Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

"Get Your Legendary Cloak!"

This link was just put up yesterday on the battle.net launcher. I wonder how many people are just blowing off this part of 8.3.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...egendary-cloak
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Wouldn't really be surprising that Visions & the cloak are systems that are not being picked up, by the general playerbase, as much as Blizzard would hope to.

It seems to be quite the divisive topic, when it comes to discussions regarding interest and enjoyment, even when ignoring the quality aspect of said feature.

These sort of systems should be one of many things that Activision-Blizzard should be able to provide for the playerbase, in these sort of patches, as opposed to being the major, or even the only, new thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Wouldn't really be surprising that Visions & the cloak are systems that are not being picked up, by the general playerbase, as much as Blizzard would hope to.
    You're kidding yourself if you think that people are protesting by not picking the cloak up. This is meant for casual people that are just starting the patch: unlike what the hardcore fanbase believes, casuals start playing at random times throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You're kidding yourself if you think that people are protesting by not picking the cloak up. This is meant for casual people that are just starting the patch: unlike what the hardcore fanbase believes, casuals start playing at random times throughout the expansion.
    Hasn't it only been around for barely over a month?
    If that was the main reason wouldn't it be wiser to publish this article a bit further away, probably a bit further into the content draught?

Not to say that's completely farfetched to assume. Casuals do indeed play randomly, as opposed to regular players, which MMOC players probably majorly are part of.
    Just seems like an odd thing to do, so close to the patch release itself, especially with the long wait that is in front of us until Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2020-02-28 at 11:45 PM.

It does seem a little weird that they promote this particular part of an expansion. This guide, along with the poll they posted the other day, makes me wonder as well - is it really as (un)popular as some people think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Hasn't it only been around for barely over a month?
    If that was the main reason wouldn't it be wiser to publish this article a bit further away, probably a bit further into the content draught?
    The mass majority of people are going to drop this expansion very quickly after N'zoth comes out on LFR, to the point that even game articles asking "What went wrong?" will start going out. Better to tell casuals how to get their cloak in the meantime.

No point in pretending 8.3 will last till Q4 2020, they know it won't.

Oh, the cloak looks different with upgrades? I thought it was weird that it looked like a rag.

I certainly skipped it on my alts. Screw that noise.

It was yet another system that was haphazardly tacked on at the end of an expansion. What Blizzard doesn't realise is that there is a serious case of 'systems burnout' in WoW right now. This is not helping their cause.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have not done the Cloak/Purple World activities on any of my 14 120's. BFA is not compelling enough for me to grind out what is offered in this part of the expansion. I have played every expansion since inception and this is probably my first time to say that enough grinding is enough. The mounts and such will be available next expansion if I decide to go back and farm. For some of the limited time things, I will just buy a carry if possible. The game offers many different segments and this one is just not interesting to me. Stay safe!

I played the first week or so of 8.3, did a few visions and decided nah fuck it too much effort.

You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak. All so you can use some corrupted gear. But if your cloaks not high enough, you have to either bank the upgrade item or cleanse it and make it weaker. The whole system is a joke. I'm a casual player these days, been playing WoW far too long to keep playing at the levels I used to and I don't have any motivation to do any of that just so I can run some dungeons and actually use the upgrades that drop.

I suspect their retention numbers have dropped a lot. Most casual players will check out the beginning of a new patch to see the new content, that's the make or break time and I suspect, like me, many have tried it and noped out. Which is why they're advertising it, trying to entice people to come back to bring the numbers up again already.

They also published this: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...craft-classic/
    Even though Classic has been out for more than half a year.

So yeah seems they're just trying to make some commotion / pr moves to get more activity. It must be dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It was yet another system that was haphazardly tacked on at the end of an expansion. What Blizzard doesn't realise is that there is a serious case of 'systems burnout' in WoW right now. This is not helping their cause.
    Ironically Shadowlands is lauded for "not enough systems", when that very reason is the systems burnout in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I certainly skipped it on my alts. Screw that noise.
    inb4 you get insta mcd in last lfr wing for not having ur cloak

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The mass majority of people are going to drop this expansion very quickly after N'zoth comes out on LFR, to the point that even game articles asking "What went wrong?" will start going out. Better to tell casuals how to get their cloak in the meantime.

No point in pretending 8.3 will last till Q4 2020, they know it won't.
    You cant raid without it, you get insta MCD on cara/nzoth i guess it applies to lfr too so they need the cloak to do it.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    You cant raid without it, you get insta MCD on cara/nzoth i guess it applies to lfr too so they need the cloak to do it.
    It won't matter to a surprising number of people, especially those who'd rather just try to push mythic keys.

8.3 would have been better served w/ an 8 or 9 boss raid, the rest of the bosses wind up in a new 5-man, and maybe some other element of Nyalotha to WQ in rather than what's been provided.

In its current form, the patch serves as an indicator to skip Shadowlands entirely if this is the direction the game is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It won't matter to a surprising number of people, especially those who'd rather just try to push mythic keys.
    Nobody is pushing keys without a cloak, wtf where you thinking with this line?

Think lots have just stopped till shadow lands

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    People still do Lfr?, I stopped doing Lfr midway through Legion because the experience is mostly mind numbingly boring and not even worth the time to get mediocre gear that you can get from some other less boring path.

Not unlike the legendary cloak quest chain which is also mind numbingly boring and I would not blame anybody that decided not to do it on an alt.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-02-29 at 01:47 AM.