10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How is mayo that? There really isn't a universal racial slur for white people in Pete's case I think they are just referring to the fact that he is bland.
    Yeah it's not like they're calling him Cracker Barrel or something of that sort. It's. just. mayonnaise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Warren plays 'name that billionaire' with Colbert

When Colbert describes someone who "looks like he cut his own bangs with toenail clippers," Warren shouts out, "Bill Gates!" But after the late-night host says the unnamed billionaire "knows everything about you," Warren correctly responds, "[Facebook CEO Mark] Zuckerberg."

"Like Lex Luther, but he knows more about you and he's less trustworthy," Colbert says to describe another ultra-wealthy public figure.

"Oh, Bezos!" Warren exclaims, referring to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

"He's spending so much money on this election that right now this might actually be a commercial for him and we don't know it," Colbert hints next.

Warren replies, "Mike Bloomberg," the former New York mayor and a fellow contender for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The two then sit at the bar and toast with Michelob Ultras before Colbert mocks Warren's preferred libation choice.

"It's the club soda of beers," Warren says in defense of the beer.

"Do you know the joke about why is Michelob Ultra like making love in a canoe?" Colbert asks with a smile.

"Because they're both f---ing close to water."

-------------

That's my girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Warren plays 'name that billionaire' with Colbert

When Colbert describes someone who "looks like he cut his own bangs with toenail clippers," Warren shouts out, "Bill Gates!" But after the late-night host says the unnamed billionaire "knows everything about you," Warren correctly responds, "[Facebook CEO Mark] Zuckerberg."

"Like Lex Luther, but he knows more about you and he's less trustworthy," Colbert says to describe another ultra-wealthy public figure.

"Oh, Bezos!" Warren exclaims, referring to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

"He's spending so much money on this election that right now this might actually be a commercial for him and we don't know it," Colbert hints next.

Warren replies, "Mike Bloomberg," the former New York mayor and a fellow contender for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The two then sit at the bar and toast with Michelob Ultras before Colbert mocks Warren's preferred libation choice.

"It's the club soda of beers," Warren says in defense of the beer.

"Do you know the joke about why is Michelob Ultra like making love in a canoe?" Colbert asks with a smile.

"Because they're both f---ing close to water."

-------------

That's my girl.
    I knew it was gonna be good when she thought the first one was Bill Gates, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    where did Mayo Pete come from? I get the Mayo[r] part, but is there another factor dealing with condiments?)
    Don't listen to the others trying to bury it as a catch-all term for boring people. Mayo is very much a mild racial slur specifically toward whites.

It's popular in communities like BlackPeopleTwitter that are frustrated that the more common pejoratives like Cracker, Redneck and Honkey are taken almost as a term of endearment and have little to no power.

I can't link...but Urban Dictionary will fill you in.
    Last edited by Alt Account; 2020-02-28 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alt Account View Post
    Don't listen to the others trying to bury it as a term for boring people...Mayo is very much a mild racial slur specifically toward whites.

It's popular in communities like BlackPeopleTwitter that are frustrated that the more common pejoratives like Cracker, Redneck and Honkey are taken almost as a term of endearment.

I mean, this is obviously true, arguing anything else is just a strange hill to die on. Mayonnaise also happens to be amazing, way better than fucking disgusting as shit ketchup. But did you really need to make an alt for this one? I can only assume you are a deeply unliked person here, and didn’t want your obvious opinion to be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I mean, this is obviously true, arguing anything else is just a strange hill to die on. Mayonnaise also happens to be amazing, way better than fucking disgusting as shit ketchup. But did you really need to make an alt for this one? I can only assume you are a deeply unliked person here, and didn’t want your obvious opinion to be dismissed.
    I can handle differing political opinions but this shall not stand. Ketchup is fucking amazing and mayonnaise is gross trash food that awful people eat. FIGHT ME!!11

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I can handle differing political opinions but this shall not stand. Ketchup is fucking amazing and mayonnaise is gross trash food that awful people eat. FIGHT ME!!11
    Good sir, I challenge you to pistols at dawn! Mayonnaise demands respect. Especially in egg-type meals!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alt Account View Post
    Don't listen to the others trying to bury it as a catch-all term for boring people. Mayo is very much a mild racial slur specifically toward whites.

It's popular in communities like BlackPeopleTwitter that are frustrated that the more common pejoratives like Cracker, Redneck and Honkey are taken almost as a term of endearment and have little to no power.

I'm not sure you know how slurs work if you think 'mayo' is one. False equivalences? Hell, 'cracker' is the only close one of the the ones you named, and it's very hard to get that one to come off as a slur.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Looks like Sanders will not make it.

According to 538: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...outh-carolina/ and
    Biden has opened up a 19 point lead in South Carolina. And with every new poll his lead increases.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...outh-carolina/
    Current South Carolina Projected Delegate Totals: Biden 32, Sanders 14.

Nationally: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/
    Total projected delegates: Sanders is down to 1640, and falling. Biden is up to 1225 and rising.

Biden + Bloomberg combined is comfortably above Sanders, so choosing Biden in the second round at the convention won't even really be controversial.

If he only wins Super Tuesday by a small amount, as 538 is currently projecting, the only real question is would he continue until the convention.
    I assume he would, but I really don't see the point. I'm actually kind of burnt out by the primary season. If he can't win, I would prefer for him to drop out and let Biden take extended victory laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    If he only wins Super Tuesday by a small amount, as 538 is currently projecting, the only real question is would he continue until the convention.
    I assume he would, but I really don't see the point. I'm actually kind of burnt out by the primary season. If he can't win, I would prefer for him to drop out and let Biden take extended victory laps.
    I agree, the person in first should definitely drop out because the guy in second isn't far enough behind .

Biden has opened up a 19 point lead in South Carolina. And with every new poll his lead increases.

Total projected delegates: Sanders is down to 1640, and falling. Biden is up to 1225 and rising.

Biden + Bloomberg combined is comfortably above Sanders, so choosing Biden in the second round at the convention won't even really be controversial.

If those were the actual numbers for both of them, and they didn’t give the nomination to Sanders, don’t even bother holding the election. No one is going to vote for Biden under those circumstances, absolutely no one, it won’t be me, but I wouldn’t blame them in the slightest. It’s what we would deserve. That’s literally stealing the nomination, not just the “rigging” that Sanders supporters complain about a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Good sir, I challenge you to pistols at dawn! Mayonnaise demands respect. Especially in egg-type meals!
    [quietly disappears]

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Uuuh??

Racism is bad regardless of direction dude.
    Yes, yes, poor you. You must be so opressed.

10+ Year Old Account

You do know combining both Biden and Bloomberg isn't how this works right?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You do know combining both Biden and Bloomberg isn't how this works right?
    If Sanders doesn't get a majority of pledged delegates by the first ballot, the convention goes to the second ballot, where presumably the DNC will horse trade and use superdelegates to nominate someone other than Sanders. So it literally is Sanders versus everyone else combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah it's not like they're calling him Cracker Barrel or something of that sort. It's. just. mayonnaise.
    Since mayonnaise is more of a bourgeoisie class distinction:
    Our european sanders supporters probably like mayo on fries.
    Our Canadian sanders supporters probably like mayo on fries.
    The Elitist Sanders supporters from Brooklyn probably like mayo on fries.
    The former Ron Pau Supporters, now Bernie supporter, probably like their mayo in a jar.

Is it fair to call them the Mayonnaise Left?

Also "Mayo" reflects that certain American dialects drop their Rs.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Mayo pete is about him being bland... not white. All the candidates are quite lol.

I’ve known mayo as an insult calling a person boring for years.

10+ Year Old Account

You do know the polls haven't been accurate since 2016, or do we forget that Hillary had a massive lead over Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt anyone is going to have the majority of delegates prior to the convention, but if Sanders is substantially in the lead, like say 400 or 500 ahead of Biden, no way the DNC takes if from him. That’s just asking for trouble. I get not wanting to bend the knee to him, but there are other ways. Go all in with him, and if he loses, the Sanders wing of the party is crushed for a generation. If he wins, have moderate centrist democrats road block him a bit and reel in some of his more out there proposals.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

It will be controversial; picking anyone over Sanders if Sanders has more votes and delegates than the rest will schism the party and ensure a pissed off and alienated Sanders voters. I am unsure why anyone thinks it would be tolerated or accepted?

Anyone who maintains the delusion that Bernie Sanders can go into the convention with more votes than any candidate, more delegates than any candidate and the person on the ticket isn't Bernie Sanders and yet somehow still keep those voters... well... I don't know but that is one exciting fanfiction but it lacks realism.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-02-28 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.