Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    It is like you take GTA and just make all the cars autodrive.
    It would be the other way around, in turn based you need to 'drive' every single character, in real time npcs drive themselves.

Not that I care, I've enjoyed all those games, including divinity and even temple of elemental evil. But it does feel a little weird that BG3 will have more in common with divinity than its own series.

This game looks so damn good. Divinity 1 and 2 were two of the best RPG games the past decade and a modern version based on D&D and Baldurs Gate? It's like the puzzle pieces are finally placed together.

But I'd rather see they didn't name it Baldurs Gate 3, better if they just named it Baldurs Gate (Something cool). Because then the idiotic robots with no opinion of their own wouldn't hate on something that looks purely AMAZING because "WAAAH WAAH BG1 AND BG2 HAD DIFFERENT COMBAT NOW I DONT LIKEY LIKE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't he got turned into a woman in BG2 NPC ending? We need him back, no one can call you an ape like Edwin.
    He was later turned permanently into a woman again by Elminster if I remember correctly. I think he even gave up magic.

Baldurs... Gate... 3... Can you believe it? So much time has passed, so hyped here

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Never played BG2, so I don't really have a relation to the world/ip.
    But if this is more DOS2-style turn based goodness, I am so in.
    I really struggle with the Pillar/Kingmaker style of combat. Followed CohCarnage's Kingmaker play through, what an amazing game, would love to the play it, but the combat just kills it for me.
    The new pathfinder is getting turn based too

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    The new pathfinder is getting turn based too
    That is some very good news (For me).
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2020-02-28 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I have no doubt, that the game will be great, especially as an RPG (variety of options, dialogues, etc), but i don't like, that it looks too much as a Divinity... Actually i love Divinity and finished both OS and OS2 two times. But still i don't like the visual style, it has no personality, identity, looks too non realistic for this game. Even the UI icons and stuff is right from OS2. Hope they will adjust it before release.

Really? Got any source for that?

If true, that is some very good news (For me).
    It was in their kickstarter stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    It was in their kickstarter stuff
    Yea, already found it, was in an update, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there initially. Gonna up my pledge now for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

That is some very good news (For me).
    You liked that mediocre game? Wow! I refunded it within 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Pathfinder Kingmaker was excellent in almost every aspect except for the writing, which I have hopes will improve for Wrath of the Righteous. Incredibly buggy on release though, which they fixed later. I haven't backed WotR yet because Kickstarter is awful and I'd rather not give any more money to that company, but will definitely pick up WotR on release.

Honestly I'm just glad that people are still making proper tactical RPGs, turn-based or no. The time when Bioware was the golden standard for RPGs is long gone, so it's good that there are some who still carry the torch, be it Larian, Owlcat or Obsidian.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I picked the game one year after release. It was bug free and tbh one of the best rpg experience i had in the last decade.

I enjoyed D:OS 1 and 2. I enjoyed Pathfinder:Kingsmaker BUT never finished it, I had 95 hours in it and was for me too long, ffs. And I will play both BG3 and WotR, to be honest. I prefer TB game than real time, it was a really pain in the ass in Pathfinder, having to pause the game all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    I enjoyed D:OS 1 and 2. I enjoyed Pathfinder:Kingsmaker BUT never finished it, I had 95 hours in it and was for me too long, ffs. And I will play both BG3 and WotR, to be honest. I prefer TB game than real time, it was a really pain in the ass in Pathfinder, having to pause the game all the time.
    I don't get this. You play games just to reach their ending? Isn't the journey itself the fun part, and it really doesn't matter how long it is?

I love how that shitshow known as Stadia made it sound like they'd be LAUNCHING with Baulders Gate 3. Made me think it would be early this year, turns out it's MONTHS out if it even comes out this year at all. RIP... =/
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get this. You play games just to reach their ending? Isn't the journey itself the fun part, and it really doesn't matter how long it is?
    Dude, what? Plenty of people play games to witness COMPLETE story. Ofc it matters if the game is so long that excitement wanes off, and there is no drive to play any more (Kingdoms of Amalur). These are story driven games, and you want to see how the story ends.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

While we're all waiting for this game I'll be looking forward to Wastelands 3 this May in the mean time.

One of the best rpg experiences in a long time imo such a great game and can't wait for part 2.

Spent countless hours just in character creation there is such a shit ton of options and different builds you can do there. My favorite was the monster tactician with a pet and a 2 hander, alchemist builds was also very fun.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-02-28 at 01:43 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think it's a bit weird that the protagonist is silent but has voiced inner monologue but that might be due to the showcased character being one of the named presets?
    Keep in mind what was shown was a very early version of the game. It's not even in alpha yet. Voice acting is typically one of the last things that gets implemented in a game, because you don't want to redo all the voice acting if you make changes to the story or dialogue.