Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I leveled my char to 60, found a guild, got prebis, farmed enough gold before and during MC to have enough consumables untill NAXX is out. I raid log only `couse i gave up on ranking in pvp for now. BUT im always top 5 dps in raid MC/BWL and my performance is always really good(not dying in raids at all unless we ninja pull and we all die). Why would i get low priority on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Mate, this is getting a tad tiring.

If Raid-Logging is the best kind of behaviour and the best way to play the game, as you all claim, I'm waiting for the guild I described above. 40 people online on Sunday at 19:30, 0 people online at 21:32 after the raid is over at 21:30, never logging in till next Sunday at 19:30. Find me that guild, then you might have an argument about how raid-logging is the best way to play the game. (newsflash - it's not). For clarification - I'm not trying to force anyone to play in any way - you all do you and play however you want. But don't you dare make the claim that "Raid-logging is all that's needed lol" when there's SO much shit the officer team of a guild needs to do in order to get the raids running smoothly with little to no drama.
    lol, do you have some kind of reading disability? its not the best way, and neither is yours. you are the only one saying your way is better

both are fine, you saying that you have to play like that in mmorpg is wrong, i don't want to socialize with people and i can do that in wow while enjoying the game
    why the fuck would i play a different game if i like this one?
    Last edited by Finear; 2020-02-28 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    I leveled my char to 60, found a guild, got prebis, farmed enough gold before and during MC to have enough consumables untill NAXX is out. I raid log only `couse i gave up on ranking in pvp for now. BUT im always top 5 dps in raid MC/BWL and my performance is always really good(not dying in raids at all unless we ninja pull and we all die). Why would i get low priority on gear?
    Because dalinos farmed timbermaw hold rep and helped some guy in ubrs more recently you. Duh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    lol, do you have some kind of reading disability?
    He has a distinct opinion processing disability. Probably has a chip on his shoulder from being told too many times that his opinions aren't facts. Just ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm sure lol. The game is great. But telling ppl that are downing content easily that they are doing it wrong cause they arent as invested as others? Like wtf haha. Most ppl get their social needs filled IRL and dont need 30 ppl greeting them in game. Kinda sad tbh
    I'm getting more and more convinced that he's trying to make up for something he's deeply insecure about. It's rare (and in many ways sad) to see someone get this hung up over multiple pages of replies in multiple threads about the basic idea that nobody cares what the "best" way to do things is or that what he says is merely another valid opinion in a vast sea of valid opinions. This goes well beyond social problems for him at this point, and the way he derails threads all the time has gotten boring to say the least.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2020-02-28 at 01:37 PM.

Id be neglecting my work and my wife if i did more than raid logging and the occasional random hour of fun on a weekend.
    No way this game is more important than my RL, and I'll not sacrifice any of it just to "add something extra" to the guild.

Luckily, my guild ain't full of kids and have an actual understanding that not everyone has the same RL responsibility. And on top, while I compliment them for their efforts, they compliment me for not being a shitter considering my low /played.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    He has a distinct opinion processing disability. Probably has a chip on his shoulder from being told too many times that his opinions aren't facts. Just ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting more and more convinced that he's trying to make up for something he's deeply insecure about. It's rare (and in many ways sad) to see someone get this hung up over multiple pages of replies in multiple threads about the basic idea that nobody cares what the "best" way to do things is or that what he says is merely another valid opinion in a vast sea of valid opinions. This goes well beyond social problems for him at this point, and the way he derails threads all the time has gotten boring to say the least.
    It's because he agrees with the OP, but he knows it's a bad take from a social point of view. Approximately the exact person that shouldn't be a leader because they're in it for the wrong reason.. I got him to confess he agrees with the OP in his reply to me in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    General hot topic is the large amount of raid loggers each guild has and the hidden animosity that brews between them and general players. They might login once or twice a week to raid and then are gone the rest of the week. Not helping the guild in anyway but still getting the same priority on gear that every day players get.

Should they get the same priority on gear since they assisted in the kills or would the gear be wasted on someone who only uses the gear to raid and rarely is on to help the guild out with other parts of the game.
    try that on your guild, and then in 2 weeks youll be begging ppl to join your raid since you would barely get around 20 players logging for raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering though, at this stage, what help does the guild need outside of raids?

I'm not a raid logger, I still enjoy playing the game, be it an alt or farming gold. But I really don't care if you raid log or not, just as long as you actually show up on time for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Guilds make tens of thousands selling carries
    This is classic. No one pays that for carries in Classic. Fuck, I don't know anyone selling classic carries. MC and Only PUGS are easy to get. BWL will be in a few weeks.

Relax, OP.

It's perfectly normal for people to have a life outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    It's because he agrees with the OP, but he knows it's a bad take from a social point of view. Approximately the exact person that shouldn't be a leader because they're in it for the wrong reason.. I got him to confess he agrees with the OP in his reply to me in this thread.
    "You got me to confess"? Excuse me? I've made my stance clear from the get go. I have no issues with the raid loggers themselves, I have an issue with the action of raid-logging. I also don't agree with giving Ash'Kandi to a Fury Warrior who raid logs, cause he doesn't need it for raids/doesn't PVP/doesn't play the game outside of raids so why would he need a 2hander? I'd much rather give it to the Prot warrior who runs dungeons with his guildies and farms PVP as well, while respeccing twice a week to make this possible. In terms of raiding gear? Same prio, they were there for the boss, they performed, they deserve it as much as anyone. For anything BEYOND raiding gear? Like PVP gear, or RP gear (if that's your shtick, I got Finkle's Lava Dredger even though I don't need it cause I simply adore the model), then no, the raid-logger has no claim on such items because he won't be playing the content they are there for.

Ima say it again to make it crystal clear. People have claimed Raidlogging is fine, performing in raids is all that matters. I've given examples how that is not entirely the case, because of a bunch of shit goes on behind the scenes to offer this raid-logger the stable raiding environment and the successful leadership needed to clear a raid. That is all.

"You got me to confess"? Excuse me? I've made my stance clear from the get go. I have no issues with the raid loggers themselves, I have an issue with the action of raid-logging. I also don't agree with giving Ash'Kandi to a Fury Warrior who raid logs, cause he doesn't need it for raids/doesn't PVP/doesn't play the game outside of raids so why would he need a 2hander? I'd much rather give it to the Prot warrior who runs dungeons with his guildies and farms PVP as well, while respeccing twice a week to make this possible. In terms of raiding gear? Same prio, they were there for the boss, they performed, they deserve it as much as anyone. For anything BEYOND raiding gear? Like PVP gear, or RP gear (if that's your shtick, I got Finkle's Lava Dredger even though I don't need it cause I simply adore the model), then no, the raid-logger has no claim on such items because he won't be playing the content they are there for.

Ima say it again to make it crystal clear. People have claimed Raidlogging is fine, performing in raids is all that matters. I've given examples how that is not entirely the case, because of a bunch of shit goes on behind the scenes to offer this raid-logger the stable raiding environment and the successful leadership needed to clear a raid. That is all.
    You have 0 raid loggers in your guild?

You have 0 raid loggers in your guild?
    Pretty much, yeah. Like, I'm still at the office (end of the month crunch time) but I'm online on Discord on my phone - 3 channels have people in them, 6-8 people in each channel. And Thursday is an off-day, we raid Sundays/Mondays. My guild has, on average, 25 people online on any day of the week, because we just...enjoy being online and playing the game and bantering on Discord.

Even our most "inactive" people are online 3-4 days/7 per week. Whether it's Honour farming, gold farming, materials farming, leveling alts, helping other guildies with random shit, rep farming, whatever, people are active. This doesn't mean EVERYONE is online EVERY day - hell, even I don't log in every single day, cause like you've all repeatedly stated, RL exists. But what you are all describing is the opposite end of the spectrum man. Log in 5 mins before raid, log out 5 mins after raid, never appear for the rest of the week. That's fine if you wanna play like that...but in my guild, you'd basicly be a stranger that only the class-leader knows about.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-02-28 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typos

Pretty much, yeah. Like, I'm still at the office (end of the month crunch time) but I'm online on Discord on my phone - 3 channels have people in them, 6-8 people in each channel. And Thursday is an off-day, we raid Sundays/Mondays. My guild has, on average, 25 people online on any day of the week, because we just...enjoy being online and playing the game and bantering on Discord.

Even our most "inactive" people are online 3-4 days/7 per week. Whether it's Honour farming, gold farming, materials farming, leveling alts, helping other guildies with random shit, rep farming, whatever, people are active. This doesn't mean EVERYONE is online EVERY day - hell, even I don't log in every single day, cause like you've all repeatedly stated, RL exists. But what you are all describing is the opposite end of the spectrum man. Log in 5 mins before raid, log out 5 mins after raid, never appear for the rest of the week. That's fine if you wanna play like that...but in my guild, you'd basicly be a stranger that only the class-leader knows about.
    So you just said that's fine as long as they are ok with being a stranger. I think most raid loggers are fine with being a stranger lol

So you just said that's fine as long as they are ok with being a stranger. I think most raid loggers are fine with being a stranger lol
    Ok, so answer me this then: Why would anyone WANT to be a stranger in a gaming community (a guild) that meets up twice a week (will be 3 maybe 4 times a week when AQ and ZG get released) to spend 2-4 hours gaming together? Why WOULDN'T you want to talk to these people, learn about them, let them learn about you, exchange ideas, bond? You're literally spending 4-8 hours a week together. I simply do not understand this way of thought, maybe you can help me understand? By explaining what and how you think, civilised discussion occurs. Maybe the following example helps you understand where I'm coming from.

In High school, I was fat. Like, quite fat. So I signed up for the basketball team. Kids from other grades that I didn't know, had never talked to, just maybe knew their names. In the beginning, I just focused on training and getting better.

Fast forward 6 months later we've built a bond and we're a group of mates, the Basketball Team. Why? Because we spent 2.5h 3 times a week (Mon-Wed-Fri), after school, training and practising. We won matches, lost matches, the whole story. This went on for 3 years, until I graduated.

What you are describing would be if I showed up to practice, didn't interact with anyone, just said my "Hellos" and my "Goodbyes" at the start and end of practice, went home, didn't talk to anyone, and showed up to the matches to perform. Sounds...quite robotic, and sad, tbh.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-02-28 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typos

Ok, so answer me this then: Why would anyone WANT to be a stranger in a gaming community (a guild) that meets up twice a week (will be 3 maybe 4 times a week when AQ and ZG get released) to spend 2-4 hours gaming together? Why WOULDN'T you want to talk to these people, learn about them, let them learn about you, exchange ideas, bond? You're literally spending 4-8 hours a week together. I simply do not understand this way of thought, maybe you can help me understand? By explaining what and how you think, civilised discussion occurs. Maybe the following example helps you understand where I'm coming from.

In High school, I was fat. Like, quite fat. So I signed up for the basketball team. Kids from other grades that I didn't know, had never talked to, just maybe knew their names. In the beginning, I just focused on training and getting better.

Fast forward 6 months later we've built a bond and we're a group of mates, the Basketball Team. Why? Because we spent 2.5h 3 times a week (Mon-Wed-Fri), after school, training and practising. We won matches, lost matches, the whole story. This went on for 3 years, until I graduated.

What you are describing would be if I showed up to practice, didn't interact with anyone, just said my "Hellos" and my "Goodbyes" at the start and end of practice, went home, didn't talk to anyone, and showed up to the matches to perform. Sounds...quite robotic, and sad, tbh.

Because it is a video game and i fulfill my social needs in real life.

I meet up twice a week with 39 other ppl to down bosses and get gear. I have 1 person who plays the same class as me and we might chat a bit during the raid. That's enough social interaction I need in a video game. Couldnt give a shit about anyone's life, their kids, their other hobbies. I have a fiance, a family, real friends. I play wow to kill shit and get shiny pixels, not to share my life with strangers on the internet.

Sounds like you have some repressed emotions from your younger life and your using wow and a guild to fill that void.

I can't be assed to sift through this to see if any of the posts who agree with the OP have answered, but why should they get lower priority again? Because they don't like running dungeons, or socializing?

My guild has been looking at going into loot list or loot priority list for gear. Basically, only certain classes can roll for certain pieces until all that class that has main priority has it then the 2nd priority can start rolling and so on

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I can't be assed to sift through this to see if any of the posts who agree with the OP have answered, but why should they get lower priority again? Because they don't like running dungeons, or socializing?
    The only one I agree with is they shouldnt get "pvp" gear over others that would actually pvp with it.

But other than that idk. Some ppl do more for a guild even tho no one ever asked them to so they feel they are more deserving or some shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is classic. No one pays that for carries in Classic. Fuck, I don't know anyone selling classic carries. MC and Only PUGS are easy to get. BWL will be in a few weeks.
    I'm literally speaking from experience, so no - you're wrong. We sell carries for tier gear all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

So...you just reinforced my point? You've done everything I listed, more actually...you're pretty much done. You've already established yourself as a guild crafter of one profession (engineering), in order to GET TO THE POINT that you can raid-log. I'm pretty sure you weren't raid logging in the beginning (i.e, the first 2-3 months), because if you were, you wouldn't have achieved half these things. Ergo, by definition, you're not a raid logger. You may raid-log NOW, yes, after 4 months of playing daily (noone gets everything to Exalted in a month's time), but you certainly were not a raid logger when it mattered. Noone cares about raid-loggers when the content is on farm.
    Yeah but I raid log now, that's the point. Most raid loggers are people who have already done all the other shit in the game and only have raiding left to do. Raid content is on farm as soon as it's released, this is Classic dude.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.