Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    I do not pug often nowadays, but back when I was pugging high Legion keys I also made sure to not invite people if most of their runs are timed pugs.

Most runs timed in a premade group - that's normal.
    Most runs timed across many pug groups - you're a quitter.
    I don't do that either, i only pug on alts for gear.
    I wouldn't be able to do keys higher than 18 with rnds my expectations are too high, and you don't meet top 50 raider and mdi player in pugs on a daily base
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-29 at 03:06 AM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    people need to leave sometimes,it happens,this never happened to me in bfa,granted i very rarely pug and its usualy for 15 so people want to get it done,but man you must be rly rly unlucky yo have it happen so often lol

Coming from a player who loves competition with a hardcore mentality:
    I've always felt like people should be more responsible when they join for Mythic+ with other 4 people (randoms or friends). If you join, you should be aware that things can go wrong, leaving and disbanding a group because things don't go as you like shouldn't be decided by one person. I think that implementing a voting system to stop the run and not being punished (example: 1-7 days debuff can't join mythic+ depending on how often you quit without having the majority of the party voting to leave). I know it's not as simple as that but I am sure it would work better than what we have right now. I am aware that people are dicks and maybe those 3-4 friends on discord would maybe want to get people punished on purpose, this is why I think this should be implemented if there are max 2 premade and not a party of 3-4. There are things to be added obviously but this solution would be a start maybe?

I always remember that behind those characters, real people are playing and using their time in accomplishing something. Fucking up their runs isn't the way to go. Wasting their time (AND YOURS) by quitting is disrespectful, people should start giving more value to their time. For me, it has no price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    3 out of 3 runs ruined at the last boss. You seem to be the common denominator. From your OP it is easy to see that you are the toxic one. You should have a good look at yourself and ask why people don't like playing with you.

As to the gear issue there isn't anything else you can do if you don't raid more than LFR. You might not have time and that is OK. I believe you shouldn't run anything you don't want to but it looks like your character is cursed. Is creating a new one out if the question?
    Hahahaha what a stupid post. Why do you even bother? Do you really think you're witty, or amusing?

The only thing you're even remotely close to the mark on is the unlikeliness of the OP having 3 runs ruined at the last boss, with someone just randomly leaving for no reason. I'd bet a fair bit of money on that not having happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Hahahaha what a stupid post. Why do you even bother? Do you really think you're witty, or amusing?

The only thing you're even remotely close to the mark on is the unlikeliness of the OP having 3 runs ruined at the last boss, with someone just randomly leaving for no reason. I'd bet a fair bit of money on that not having happened.
    What's stupid about that post? The person complaining is the common denominator indeed. It's generally true that either this person is toxic and causes people to quit, or this person is very bad at the game and causes people to quit... or this person's choice of groups to join (or people to invite) is very much off and, you know, ends badly.

The latter part seems to be the most common one. For some reason, reading social and circumstantial cues in an online game does not seem to be a skill that comes naturally to most people.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-02-29 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It depends on your gear level. People who outgear the dungeons only need weekly / r.io score. But people who still need gear (alts / new / returning players) could use the items even from lower keys. It's one of the few sources of endless gear contrary to emissaries / warfronts / lfr / world bosses etc. that are limited per week.
    in general, you want score. rest i wrote above.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Invite Similiar Io score and you mostly will not get leaver.

When inviting higher score than yours, be sure to perform good - else he/they leave, You will realize how annoying this can be, once you push higher keys and suddenly it is you, that starts to leave a key.

When pushing, people leave becasue of timer -

When doing Weekly run and they leave, i agree it is toxic and you should get over it quickly. Does not help you grieving those.

Balancing your group with Score is the key. Inviting only the best, will probably not work with a low score.
    Tbh I agree with you wholeheartedly, high score people usually care about increasing it further, while low score people are usually the ones who don't care about it (otherwise they would have grinded it).

Low score / high gear ilvl is probably person that does 1 dungeon a week only for the chest and gets most gear from other sources like raiding or pvp. Low score / low ilvl is probably alt or new player.

If I know I'm doing alts for weekly I tend to whisper people if I have to pug spares if they're fine with non timed run just for weekly. Yes, people can lie, but what's the point? If you want timed and someone tells you they're doing alts or boosting a friend better not join in the first place.

If all parties want weekly / completion for loot only reasons to leave would be irl emergency or not being able to finish the dungeon, for example group can't pass specific boss due to too low gear (tyranical witches in waycrest and lack of dps etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you finish the run, it shows up on your raider.io. My only guess is people would rather forgo the loot at the end than have an overtimed dungeon on their list? I don't know; it's dumb to me. I never leave unless someone else already has. That said, I also haven't seen people leave very often -- although I seldom pug over 10+ -- so it seems you were super unlucky.

(edit: I guess you didn't say whether these would have been timed or not, but I assume no because I feel like no one would leave a timed run, also because PuGs fail more often than they succeed in my experience)
    As someone who does M+ mainly for loot rather than score, I hate this logic so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    almost every case of people ditching a key is where the person with a high or highest r.io score in the group is the one to prematurely leave a key
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I chain left 15's after i knew i wasn't going to time them, so what u want your weekly? i've done like 10 today i just want 15 intime for the achi/mount, sorry u sucked next time don't invite people with far better raider.io than yourself and pretend u can time it when u don't know mechanics at all.

1 DH we used his 15 key, he died 8 times by the 3rd boss and ninja pulled twice causing 2 wipes, fuck yeah i wasted his key, go buy a fucking boost or learn the dungeon, jeez your spec is faceroll surely u can focus on mechanics while smashing ur face into your effortless rotation.

case in point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    As someone who does M+ mainly for loot rather than score, I hate this logic so much.
    To be clear, I certainly am not endorsing it. I'm just guessing that as the reason cos I can't imagine what other reason people would do it outside of specific problems or vendettas.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Nah they weren't timed out, 2 of them were super quick runs, no wipes, i was healing on a 446 MW. Last one I just did finally cleared but the key expired because we grabbed a 440 DH tank who had no idea what he was doing...

Apart from that, doesn't anyone experience really shit loot tables?

PvP chest - legs 3 weeks in a row
    PvE chest - wrists 5 weeks in a row

I'm 446 ilvl and i've seen no upgrades in 2 weeks, I've ran 20+ mythics and 2 clears of LFR...
    I call major bs on this,what keys are you doing that at 446 you get NO UPGRADES IN 2 WEEKS! jesus man,im 476 and i got an upgrade from world quests

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I agree with you wholeheartedly, high score people usually care about increasing it further, while low score people are usually the ones who don't care about it (otherwise they would have grinded it).

Low score / high gear ilvl is probably person that does 1 dungeon a week only for the chest and gets most gear from other sources like raiding or pvp. Low score / low ilvl is probably alt or new player.

If I know I'm doing alts for weekly I tend to whisper people if I have to pug spares if they're fine with non timed run just for weekly. Yes, people can lie, but what's the point? If you want timed and someone tells you they're doing alts or boosting a friend better not join in the first place.

If all parties want weekly / completion for loot only reasons to leave would be irl emergency or not being able to finish the dungeon, for example group can't pass specific boss due to too low gear (tyranical witches in waycrest and lack of dps etc.).
    good point here,if you wanna complete the key,its smarter to invite people on the lower end,i dont care about the score,i just do a 15-16 a week and sometimes help guildies/friends,never left a key once unless the grp disbanded,a few times in pugs i have had nice surprises in a run for weekly that we end up timing it just fine

Pugs in M+ are generally either

1.) Aiming for completions (once a week for weekly chest, or for 465 gear from the dungeon.)
    2.) Aiming to time the key and mostly have high .io.

Leaving is usually a result of a group of type 1 players inviting a type 2 player. They're not there for the same reason you are, if it's obvious the group won't time they have no reason to be there, and they aren't obligated to carry you for gear. If you're being upfront about aiming for clearing only and the guy leaves anyway, that's on him. If you're calling the group a "push" group and clearly aren't capable of doing it, that's on you.
    Be upfront and direct about the aim "chill" or "for completion", don't invite players with a much higher .io.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Run Boralus some time ago. It was nice run up untill last boss. On ~15% of kraken HP it threw our tank into textures and we died. That one DH called us all fuckers and left the party. We failed the whole run.
    Except there is no "it threw the tank" on the fight, the mechanics of which you clearly don't know.

Given that you don't know the basics of the dungeon, you being unable to complete it is working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's also because people are being super picky and weird with choice of tanks, if you need "warrior tank!" for your 15 thinking you can't use anything else.
    Most times any listing you see asking for a specific class means the group is full of bads.

I still see "rogue" listings for dungeons (not TD) that no longer have any need for shroud with the seasonal affix.

Wanting bloodlust/battlerez/shout/etc makes sense, and wanting shout is the only reason for "warrior tank!" other than being so bad that you need the meta for 15s.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I dont understand the idea of leaving cause you will have a depleted run. If a group is missing a tank, literally the first tank with high ilevel will get invited regardless of score, let alone checking what they have done. More or less the same for healers as long as they arent a priest or a shaman.

DPS-wise, you just go with the highest combination of meta-ish class or gigantic ilevel and since there is always like 50 DPS queuing for each run, I highly doubt anyone bothers to check if you depleted a run.

People leaving a run literally have no idea how to value their time and are probably the same people that take more than 20 min to complete an invasion. Even depleted, you still get usually 3 items which are beyond Heroic level, can socket/tertiary, can corrupt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    This is the reason why we unfortunately have rating addons in wow.
    I find the higher the io the more likely they are going to leave.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Clearly it happens, otherwise the OP wouldn't have made this thread.
    Just because someone makes a thread about something doesn't mean it happens or what they say is true. The level of delusion around here is pretty fucking high.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying the reasoning of "OP said it so it's true" is just not valid lol.

I have a limited amount of goodwill that gets used up by terrible pugs. People who don't know how to do the bosses in an instance should not be jumping into 10s. I leave bad groups and stay with good groups that can time the key.

I used to be of the mindset that I should be a good person and give people the loot they feel entitled to by holding the keystone. But then I got into situations like Shrine keys taking 1hr 20min due to people still not finding their interrupt buttons after multiple wipes to Vol'zith. (As a brewmaster monk, I had to go out and respec everything and use 'meme' talents just to get enough single target output to kill the sha add fast enough to save the DPS from their own stupidity. All I got out of this was financial drain from repair and potion costs.) Finishing one key in the same time it could take you to finish three keys is not an efficient way to play the game.

Advertise keys as Completion if you don't intend to time them and you'll be more likely to get people who will stay. People who've been running a character through mythic+ and heroic Nyalotha since 8.3 dropped have likely reached a gear ceiling for puggable content and aren't doing keys for the gear that drops at the end. We try to do at least one 15+ a week for 475 loot and then see whatever else we can time for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then get guildies or make friends to run M+ with? Not rocket science. I used to run with friends and it was completely toxic-free. Every time we had to pug, the quality and enjoyment became variable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Just because someone makes a thread about something doesn't mean it happens or what they say is true. The level of delusion around here is pretty fucking high.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying the reasoning of "OP said it so it's true" is just not valid lol.
    I hate that sarcasm is so easily missed by so many.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I hate that sarcasm is so easily missed by so many.
    There's way too many stupid comments around here to be able to pin point which one is serious and which one is sarcasm. Specially since the biggest sarcasm doesn't even comme close to the ridiculousness of some of the serious shits I've seen.

Had a situation tonight in a key that could have gone bad but luckily didn't. Doing a +9 Tol Dagor for an alt's weekly - I know a 9 isn't very high but my prot pala isn't the highest geared so it's around appropriate level. Healer dc's on second boss but it's late enough during the pull that we finish him off. With a healer out and it being necrotic and tyrannical with not the best group it's not looking too good but I say 'lets keep clearing until he comes back' and we go slow and steady 1 pack at the time until we reach third boss, and this is when healer returns and apologizes for the DC and we finish the key together.

Now, had the healer not returned, I think chances would have been close to minimal to finish because neither of the DPS had a healing offspec and while I'm not too worried about my own survival - there's definitely mechanics especially on the last boss in TD that will do group damage and people need to be healed or have solid self healing. I dunno, there's plenty of keys that fall apart due to leavers or DC's but I think it's always a nice feeling when you finish a key having overcome a bump like that. I think in many scenarios that healer DC'ing would have meant a group disband somewhere between 2nd and 3rd boss, though we carried on and I guess some luck that he came back just in time.

But yeah there's a lot of jackasses out there with the 'my time is worth more than your time' attitude. The person who would leave a key and ruin it for the rest of the group with the reasoning "I dont want a depleted key on my r.io page" (like they think people actually care about this???) are the same people who will get their coworkers fired so they get a promotion instead - because ultimately what's most important is yourself. In the end I'm fully behind wanting to climb a ladder but you don't have to crush other people on the way to the top.