through the galaxy. Kylo ren murdered his father, a village, tried murder his mother just to change his mind later? He was the supreme leader of the first order, the most evil force at that point.
    Luke did not "fail"; TLJ is a redemption arc for Luke.
    He saved his friends.
    He's not responsible for "evil" that arose in his absence and that he was completely unaware of.

Yes, Kylo Ren also had a redemption arc. So did Vader. It's kind of a "thing", in Star Wars. Vader's redemption is literally the culmination of the entire Original Trilogy, and what those three films build to. Not Luke's victory; Luke lost that fight.

Also iam mainly speaking about the first and second movie. Iam not gonna bother see the last one after the mess that was made of the other 2 movies.
    Literally admitting you're talking about something you don't actually know anything about. Fantastic.

Fans ask for the Old Republic that they introduce this. No thanks, after reading that board in the background I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Well lets be honest...a lot of the books/comics from them has just been to connect to movies...to fill in gaps. Likely that they're being a little smarter this time, they've been launching movies then releasing books/comics that are needed to fill in gaps and people don't really care because they've already seen the movies. So instead this time launching the books before the movies so people can go in knowing everything.
    None of that is even announced or planned. For all we know, it will only lead to a cartoon series. But you get people like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's hard to imagine anything worse than 7/8/9. So why not.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    None of that is even announced or planned. For all we know, it will only lead to a cartoon series. But you get people like this:
    What's this.. a difference of opinion batman..how dare he.

I to enjoy a shot for shot remake of 4. The meandering stupidity of useless subplots of 8, and the cringiest of cringiest endings of 9. Imagine being like this guy, actually like 7/8/9 omegalawl.

Am I doing a you impersonation correctly?
    Last edited by prwraith; 2020-02-28 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Fans ask for the Old Republic that they introduce this. No thanks, after reading that board in the background I'll pass.
    I'm willing to bet the number of people interested in new SW stuff and the amount of people who actually asked for Old Republic stuff is low. Your average SW fan? Doesn't care about the Old Republic. Among the more hardcore you have people who are either glad the EU was wiped and want a clean slate or those who want a retelling of the EU Old Republic.

I'm not too interested in Jedi stuff but I'm to this little project of theres perhaps making the Jedi more interesting. If anything it takes place during a time period that even the EU barely touched, so there's tons of creative freedom. Its a blank slate, even if they decide to include Yoda.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Every movie in the DT sucks hard.

TFA is a shitty retelling of ANH
    TLJ is TLJ
    TRoS is just a completely incoherent mess.
    Ok. Compelling argument.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Even Hux tries to do the right thing, and was secretly one of the good guys
    Hux was in no way a good guy he was a petty spiteful man who cared more about getting back at the people he had thought to have wronged him then any thing else. Doing a good thing out of spite doesn’t make you a good guy when your still evil at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Hux was in no way a good guy he was a petty spiteful man who cared more about getting back at the people he had thought to have wronged him then any thing else. Doing a good thing out of spite doesn’t make you a good guy when your still evil at heart.
    Yeah, Hux as a good guy a weird argument that the film in no way suggests. He's portrayed as a stupid, sniveling weakling up to the moment he dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Also wasted Luke and killed Han so we're left with less exciting people in charge now.
    To be fair, Ford has been asking them to kill off Han since about Empire. He didn't like the character and was pretty open about it. Can't really blame them for finally allowing him to rest.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

More SW content? Sounds good to me. Make me some KOTOR-esque video games while you're at it, please. Or maybe Rogue Squadron-y games, been years since I played either and both were fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the prequels, they had some bad writing but it all made sense in the end and the characters are great. I don't like a single character from the new ones, and I most definitely will never rewatch them like I do the first 6. The mandalorian is ok but I have no hype for any of the franchise anymore, its just dead to me. For me it wasn't george that ever ruined the series but disney so I would be happy for him to get it back and actually look forward to new stuff afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They have more movies planned...what else do you think they're going to do? They obviously want to go their own way with these things and don't particularly care about canon. They're going to do the same thing Star Trek did, use prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    You're pretty off base there.
    Nope they're pretty accurate the only people claiming it's good are delusional at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'd much rather see Rey abandon the Jedi ways and take a balanced approach to the Force (as suggested by her yellow lightsabre blade,) then 200 years down the line her "grey Jedi" and your idea of competing fiefdoms could come under attack/pressure from Jedi/Sith fanatics who want to resurrect the old Republic/Empire.

You should check out 1, 2 and 3. Admittedly nothing as bad as episode 8 but still pretty dire.
    Yellow doesn't mean grey it means sentinel balanced between melee and force power not balanced between light and dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So yes trolling just wanted to make sure, carry on
    Well, that told me everything I need to know about your ideology. And no trolling here. I find the current state of macho masculinity, which is the norm, highly toxic and it ruins men as a lot feel inadequate as they're unable to live up to those ideals. It also emphasises some deeply troubling traits, such as "every problem can be solved with violence and should regardless of the cost." Like Poe pressing the attack where he should have run away and it ending up costing a large number of lives that could have been better used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    The writing in the MMO Star Wars the Old Republic is far superior to the latest trology and I am sure whatever hot garbage this will be, shame its 'not canon', a bunch of books and comics are gonna come out for High rep pube lick... yawn already bored to tears.
    It's that kind of thing that make your kin looks like….I will let you fill the rest.

I get it, you like KOTOR, so the writing is ''good'' and you don't like the Sequels, so the writing is ''bad'', but TOR had an atrocious problem of fitting in with the SW universe (1)

The Tales of the Jedi introduced a first global evil Sith Empire (that is like the ones in the movies, to retell the same stories). There are already two Jedi vs Sith wars just by this.

Then KOTOR introduces ANOTHER Sith Empire.

Then TOR introduces ANOTHER Sith Empire and then a backup Sith Empire.

(The point being, there are in this continuity 4 evil Sith Empire who are essentially the Empire of the OT, but more incompetent)

(1)Classical accusations like ''he is a Mary Sue'' ''no you are a Mary Sue'' ''your mom is a Mary Sue'' are somewhat irrelevant in videogame, that said, where it's taken for granted that your character will be one. There is no excuse however that many storylines were horribly repetitive and cliché by MMO standards. Hello, JK.

I'm mostly interested in a huge RPG set in the Star Wars universe so I'll keep an eye out.