10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Some got improvements, some are seeing no changes - and for some its significantly worse.

And Cyrodil is apparently crashing constantly for most (all?) at this point.

So like life - some good... some not. YMMV!
    Some are also seeing improvements. I've never been able to do trials with max settings. Now I can and still maintain 60fps. It's great. Haven't really noticed shorter load screens though which I'm not surprised with since the loading screen issues are serverside related and no so much client side with ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This will be an interesting year for ESO. They are planning major system reworks with the Champion system and likely with skill rebalancing. I honestly hope they transition the original classes to work more like the Warden and Necromancer.
    man, i hope they don't change the champion system too much. ESO's about the only example of a proper way to do max level content in the entire mmo market.

the shit of infinite progression that everyone else always tries just fails and feels boring as fuck. at least with CP, you got an end point. you can't have infinite progression, or you eventually run into the problem of needing stat/level squishes.

and idk, the update didn't seem to change much for me. no change is better than bad change at least.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2020-02-28 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    man, i hope they don't change the champion system too much. ESO's about the only example of a proper way to do max level content in the entire mmo market.

the shit of infinite progression that everyone else always tries just fails and feels boring as fuck. at least with CP, you got an end point. you can't have infinite progression, or you eventually run into the problem of needing stat/level squishes.

and idk, the update didn't seem to change much for me. no change is better than bad change at least.
    Infinite progression is always a bad system.

It is first and foremost lazy - it creates "chase the numbers" mentality for no other reason just to chase them.
    Secondly - it create the system that doesnt respect you, you just need to play to keep up (or that is the mentality) and new content is either pushed for the no lifers (because you know, you create system so better make incentivize to use it) or not, but then you failed, because people would not bother with infinite progression.
    Thirdly - its not humane design. There is a need of an end point. Always. Even in MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Infinite progression is always a bad system.

It is first and foremost lazy - it creates "chase the numbers" mentality for no other reason just to chase them.
    Secondly - it create the system that doesnt respect you, you just need to play to keep up (or that is the mentality) and new content is either pushed for the no lifers (because you know, you create system so better make incentivize to use it) or not, but then you failed, because people would not bother with infinite progression.
    Thirdly - its not humane design. There is a need of an end point. Always. Even in MMORPG.
    people don't understand it till they have to live with it.

i've lived with it in wow for three expansions now, and it's not a good system. it sounds good, always having something to do, until you actually have to experience. i'd much rather that "something to do" be dungeons for currencies, transmog, mounts, or whatever. not an endless grind that serves only to up MAU metrics for suited up bastards that've never played a game in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    people don't understand it till they have to live with it.

i've lived with it in wow for three expansions now, and it's not a good system. it sounds good, always having something to do, until you actually have to experience. i'd much rather that "something to do" be dungeons for currencies, transmog, mounts, or whatever. not an endless grind that serves only to up MAU metrics for suited up bastards that've never played a game in their life.
    Yes, having a goal, is a go to for most players. Sadly, some games can not offer more than just goal is having bigger numbers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Don't forget that the game is going through a bit of an "overhaul" in terms of it's installation and patching tomorrow. The game will need to be completely redownloaded. You don't have to do anything special as the launcher will remove the old installation and start the new one but for those with low bandwidth and data caps (like me), be careful as the game will have to be completely downloaded. The plus side is the game install size won't be nearly as big as it currently is and this will help with asset loading in game giving us (supposedly) shorter loading screens and improved fps.
    I haven't noticed any difference. Took longer than normal to download the update, but other than that, all seems to be the same as before.

But I have not been playing the game much anymore. Was very disappointed in the class changes a few months back and the Necromancer class, does not feel like he is one. :P

Just a different skin caster class.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Don't forget that the game is going through a bit of an "overhaul" in terms of it's installation and patching tomorrow. The game will need to be completely redownloaded. You don't have to do anything special as the launcher will remove the old installation and start the new one but for those with low bandwidth and data caps (like me), be careful as the game will have to be completely downloaded. The plus side is the game install size won't be nearly as big as it currently is and this will help with asset loading in game giving us (supposedly) shorter loading screens and improved fps.
    Tempting to re-install ESO and play for a few days. Hopefully they managed to fix some bugs instead of adding new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is one LOOOOOOOOOONG download.
    How big is it? My internet only peaks at about 60megs a sec.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How big is it? My internet only peaks at about 60megs a sec.
    It's the full game apparently (they're redoing how it's stored etc.), so around 50GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's the full game apparently (they're redoing how it's stored etc.), so around 50GB.
    Ok so that isn't too bad, it will only take 15mins to download. I may give it a try I have heard good things.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ok so that isn't too bad, it will only take 15mins to download. I may give it a try I have heard good things.
    It'll probably take longer to install than it will to download, unless you're running it on a SSD. I just went AFK and let it do its thing for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It'll probably take longer to install than it will to download, unless you're running it on a SSD. I just went AFK and let it do its thing for an hour or two.
    I have an SSD but no rooooom left on it, I may have to delete WoW.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

So as someone who jumps into ESO for a few months, jumps out and is now wanting to jump back in...

Can someone explain to me in simple terms how DLCs / Chapters / Zone DLCs work?

If I buy the Greymoor upgrade, is it like WoW where it will also give me all previous Chapters / DLCs? How do I even know what I have?

Confused as hell on what I should buy, what I have, what buying Greymoor gives me... etc

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So as someone who jumps into ESO for a few months, jumps out and is now wanting to jump back in...

Can someone explain to me in simple terms how DLCs / Chapters / Zone DLCs work?

If I buy the Greymoor upgrade, is it like WoW where it will also give me all previous Chapters / DLCs? How do I even know what I have?

Confused as hell on what I should buy, what I have, what buying Greymoor gives me... etc
    all DLC's are included with subscription. that includes previous chapters ONCE Graymoor is released, before that - you need to buy current expansion. so in that regard its exactly like wow. the main difference is that if you chose not to subscribe, you have to buy all the prior expansions and DLC's separately with exception of Vvardenfel and imperial city which are now included in base game regardless of your subscription status.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you buy Graymoor, you get all the previous Chapters and can access them whenever you want, with or without the subscription. DLC's are completely separate and do not come part of any Chapter. You can either buy the DLC's individually or have full access to them all with a subscription.

If you buy Graymoor, you get all the previous Chapters and can access them whenever you want, with or without the subscription. DLC's are completely separate and do not come part of any Chapter. You can either buy the DLC's individually or have full access to them all with a subscription.
    that only applies if you buy greymoor + base game. upgrade doesn't include previous chapters.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_edition

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Pre-purchase for immediate access to an exclusive mount, the base game, and Elsweyr™, Summerset™ & Morrowind™ Chapters in addition to bonus in-game content at launch.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...eymoor_upgrade

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Pre-purchase for immediate access to an exclusive mount in addition to bonus in-game content available at launch.

it.. might actualy be worth it to buy greymoor edition rather then upgrade, since for $20 extra bucks, you get full acess to all expansion features, which includes a warden class (and if they do the same with Elsweyr that they did with Vvardenfel - necromancer would be separate purchase once Greymoor drops as well). cheaper then buying crowns to unlock those

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to learn how to like the games combat?

I love everything about this game except its combat cus I feel so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Is there a way to learn how to like the games combat?

I love everything about this game except its combat cus I feel so limited.
    limited in what way?

I don't know if you can "learn to like" it, its a very particular type of combat. but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by limited in context of ESO combat, since you have combination of 2 weapons and 12 skills on 2 bars that you select out of I don't even know how many skills you can learn - to create a rotation from.

you can learn how to be better at it with practice and understanding. learning to like it though... I've been playing this games for years now and I only hate the combat more with each passing year and every new combat change :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    limited in what way?

I don't know if you can "learn to like" it, its a very particular type of combat. but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by limited in context of ESO combat, since you have combination of 2 weapons and 12 skills on 2 bars that you select out of I don't even know how many skills you can learn - to create a rotation from.

you can learn how to be better at it with practice and understanding. learning to like it though... I've been playing this games for years now and I only hate the combat more with each passing year and every new combat change :/
    I hate the weapon skills. They are identical on all classes, might as well have one class where you could choose what you wanted instead.

I hate that I can't be a Magicka guy with sword and shield. I would love that for cosmetic reasons.

I'm not a fan of light and heavy attacks, and I hate that I have to switch weapons to get more skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I hate the weapon skills. They are identical on all classes, might as well have one class where you could choose what you wanted instead.

I hate that I can't be a Magicka guy with sword and shield. I would love that for cosmetic reasons.

I'm not a fan of light and heavy attacks, and I hate that I have to switch weapons to get more skills.
    You either just get used to it, or you get over it.

And you technically CAN be a Magicka guy with sword and shield...you just have to NOT use the sword and shield and instead use magicka class skills while those weapons are equipped. It's not optimal, but it IS possible.

I'm playing a Sword+Board Necromancer and I like it well enough, it's a decent mix of Stamina, Health and Magicka (mostly Health and Stamina, though). My main complaint with ESO prior to playing that class was how squishy I was and that I couldn't easily do open world content. Don't have that problem at all on my Necro, though I still can't solo world bosses, but I'm also only level 30 and only decently geared. I can solo most public dungeons though.