Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't expect Graha Tia to survive the expansion.
    He is already experiencing health issues and pain.
    I was thinking more that G'raha Tia from our timeline might need to be woken up so we can use the Crystal Tower on the Source to do something to the moon that Zodiark is on (Crystal Tower extracted power from Dalamud, enough power that caused an earthquake and the Fourth Umbral Era, so perhaps it could be reversed: sending a death star beam towards the moon and blowing it up or something, or maybe it teleports us to the moon). It'd be difficult to have two G'raha Tias walking about, so if one Source G'raha Tia is woken up the other will be written out of the story.

I don't expect Graha Tia to survive the expansion.
    He is already experiencing health issues and pain.
    But you're missing the point. Regardless as for his character's fate from now, the fact is is that he was able to alter time without making a paradox. The fact that he wasn't undone at the very instant the timeline he came from collapsed suggests that other characters might be able to do the same. And we don't know for a fact if there's only one dimension or if there are several which can progress concurrently. Ergo, we may yet face Zodiark from a dark timeline where the WoL was defeated. Perhaps even the one Graha tia originated from.

Man the queue times for the new eden raid might be the worst i've seen for an opening month of a new raid. I'm guessing either super popular and the queues packed or too many people chasing the ocean fishing meme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    But you're missing the point. Regardless as for his character's fate from now, the fact is is that he was able to alter time without making a paradox. The fact that he wasn't undone at the very instant the timeline he came from collapsed suggests that other characters might be able to do the same.
    Maybe, maybe not. It's also possible that the crystal tower protects him form the alterations in the timeline.
    It's also possible that we didn't nullify the actual cause of his being there yet.

Elidibus is still out there, recruiting new WoLs, it's easy to continue shifting the balance back to light in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man the queue times for the new eden raid might be the worst i've seen for an opening month of a new raid. I'm guessing either super popular and the queues packed or too many people chasing the ocean fishing meme
    When I went through it the first time last week I got into each one as a DPS in ~5 minutes or less. That's pretty fast.

What kind of queue times were you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    When I went through it the first time last week I got into each one as a DPS in ~5 minutes or less. That's pretty fast.

What kind of queue times were you getting?
    i've done a fight today on every roll and each time at last 15 minutes which is never usually the case for stuff when it comes out and nier is still like 30 seconds, but granted people are probably chasing the butt glamour still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm went with 2 friends yesterday and us 3 had insta queues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Queues have pretty much been 5mins or under for me.

Finally got my shark mount. Probably won't get the title anytime soon but eh, atleast i can be less concerned about getting high scores.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2020-02-26 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to the mount, being a person that is easily infuriated by RNG, I chose to stay away from ocean fishing for the time being. Better for my blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i've done a fight today on every roll and each time at last 15 minutes which is never usually the case for stuff when it comes out and nier is still like 30 seconds, but granted people are probably chasing the butt glamour still.
    You playing in prime time? You on a low pop server/data center? Do you have all the language options checked on the duty finder? There's a few reasons you could be having longer queue times than normal and those are the main ones off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's strange how there's always this huge disparity in experiences when people talk about queue times.

I've had a guy on the same server as me (Exodus) constantly claiming to have instant DPS queues in everything while I'm there for 15 min usually. Typically I hear 5 min a lot. Never seen it.

Go figure. :O
    you can get them, but its more "waiting till a DPS bonus is up, then queing" then the normal idea for instant queues, where, no matter then time, you que, you turn for a drink and you might have missed the timer

his bragging might be true, but with some disclaimers

God I forgot how bad the riff raff is in this game. I was ready to clear E5S within 2 learning parties. The first party we made it to Chain Lightning. The second party to enrage. No matter how many "clear" parties I join we're lucky if we hit enrage, or we're short 15% DPS.

Missing that first week was so crucial that it will probably quadruple my progression time now because I can't join the easy weekly clear parties. Did you guys know I had a GNB (who is the highest DPS tank btw) in full crafted pentamelded gear with a ruby weapon do 5k dps without dying? I'm 476 and I'm doing 9.5k in a good party. Did you guys know that I have people who casually walk off the arena ledge, not once, not even twice, but several times?

WTB static for me and my buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    My static cleared E1S for the first time three weeks ago. Otherwise, it was us wiping over and over again for months, but at we were together and that's what made it fun.

God I forgot how bad the riff raff is in this game. I was ready to clear E5S within 2 learning parties. The first party we made it to Chain Lightning. The second party to enrage. No matter how many "clear" parties I join we're lucky if we hit enrage, or we're short 15% DPS.

Missing that first week was so crucial that it will probably quadruple my progression time now because I can't join the easy weekly clear parties. Did you guys know I had a GNB (who is the highest DPS tank btw) in full crafted pentamelded gear with a ruby weapon do 5k dps without dying? I'm 476 and I'm doing 9.5k in a good party. Did you guys know that I have people who casually walk off the arena ledge, not once, not even twice, but several times?

Are the pugs doing the circle strat for chain lightning? I've seen it done a couple of different ways, and that really takes it from being the one stressful mechanic in the fight to being pretty brain-dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    My static cleared E1S for the first time three weeks ago. Otherwise, it was us wiping over and over again for months, but at we were together and that's what made it fun.
    That's great and I'm happy for you, but unfortunately that would not be acceptable for me. I like pugging because it gives me more flexibility to focus on other hobbies etc, but if you miss the first week it's nothing but an unmitigated shit show afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Are the pugs doing the circle strat for chain lightning? I've seen it done a couple of different ways, and that really takes it from being the one stressful mechanic in the fight to being pretty brain-dead.
    I've only seen triangle, generally done fairly well, usually one wipe to it while people hash it out, but most of our wipes are still furious 14 or whatever because someone cant see what lane is safe or forgets to get an orb, or walks off like a dolt.

That or just random people dying to random mechanics and people just not outputting DPS relevant for their ilvl.

If we don't clear this week, I'll probably just beg for some static to clear for us. Should only take a pull or two. I could honestly care less about the loot.

That's great and I'm happy for you, but unfortunately that would not be acceptable for me. I like pugging because it gives me more flexibility to focus on other hobbies etc, but if you miss the first week it's nothing but an unmitigated shit show afterwards.
    This is why I never plan on taking part in it. My play time and pace won't have me savage raid ready on week 1. I don't grind for BiS in the previous patch, I'm lucky to have full base tomestone gear and a decent enough weapon to queue for Experts, the normal and 24 man raids.

By the time I'm ready, gear wise and mentally, it's week 3 or more and the only groups available at that point are the super elite ones just going for a quick clear so won't take a noob like me (I don't blame them, just stating the fact) and the learning parties which in my past experience are usually 50%+ of people who can't do the mechanics or play their class well enough to save their life because they're too busy drooling on their keyboards.

On that note, I finally got ACT to work (ended up being a firewall issue), using the Kagerou add-in format. I haven't done anything in game since I got it to work except smack a dummy around to make sure it was doing what I wanted. Looking forward to the information I can get from it.

after doing e6s as melee i would not care at all if they removed positionals at this point. what an annoying fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    On that note, I finally got ACT to work (ended up being a firewall issue)
    *chuckles* I suspected as much.
    Grats and have fun, just remember the 1st rule of the ACT club...

I can't be arsed to progress a savage encounter with randoms. Ugh... nope. Not in a million years. I'd rather stick to normal and watch the killvidoes of my ex static.

Funny enough, I distinctly remember checking that in prior attempts. But I recently got a new PC...so all the stuff I tried to make it work on my old one needed to be redone on the new one.

Whatever, it works now, lesson learned.

I can't be arsed to progress a savage encounter with randoms. Ugh... nope. Not in a million years. I'd rather stick to normal and watch the killvidoes of my ex static.
    From my experience, PUGs couldn't even do E1S correctly, I'm surprised anyone would try some of the harder Savages.