Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I don't think 5 masks will ever be a cakewalk. Especially not for the casual player doing less than optimal dps.

Nor should it seeing as it rewards 470 gear. I wouldn't count on getting to much help from upgrades. We should all have or about have filled out our entire HV research tree by now, and all we have after that is an extra 15% sanity drain reduction at rank 15.
    I think you over estimating how quickly people fill the tree. I've been doing just enough to keep the cloak upgraded every week, and I still have 6 more skills to purchase (I need two more ranks in the increased speed one, need 4 in the extra sanity upgrade and the one that it leads too.

Given how pricey it becomes it'll take me a couple more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    A question. Did you notice a big difference between 4 and 5 mask? I guess the last mask was the Long Night.

After doing 4x 3 mask orgri clears this week (burned bridge, pained, dark imagination) with semi ease, I decided to try 4 mask it (daredevil). Honestly I didn't notice any difference, I even cleared it faster than my fastest 3 mask run somehow (probably well placed sanity potions and good gift of the titans procs).

Long Night though... I think it's such a huge increase of difficulty from 4 to 5 masks, it's not linear at all. For my 4 mask run, I was able to approach Rexxar with half sanity and 2 orbs, used an orb before engaging, nuked him, then waited in front of Thrall until my cd's recovered, used orb and nuked him. I didn't use the +500 sanity save. (speaking as balance druid). Doesn't -50% sanity on top of already +25% dmg and hp make it over twice as difficult?

I'm actually wondering if I'll even be able to do SW with 4 masks lol. Umbric is a bitch, and with Laeden Feet + additional madness it will be hella difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to do one more 4 mask orgri this reset and I'll have the technology (full research tree)
    My current situation as well. I tried 3 times already and I think the main factor for me is fucking up at a bad time. The last boss before going into Misha is one that gave me trouble because I kept being tossed around with the fire effect, couldn't focus damage, since I had to keep moving while being destruction, and a freaking figment spawned as I was fighting.

So, yeah. I think at this point what I need is more practice and focus. Gear sure helps a bit, but not as much as one would think. I guess I might also switch to affliction on these problematic bosses.

This is the first time I stopped staying current in the game. The daily grind and horrific visions just don't interest me. BFA is the worst expansion for me. I'm concerned Shadowlands is going to continue going the same direction. I hate that I can't easily play my alts. There should be an easier way to cleanse corrupted gear without going through that long, tedious quest chain.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Ranged finally having to do some work? It's about time!
    You're joking right?

I feel indifferent about Horrific Visions. Generally speaking, I'm not sure players love HV's its possible they like the idea of solo content more so than the HVs. Nevertheless, I could be wrong here but I do think players like them and if they do, I am happy players are more engaged and involved with WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildmann View Post
    The last boss before going into Misha is one that gave me trouble because I kept being tossed around with the fire effect, couldn't focus damage, since I had to keep moving while being destruction, and a freaking figment spawned as I was fighting.
    I actually found the scorched feet madness to be super helpful for this boss. Keep in mind that:

- the missiles is a channel, when you reach the hp treshold for his barrier, he stop channeling them
    - the missiles go into the direction you've been when they spawned, so just moving around him lets you avoid them, and the jump effect helps to create a distance
    - the fire jump occurs only when you move

I was also afraid of this boss since he does a large amount of sanity dmg when you mess up, but it turned out to be super easy actually.

Rexxar also wasnt that hard, because I decided to just nuke the adds when they spawn. I think the biggest challange was the last boss of Valley of Wisdom, its pretty hard to avoid all of the stuff with laeden feet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My current situation as well. I tried 3 times already and I think the main factor for me is fucking up at a bad time. The last boss before going into Misha is one that gave me trouble because I kept being tossed around with the fire effect, couldn't focus damage, since I had to keep moving while being destruction, and a freaking figment spawned as I was fighting.
    Get inside his model while he's casting torrent (but not earlier, he'll just take a step back) - it will spawn behind you and not knock you into the air/force you to run. 'Course you have to move a bit earlier to proc the fire jump and then again during torrent - otherwise you'll just land behind his back and still get hit. Same with the gate boss - no pushback if you stand inside his model.

But yeah, bugs are annoying.
    - just before Rexxar, I got knocked into some weird spot I couldn't get out off. Finally I got feared out of there "thanks" to the zone corruption effect, but this costed me so much sanity that the run was over.
    - I had a miniboss evade and reset, because figment managed to spawn inside a wall and evade until I entered melee range. Sanity orb wasted, no full clear.
    - I had figment spawn and engage Geya'rah somewhere way out of range... in a zone that has stacking slow debuff. Also, she cannot kill the damn thing, it was stuck at 90% hitpoints, while I had to *slowly* run through the entire place, reseting the slow stacks and finally deal with it, after it already forced cheat death proc. By far the most infuriating one.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2020-02-28 at 01:23 PM.

Would love to use the Vessels for Masks runs but have to farm 6-7 per week to carry our guild noobs and healer through it.
    Doing 5 Chest runs with 2 healer and 2 DDs that dosnt even do the dmg the tank does is not so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnf1 View Post
    This is the first time I stopped staying current in the game. The daily grind and horrific visions just don't interest me. BFA is the worst expansion for me.
    I mean, its no different than grinding Argus dailies really. And then on top of typical grind you have additional content, which you unlock by grinding something that you would grind anyway. I can't recall 7.3 having anything else to do besides WQ grind.

A question. Did you notice a big difference between 4 and 5 mask? I guess the last mask was the Long Night.

After doing 4x 3 mask orgri clears this week (burned bridge, pained, dark imagination) with semi ease, I decided to try 4 mask it (daredevil). Honestly I didn't notice any difference, I even cleared it faster than my fastest 3 mask run somehow (probably well placed sanity potions and good gift of the titans procs).

Long Night though... I think it's such a huge increase of difficulty from 4 to 5 masks, it's not linear at all. For my 4 mask run, I was able to approach Rexxar with half sanity and 2 orbs, used an orb before engaging, nuked him, then waited in front of Thrall until my cd's recovered, used orb and nuked him. I didn't use the +500 sanity save. (speaking as balance druid). Doesn't -50% sanity on top of already +25% dmg and hp make it over twice as difficult?

I'm actually wondering if I'll even be able to do SW with 4 masks lol. Umbric is a bitch, and with Laeden Feet + additional madness it will be hella difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to do one more 4 mask orgri this reset and I'll have the technology (full research tree)
    There is little to no RNG involved in Gift of the Titans proccing. It has a close to 100% proc rate once it is off ICD, which is roughly 1:20-1:30, i.e You will ALWAYS proc Gift on your first mob kill about a minute after your previous one expired. If you do the same run with the same route you will know exactly at what packs you will proc gift every single run.

For your 5 mask runs, make sure you always identify what potions are +Sanity & Fire Breath instantly and then just get those effects ASAP. Make good use of K'bab and always use Baked Voidfin. Look for good places to use Bloodlust and never forget to use potions, flasks & scrolls. I was surprised to find that there was VERY little difference in 4 and 5 masks, the only thing that differed was that I was unable to wait for cooldowns as much as I was doing in 4 masks.

As for 5 masking Stormwind, just save movement speed increases and make use of the Draenic Living Action potion in that zone and you're fine. However, as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot, and for Umbric just use your treants on one of his teleports to instantly stop the untargetable phase.

Also, do NOT forget to ALWAYS pick up the % VERS/HP/DMG/CRIT/HASTE buffs early on as they are massively helpful. If you don't know what I mean with those buffs or how to identify what potions are good or bad then you should do a quick google search first and you'll find your future runs much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

So, yeah. I think at this point what I need is more practice and focus. Gear sure helps a bit, but not as much as one would think. I guess I might also switch to affliction on these problematic bosses.
    Stand still inside the bosses hitbox and he can not hit you with the Void Barrage.

There is a big tree stump to the right, you can LoS missles there easily.

Another chore in this game already filled with chores, because the incompetent devs don't know how to keep players in the game with actually fun content instead of grinds of various types.

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    There is little to no RNG involved in Gift of the Titans proccing. It has a close to 100% proc rate once it is off ICD, which is roughly 1:20-1:30, i.e You will ALWAYS proc Gift on your first mob kill about a minute after your previous one expired. If you do the same run with the same route you will know exactly at what packs you will proc gift every single run.

For your 5 mask runs, make sure you always identify what potions are +Sanity & Fire Breath instantly and then just get those effects ASAP. Make good use of K'bab and always use Baked Voidfin. Look for good places to use Bloodlust and never forget to use potions, flasks & scrolls. I was surprised to find that there was VERY little difference in 4 and 5 masks, the only thing that differed was that I was unable to wait for cooldowns as much as I was doing in 4 masks.

As for 5 masking Stormwind, just save movement speed increases and make use of the Draenic Living Action potion in that zone and you're fine. However, as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot, and for Umbric just use your treants on one of his teleports to instantly stop the untargetable phase.

Also, do NOT forget to ALWAYS pick up the % VERS/HP/DMG/CRIT/HASTE buffs early on as they are massively helpful. If you don't know what I mean with those buffs or how to identify what potions are good or bad then you should do a quick google search first and you'll find your future runs much easier.
    These are some great tips! Thanks!

I actually had no idea about the Gift of the Titans thing. Guess I'll have to set up weak auras for that, could be useful while planning the pulls.

For the potions, yeah, I always rush to bodyguards then straight to the body to see which potion is -sanity, then I drink all the rest.

I'm eating K'bab when in the main boss zone, but sometimes when I know I wont be able to utilize gift, I just eat K'bab during that time too for free sanity. But besides that and a haste food / int flask, I didnt min max. Guess I'll have to buy some consumables lol.

I'm just wondering what do you mean by "as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot"? I'm not immune to the debuff and shapeshifting doesnt remove stacks. If you talk about mini disengage from talents, think I'd rather have the extra survability from instant heal. The treants tip though, never thought about that! Am I able to switch talents inside the vision (through the item)?

As for the buffs, yeah I'm aware of them, the only issue is the one in dwarven district where you have to move through the mines, tried to do this the first time I was doing SW, but I was constantly thrown away a few times then I just gave up...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Another chore in this game already filled with chores, because the incompetent devs don't know how to keep players in the game with actually fun content instead of grinds of various types.
    Interesting. So, for me personally, it IS a fun content and it keeps me in the game. So what makes YOUR opinion more important than mine? Why something has no right to be there just because YOU don't like it, despite other people liking it? I'm curious to see.

Interesting. So, for me personally, it IS a fun content and it keeps me in the game. So what makes YOUR opinion more important than mine? Why something has no right to be there just because YOU don't like it, despite other people liking it? I'm curious to see.
    Some people think pet battles are the bee's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You don't need to complete the medium areas to get to hard. If you start out org by going left up the stairs and then continue past the elite you'll want to kill anyways for refreshed sanity you'll be straight at entrance to the hard area.
    I know that's why I said about Rexxar, and even that one you mention is part of medium zone. Also not every alt will have elite extermination. For mains ofc this isn't a concern because they're already doing full clear, for my main +2 mask is basically as easy now as 0 mask was 2 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not particularly. I basically have to make sure the entire time that I'm doing them will be uninterrupted and then go through the exact same route I've been doing for several runs over and over again until I have my cloak items/the corrupted mementos I need.

I have enough vessels now to get my cloak to rank 15 (from 12). I am happy I am done doing assaults now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I have enough vessels now to get my cloak to rank 15 (from 12). I am happy I am done doing assaults now at least.
    must suck to play a game you hate

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I stopped doing them, especially stormwind. Boring as fuck and I really hate timed content like this . Hate fighting against the clock content .
    This is why I never got into Mythic+. More power to people who do enjoy it but beat the clock go-go-go of +, Islands, now Visions and I assume the Torghast tower in Shadowlands is not appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    must suck to play a game you hate
    Imagine enjoying grinding world quests and dailies... people only do them because stuff that's actually interesting and fun is gated behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    This is why I never got into Mythic+. More power to people who do enjoy it but beat the clock go-go-go of +, Islands, now Visions and I assume the Torghast tower in Shadowlands is not appealing to me.
    Torghast at Blizzcon review was said to not be time restricted and more exploration oriented. I hope they deliver on it.