Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I unlocked the final "talent" I suppose of the sanity thing near the entrance to the visions and it cheeses it so much. I don't have to use the sanity restoration orbs unless I sport masks. Next week I'll have the rest of the masks and can try a 5-mask run then.

As far as how they feel? They are okay. Not amazing but not bad either. Spamming them back to back for weekly upgrades is kind of a chore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Torghast at Blizzcon review was said to not be time restricted and more exploration oriented. I hope they deliver on it.
    Oh ok, well that's good to hear. Maybe I was thinking of the thing where while in the Maw you attract more and more attention to yourself by the Jailer until whatever happens I assume which is similar to the Sanity drain effect in the current Visions.

Honestly, It's nothing compared to mage tower. 5 masked org and stormwind and i guess i'll wait for 15 to get my mount and never touch again. I was kinda hoping for advanced mage tower.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-02-28 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    These are some great tips! Thanks!

I'm just wondering what do you mean by "as a balance druid you don't really struggle with Leaden Foot"? I'm not immune to the debuff and shapeshifting doesnt remove stacks. If you talk about mini disengage from talents, think I'd rather have the extra survability from instant heal. The treants tip though, never thought about that! Am I able to switch talents inside the vision (through the item)?

As for the buffs, yeah I'm aware of them, the only issue is the one in dwarven district where you have to move through the mines, tried to do this the first time I was doing SW, but I was constantly thrown away a few times then I just gave up...
    If you play Iris major with resto affinity you should have enough survivability to be able to play disengage in the visions.
    As for you not struggling as a balance druid in there, you basically pre-position yourself in range to disengage to his first teleport on the right side, then you treants the 2nd teleport, and for the third one you are either already fairly well-positioned so that you can disengage into him again, or worst case you Dash and make it all the way to him in time.

The trick for the damage buff in Dwarven is to just take it slow, once you get up the stairs you just jump on the handles and run straight in the room and then you intentionally TP yourself out on a mine once you have the buff. The downstairs room is extremely easy and there is no way to make it up the stairs besides running on the stairhandle. The only thing that can mess you up in there is not running slowly enough downstairs.

There are some neat tricks you can use in Orgrimmar as well to make it much easier that aren't that well known. Let me know if you'd like some of them because it's a lot to write.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Honestly, It's nothing compared to mage tower. 5 masked org and stormwind and i guess i'll wait for 15 to get my mount and never touch again.
    Except you want to do it for sockets and once every week to gain 3 more corruption resistance on your cloak. 5 masking also gives you a 470 item that is very likely to corrupt.

I hate them. It's so boring. Might be tolerable is combat was actually fun e.g.: Tera or Black Desert Online.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    I hate them. It's so boring. Might be tolerable is combat was actually fun e.g.: Tera or Black Desert Online.
    If that's the kind of combat you want, you should have dropped WoW long ago. It's never going to play like that, not in Visions, not in any other kind of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    must suck to play a game you hate
    Dont hate the game. Just hate time-gated crap content. I like to raid, mythic+, and pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    If you play Iris major with resto affinity you should have enough survivability to be able to play disengage in the visions.
    As for you not struggling as a balance druid in there, you basically pre-position yourself in range to disengage to his first teleport on the right side, then you treants the 2nd teleport, and for the third one you are either already fairly well-positioned so that you can disengage into him again, or worst case you Dash and make it all the way to him in time.

The trick for the damage buff in Dwarven is to just take it slow, once you get up the stairs you just jump on the handles and run straight in the room and then you intentionally TP yourself out on a mine once you have the buff. The downstairs room is extremely easy and there is no way to make it up the stairs besides running on the stairhandle. The only thing that can mess you up in there is not running slowly enough downstairs.

There are some neat tricks you can use in Orgrimmar as well to make it much easier that aren't that well known. Let me know if you'd like some of them because it's a lot to write.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you want to do it for sockets and once every week to gain 3 more corruption resistance on your cloak. 5 masking also gives you a 470 item that is very likely to corrupt.
    Whats the point if you are already 470 ilvl and have completed the level of content you generally do? As someone who just does heroic raids and m+ up to 15 there is no reason for me to do masked runs. "For fun and challenge" doesn't do it for me when i already dislike the base version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Dont hate the game. Just hate time-gated crap content. I like to raid, mythic+, and pvp.

Whats the point if you are already 470 ilvl and have completed the level of content you generally do? As someone who just does heroic raids and m+ up to 15 there is no reason for me to do masked runs. "For fun and challenge" doesn't do it for me when i already dislike the base version of them.
    People in my guild farm them for the extra chance of corruptions. Ofc it's low chance because you can get only 1 item per each "tier" of rewards from the runs (1 470, 1 465 etc. rolling down), it's not 100% chance to corrupt and even if it does, there's like 50 different possibilities since each corruption also comes in 3 ranks (except gushing wound I think that one has 1 rank only?)

People also seem to be keen on the idea of power farming the sockets, if you do 5 runs a week all with 5 masks I think you can manage a socket in 1 - 1,5 weeks.

I think they're being a bit too "hardcore" for the level of guild I'm in, but each to their own.

I just managed to get my first solo full clear as a caster and It felt pretty amazing. The risk reward ratio is pretty nice and now I can work on masks.

The legendary cloak quest takes a little out of it as it feels bad to fall behind so I didn't take any risks until I got rank 12.

Why would you NOT improve your characters performance and try to improve as a player just because you completed the content you generally do?

If you don’t see a point in doing Visions for free socket slots on your gear just because you already cleared Heroic then you should probably wait until the next expansion before you log in again - as you already beat the game in your eyes.

How do you function in real life work situations when someone suggests doing something to increase efficiency? Do you just say that theres no need because the old slower way still works?

By your logic in your current situation there's no point in doing heroic raids and m+ either. So might as well, after over a decade, finally accept how the game is functioning or unsub and never come back.

By your logic in your current situation there's no point in doing heroic raids and m+ either. So might as well, after over a decade, finally accept how the game is functioning or unsub and never come back.
    I do heroic raids and mythic plus because i actually enjoy the content. And no i wont unsub and never come back. Ive played the game since beta and i enjoy the game. Some parts of the game are straight up garbage is the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you NOT improve your characters performance and try to improve as a player just because you completed the content you generally do?

If you don’t see a point in doing Visions for free socket slots on your gear just because you already cleared Heroic then you should probably wait until the next expansion before you log in again - as you already beat the game in your eyes.

How do you function in real life work situations when someone suggests doing something to increase efficiency? Do you just say that theres no need because the old slower way still works?
    Improving my performance with a few sockets at the end of the expansion is pointless.

Real life vs video games are two different things. I dont treat wow and my job the same man lol. I play games for fun. When the game becomes unfun i unsub. If parts of the game are not enjoyable i avoid them. Not sure what your problem is.

I do heroic raids and mythic plus because i actually enjoy the content. And no i wont unsub and never come back. Ive played the game since beta and i enjoy the game. Some parts of the game are straight up garbage is the issue.
    Point me at one person that's enjoying 100% of the content and is consuming it all with pleasure. Hint: you can't. Doesn't make it trash just because you don't like it. Or if one person's opinion makes something trash and not worth developing, we can assume whole game is trash and should be shut down. Or in that case, everything in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they're okay but it kind of comes down to what class you play. Casters mostly got the short end of the stick with these as a lot of the time it can be more awkward to do big pulls and AoE everything down. They seem to be more fun as the good AoE melee classes such as DH and DK or warrior. As a priest main they aren't the most tailored experienced I've had, though luckily we have Disc as a spec, which is quite viable after the nerfs they made for healers and tanks (I've pulled off a full clear in case anyway was curious).

Another peeve I have with the Horrific Visions is they're one of those things where you have to be feeling pretty energetic to want to do, and I'm pretty lazy so I'll either only do them once or twice a week or not at all. That applies for pretty much any remotely challenging content though so not even I can really count that as a valid criticism.

Point me at one person that's enjoying 100% of the content and is consuming it all with pleasure. Hint: you can't. Doesn't make it trash just because you don't like it.
    You missed the part where he was answering to another person that said if you hate visions you hate the whole game. So basically the fallacy you were pointing out was in the person earlier in the conversation.

It would be nice though if they could design content as being optional modules instead of everything interconnected with each other to push people into doing everything, even stuff they don't particularly enjoy. The cloak is a centerpiece of this patch, if you want to participate in any endgame that isn't bottom level of casual you have to get it. Whether you like it or not.

On the other hand some people do like visions and would run them more if they could, but they can't since these have limited attempts, or they like the visions themselves but not the dailies / invasions you need to do to obtain the vessels.

Across the years wow evolved into more and more of "A is gated behind B" which both are completely different type of content, but if you like B while not liking A the only option is to either quit altogether, or grit your teeth and suffer through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Honestly, they're okay but it kind of comes down to what class you play. Casters mostly got the short end of the stick with these as a lot of the time it can be more awkward to do big pulls and AoE everything down.
    Tbh I've watched Xerwo's 5 mask run and he literally mowed through it in 1 orb then spent the other 2 orbs chit chatting with his stream viewers. But yeah, he's from Method so he has both the gear and the skill average player doesn't. Still pretty good watch what a caster can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyh68uy1EJc

I've heard to someone did the same (basically burn everything with superior dps) as a mage too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I've watched Xerwo's 5 mask run and he literally mowed through it in 1 orb then spent the other 2 orbs chit chatting with his stream viewers. But yeah, he's from Method so he has both the gear and the skill average player doesn't. Still pretty good watch what a caster can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyh68uy1EJc

I've heard to someone did the same (basically burn everything with superior dps) as a mage too.
    I'm assuming it's mostly about Shadow Priests. They were always pretty bad in various "world content", since the way Voidform work isn't really suited to short, bursty aoe encounters, with enough breaks between them that they lose haste/crit stacks. No real burst for bosses, either, since shadowfiend/mindbender isn't exactly a major cooldown. Even those burrowing tentacles can be a nuisance, since they ignore dot damage while moving around, while pet classes/melee just mows them down.

And it still pales when compared to Demon Hunters, which are just silly. Short cooldown aoe and self healing is the king.

I enjoy them quite a bit, though having started with 5 mask runs i feel the enjoyment has diminished by quite a bit as the small annoyances start to work against you in earnest.
    Medium difficulty areas being a chore to get through because of a combination of entomophobia and scorched feet.
    Rexxar taking all your sanity because you either have to rush him and tank the sanity damage, or go it slow and lose sanity to passive damage regardless.
    The RNG present in which potions you find, which can make or break a run completely.

I cannot deny that it will be quite cathartic to finally complete that full mask, full clear solo run. But goddamn if everything conspires against you.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm not on method level so I had only one orb to spare, but if you have kept up with gearing (470+), cloak and research (should be full now), from this week on it's really trivial, even on a warlock. And it's gonna get twice as easy in a few weeks.

Ofc the average player hasn't kept up with anything, so it's probably gonna very difficult for them, just like mythic raiding or +15s would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Rexxar taking all your sanity because you either have to rush him and tank the sanity damage, or go it slow and lose sanity to passive damage regardless.
    Rexxar is the most difficult thing there (at least as a warlock). Try to bait the gift proc from his boar and then just delete him before it expires with hero.

Also, do NOT forget to ALWAYS pick up the % VERS/HP/DMG/CRIT/HASTE buffs early on as they are massively helpful. If you don't know what I mean with those buffs or how to identify what potions are good or bad then you should do a quick google search first and you'll find your future runs much easier.
    No, these potions can fuck you up real good. It's better to just pick up sanity potions and unless you track all these potions so they never expire mid fight don't take them.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-03-01 at 05:48 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buff potion placement is so random that they're not really worth it - with the possible exception of fire breath for healers, since their standard aoe is garbage. If you don't find another buff in short order, you'll lose it in the most crucial moment, sending you into puking spree in the middle of something nasty, potentially wasting your entire run. They really should give them pre-determined spots, like chests, so at least you know there will be *something* in the area. Instead, you can get lucky and get several sanity potions in a row, giving you a ton of free time for no cost, completely randomly.