Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Now this is why you don't earn gold, you want it instant. That's not how it works. ITEMS hold gold value, so saying "I earn 60-100g/hour farming X" is right, it just isn't 100g in COINS, it's 100g in items that WILL sell.
    Now you can for instance farm one instance for ages and stock up on a lot of the same items, and wait a long time to see your items turn into the gold it's worth. Or you could spice shit up by diversify your farming. For instance, as a rogue I usually do two farms: DM:E and RFD. DM:E gives me about 70-100g/hour + the occasional rare book, while RFD gives around 60-70g/hour.
    The gold is from DEs and herbs, and sell rather quick. Especially when I have TWO kinds of farms going, aka more for sale.

I'm so tired of of people complaining with "NO WAY YOU EARN THAT GOLD!", when in fact, you're just not bright enough to understand how a market works.
    Try to do that with a healer or a tank then come back to us and tell us how many golds per hour you make.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If this was a new feature, introduced specifically for one area (china) that might be a strong argument. However, considering this already exists, and has done for quite some time in retail, there is certainly a pretty strong argument that it might find its way into classic in the west.
    actually your argument proves otherwise. if Blizzard wanted to introduce the token into Classic, they would've done it at launch. if they are truly as money grabbing as people say, they would've done it at launch. but they didn't, because they have no plans to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah, i also found this reddit thread very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._got_ssf_lmao/

The boomking got an amazing item.
    A user asked him what was the Guild's loot system
    He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.

All very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?
    whats wrong with tokens in classic?seems only fair

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    whats wrong with it?seems only fair if bfa has it that classic should,why force classic players to have to pay only

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    1. er what?
    Tokens allow players with lots of gold to buy game time and shop items like pets and mounts without having to pay money

2 buying gold and using outside sources as an influence for in-game rewards should not be facilitated to begin with.
    Why not? It's awesome that you feel confident to make such a bold statement, but it's utterly worthless unless you can back it up.

3 it has not been curtailed, it has been legalized.
    Account theft and botting have been legalised?

4 its adorable that you think that warcraft economy functions the same way that a real economy does. resources, goals, motivations and how you obtain all of those things are structured entirely different and have wholly different relationships than in a real economy.
    It's adorable that you think that's an actual rebuttal to what I said. If someone is spending $$ to buy gold, then it's obvious that they wish to spend that gold on something. Clearly some of that (if not most) is going to land up paying other players for things.

5 blizzard is ruining another game to make more money.
    How so? It's awesome that you feel confident to make such a bold statement, but it's utterly worthless unless you can back it up.

thanks for the list kid.
    Thanks for resorting to ad hominem, just in case any of were delusional enough to think you actually had any kind of actual argument.

From PvE perspective there is no actual PvE race to kill stuff and gold wont buy you extra hours and honor from PvP, so i dont see what bad impact this will have for Classic than even attracting a few more players and making it less dreadful to play gold-wise.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Raelbo and basically everyone who told me a WoW Token DONT give you the ability to skip content...

I just like to ask if you are all "insane"...are you? Insane?

Ofcourse it gives you the ability to skip content. Just like LFR does in the current game.
    Epic mount.
    Devilsair set
    BiS epics on the auction house
    Consumables for raids

Everything...basically the entire economy CAN be skipped.

Who in their right mind is able to tell me a WoW Token doesnt give you the ability to SKIP....what?
    Someone who understands the facts of the matter and is able to apply critical thinking to it.

Your assertion is patently nonsense. You've done absolutely nothing to substantiate it. And when I rebutted it with reasoning, you chose not to address that reasoning, but instead resorted to ad hominem. Which pretty much tells me that you lack any actual argument.

It's not hard to see the obvious flaws in what you've stated, and maybe if you took the effort to actually construct an argument to try and support your assertions, you too would see this.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    do people even think before they say stuff like this?

i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i buy token for 500 gold.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.
    Minus the auction house fee. So there will be less gold around after the transaction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Minus the auction house fee. So there will be less gold around after the transaction.
    do auction house fees come out of wow tokens? I don't think they do

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    do auction house fees come out of wow tokens? I don't think they do
    Don't they come out of every transaction? I have no experience with tokens either way.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Don't they come out of every transaction? I have no experience with tokens either way.
    I bought one last week when they were going for 150k and I am 99% sure I got 150k.

It is kinda unbelievable to see so many people acting like the token is OK.

It is the absolute worst change possible for Classic WoW.

The entire game is an economy based MMORPG. From your first character on every level, deciding if it is worth to buy a new Bow from the vendor, or if you should save for your abilities. You reach Darnassus and you spend your little silver to buy some 6 slot bags on AH.

In every aspect of your leveling experience, you try to save up money. Don't buy unnecessary spells, Sell green items on AH, Pick up Mining and Skinning. If you do it all correctly, you might be able to afford mount on level 40. Now, after this, spend the rest of the leveling experience saving up as much as possible.

Ooooooooor... Be level 1, run to AH, buy a token for 20$, bam, 200g. Buy some 16 slot bags, enchant all your gear all the way to 60.

Even when you are 60 it's an economy based MMORPG. You spend your gold on consumables, enchants, respecs and BoEs.

You spend more time preparing for raids, than raiding. Farming.

Oooooooor... Buy a couple of more tokens, it's only like 2 hours of work worth of money anyway... Now you can just raid log. Congratulations, you just skipped 90% of what the game is about.

Hmm.. I wonder how the game was originally intended to be played...

It completely ruins any motivation to do 90% of what the game is about. And it affects everyone on your server. You stop bothering putting up 6 slot bags on AH, who needs it? You will stop bothering selling low-level greens, only 1g? That's nothing compared to a token. You even stop being excited for blue/epic drops because they are still worth less than a token.

Obviously, prices on items will also skyrocket. Expect triple the price on raid consumables and BoEs. Expect no one to have any other profession than Engineering making materials skyrocket in price.

What you also will obviously see a huge increase in is boosting services. Mages selling leveling AoE boosts. Guilds selling MC runs with "2 personal traders".

I also think it is really ignorant to say that Chinese customers are so different than us. There is a reason the Chinese Classic players choose Classic and not BfA. If everything Blizzard has added to the game is "good for the Chinese", why would they play Classic at all? How can you possibly just state that "they want Tokens"? Do they also want LFR? Do they also want LFG? Do they also want 4 raid difficulties? Do they also want M+? Do they also want character boosts? No. They want Classic.

But hey, let's not see the big picture. Let's just narrow our mind into saying "I want gold that guy wants to sell gold what's the big deal?"
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-02-28 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Prepare for massive shit from the fans.
    Funny thing is there are alot of fans actually asking for it.

Why only China though? I hate having to play retail now to make gold for tokens to play Classic. I'd much rather use Classic gold to buy them and uninstall retail till Shadowlands at least.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    whats wrong with tokens in classic?seems only fair
    Because it literally gives you the option to SKIP and dont even have to play the game/economy.

Someone already told me:
    "What do you care about how others play their game. Let them have their fun and dont tell them how to play"

Just like the LFR argument...
    I personally dont agree with.

For the past 10 days i have been farming for 40g an hour. <-------------- this is part of the classic experience
    Having to work to earn money IS part of the Classic experience.
    Well...with the WoW Token it will no longer be. Its a tragedy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It is kinda unbelievable to see so many people acting like the token is OK.

It is the absolute worst change possible for Classic WoW.

The entire game is an economy based MMORPG. From your first character on every level, deciding if it is worth to buy a new Bow from the vendor, or if you should save for your abilities. You reach Darnassus and you spend your little silver to buy some 6 slot bags on AH.

In every aspect of your leveling experience, you try to save up money. Don't buy unnecessary spells, Sell green items on AH, Pick up Mining and Skinning. If you do it all correctly, you might be able to afford mount on level 40. Now, after this, spend the rest of the leveling experience saving up as much as possible.

Ooooooooor... Be level 1, run to AH, buy a token for 20$, bam, 200g. Buy some 16 slot bags, enchant all your gear all the way to 60.

Even when you are 60 it's an economy based MMORPG. You spend your gold on consumables, enchants, respecs and BoEs.

You spend more time preparing for rai3 goldds, than raiding. Farming.

Oooooooor... Buy a couple of more tokens, it's only like 2 hours of work worth of money anyway... Now you can just raid log. Congratulations, you just skipped 90% of what the game is about.

Hmm.. I wonder how the game was originally intended to be played...

It completely ruins any motivation to do 90% of what the game is about. And it affects everyone on your server. You stop bothering putting up 6 slot bags on AH, who needs it? You will stop bothering selling low-level greens, only 1g? That's nothing compared to a token. You even stop being excited for blue/epic drops because they are still worth less than a token.

Obviously, prices on items will also skyrocket. Expect triple the price on raid consumables and BoEs. Expect no one to have any other profession than Engineering making materials skyrocket in price.

What you also will obviously see a huge increase in is boosting services. Mages selling leveling AoE boosts. Guilds selling MC runs with "2 personal traders".

I also think it is really ignorant to say that Chinese customers are so different than us. There is a reason the Chinese Classic players choose Classic and not BfA. If everything Blizzard has added to the game is "good for the Chinese", why would they play Classic at all? How can you possibly just state that "they want Tokens"? Do they also want LFR? Do they also want LFG? Do they also want 4 raid difficulties? Do they also want M+? Do they also want character boosts? No. They want Classic.

But hey, let's not see the big picture. Let's just narrow our mind into saying "I want gold that guy wants to sell gold what's the big deal?"
    If you played like that. Great. But I disagree with most of what you said.

If you wanna sell 6 slot bags, and greens on AH.. no one would stop you. Not all players will buy or sell tokens so I'd imagine they'd still get bought. Also check out retail maybe, nothing has skyrocketed. In fact most items and mats are dirt cheap.

And why would everyone have engineering? Do you honestly think everyone will sell tokens for gold? I for one am interested in buying them for gold so I need professions to make that gold and I'd imagine most players would neither buy or sell them so it would change nothing.

And what you said about not being excited about blue or epic drops is just nonsense. Ooh my BiS belt dropped in BWL.. oh no, I can't be excited about it cause tokens exist? Somehow.. How does that even make sense to you? If you mean BoEs though then most of them aren't exciting in the first place and I've vendored some as they wouldn't sell even for 5 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    If you mean BoEs though then most of them aren't exciting in the first place and I've vendored some as they wouldn't sell even for 5 gold.
    There are plenty BiS BoE's in the auction house.

That you are supposed to "suffer" farming gold...blood and sweat...until you finally earn it...
    Hiow did you miss this point?

Ragnaros weapon and Thunderfury come to mind. Also

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Try to do that with a healer or a tank then come back to us and tell us how many golds per hour you make.
    Why on earth would I do that? Find your own gold farms, that suit your playstyle. My healer buddie got a farm that nets him around 50-100g/hour. My warrior friend (he's dps not tank though), farm jumpruns with randoms and reserve Thorium Nodes at the end for him self, nets him nice gold. He also sells tanking services for dungeons.

Find your way to make gold, and it really isn't that hard to get. Doing what EVERYONE else does however, isn't very lucrative.

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty BiS BoE's in the auction house.

That you are supposed to "suffer" farming gold...blood and sweat...until you finally earn it...
    Hiow did you miss this point?

Ragnaros weapon and Thunderfury come to mind. Also
    "plenty"
    Lionheart, Edgemaster, Cloudkeeper, Corehound belt, some random +X spell dmg greens.. T1 pieces aren't BiS anymore, so those are dropping in price as we speak. What else do you have?
    You will most likely never get Hand of Ragnaros or Thunderfury by buying tokens, unless you find a guild willing to sell the legendary material, and luck out on actually having it drop.

And if you suffer farming gold, I'd suggest you stop doing it. Why do something that makes you suffer in a videogame?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

for reals? first time I hear about it! gonna be great!

Anyone that thinks wow tokens would have any kind of negative impact on Classic's economy are delusional.

Do you have any idea how easy it already is to buy classic gold with either real life money or retail wow gold? If someone wants to buy gold now they already have many ways to do so. In fact I personally know a fair amount of people who have done so.

The only thing wow tokens would do, is legitimize these gold trading practises and prevent people from getting scammed trying to buy gold from other players or different sources. The tokens dont add more gold into the economy either, it just moves gold between players.

It will just lead to the rich players paying for their gametime by buying tokens and the players who have little gold get an easier legitimate way of obtaining the gold they would have bought regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    "plenty"
    Lionheart, Edgemaster, Cloudkeeper, Corehound belt, some random +X spell dmg greens.. T1 pieces aren't BiS anymore, so those are dropping in price as we speak. What else do you have?
    You will most likely never get Hand of Ragnaros or Thunderfury by buying tokens, unless you find a guild willing to sell the legendary material, and luck out on actually having it drop.

And if you suffer farming gold, I'd suggest you stop doing it. Why do something that makes you suffer in a videogame?
    Those are only the BiS for level 60 AND for this phase.

Thunderfury and Rag weapon are extremely expensive to make.
    You are supposed to suffer a little bit to get them.
    Thats what makes them legendary. THE EXPERIENCE! The farm. The suffering...for the grand finale.

If you are trying to tell me the WoW Token doesnt "save time" and lets you "skip" the "farming" of the entire game...please be more specific why.
    Because, for me, thats a crazy opinion to have.

WoW Token is literally created to save time.