Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Think lots have just stopped till shadow lands
    Yep. Right here. Fuck this expansion. 8.3 made it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Okay. I'm not willing to do mythic raiding, I would like mythic gear. It's Blizzard responsibility to give it to me for nothing in your mind?
    If doing that increases retention and $$$ for ATVI, that damn right that is what Blizzard should do. More likely, they just get rid of M raiding (and its gear) entirely.

I can't repeat this enough: Blizzard employees are not there to realize some ideal game. They are there to make money for their employer. There is no other reason for Blizzard and the games it produces to exist.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I can't repeat this enough: Blizzard employees are not there to realize some ideal game. They are there to make money for their employer. There is no other reason for Blizzard and the games it produces to exist.
    Maybe you should rather play the Stock market than video games.

I spend 99% of my wow time on classic but I also haven’t finished my cloak

The quest is boring, it’s a bad repeat of mop, and quite frankly I don’t have interest in yet another seasonal replaceable system from wow retail

They need to add permanent upgrades and less seasonal d3 like systems

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Dude. I am not stating an opinion, I'm stating a fact. Publicly trade corporations exist to maximize shareholder value. The executives of these corporations have a fiduciary responsibility to do this. The notion that corporations should do otherwise is a bizarre fantasy disconnected from all legal reality.

Now, maybe you're claiming that designing the sort of casual-spurning content many advocate would actually maximize shareholder value. I think there's no evidence for this and plenty against, but at least that argument doesn't start from a position of pure denial.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2020-02-29 at 03:20 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

It’s, ironically, the best time to get in on the stock market. Wait for the bottom and then jump in and thank me later.

Also, the cloak commits the biggest sin in all of video gaming.... it’s boring

Dude. I am not stating an opinion, I'm stating a fact.
    No, the point is what sort of argument you present and despite that, Blizzard hasn't fully turned into a Konami 2.0.
    Simply giving player literally anything doesn't increase your profit on the long run.

The simple basis of probably any argument presented on this forum regarding the game design is pretty much one thing:
    What is more fun?

And that's the catch, the problem behind the Legendary cloak isn't a 2h questchain or that you need it for N'zoth, but rather that the questchain and probably BfA as a whole isn't that fun.

If Blizzard were to see a benefit in going full Gacha, they'd go for it, but they haven't, because they know they nuke their long term profitability.
    And that's the fundamental error you commit, you link any obstacle presented within the game as casual unfriendly and thus should be removed.

Do you think "hardcore" people like the legendary cloak?
    I don't, i don't like doing a ~2h questchain on every alt, i don't like doing dailies on multiple characters to go into the same scenario multiple times in order to upgrade some item.

And Maybe, *just maybe* players (or customers) should primarily argue over what is being fun rather than over Blizzards profit.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-29 at 03:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The fact an hour long quest line is seen as too long to obtain the most powerful item in the game is a problem with players, not Blizzard. You can't blame them for people being lazy
    1 hour quest?........ try with 2-3 hours
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whatever that means.

There are friends of mine who just casually log in...don't check forums....and weren't even aware of this feature. Guess Blizzard should have put "legendary cloak" into the pop up that you get, when you log in for the patch..and not just "an unexpected visitor" or whatever it is called.

So at the end of the day if it " isn't being picked up, by the general playerbase, as much as Blizzard would hope to. " - they could have advertised it better in game, indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you committed the biggest sins in all of forum posting...you forgot to add "in my opinion"
    Oh man you really proved me wrong there.

I could put imho there but it won’t change how boring the cloak is as a legendary. It’s a hand me down everyone gets one legendary. Legendary in color alone

It was better done in legion

No, the point is what sort of argument you present and despite that, Blizzard hasn't fully turned into a Konami 2.0.
    Simply giving player literally anything doesn't increase your profit on the long run.
    Was there something in the way I spelled the word "if" that made you not understand it?

Was there something in the way I spelled the word "if" that made you not understand it?
    First off, i didn't quote that section.

Second, i already answered it by stating it won't increase their profit, because it doesn't solve the underlying issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yep. Right here. Fuck this expansion. 8.3 made it even worse.
    Nah disagree it made it better.

Sometime ago, MMOC was running some scripts to generate stats about players.
    Would be nice for MMOC to run a stat on (active) lvl 120 chars to see how many have the cloak and then detailed by rank. That is, if Blizz allows. :-)

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're slow as fuck, perhaps
    Nope...... But you are living in a fantasy world
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Wouldn't really be surprising that Visions & the cloak are systems that are not being picked up, by the general playerbase, as much as Blizzard would hope to.

It seems to be quite the divisive topic, when it comes to discussions regarding interest and enjoyment, even when ignoring the quality aspect of said feature.

These sort of systems should be one of many things that Activision-Blizzard should be able to provide for the playerbase, in these sort of patches, as opposed to being the major, or even the only, new thing to do.
    The Visions are very boring, imo :X And since I won't be raiding this addon anymore I don't know why I should do them - or anything in BFA for that matter.

I've been mulling over this myself.

I actually like the visions in theory - the runs are decently snappy, can be masked to have a decent challenge, etc, but in practice I find myself struggling to find the interest. Compared to mage tower which I always enjoyed doing... so why? A few things stand out:

1) Making it mandatory turns it from desire to engage to a chore. "You have to do this". Visions -> cloak upgrade -> more ilevel + ability to wear more corrupted gear. Even activities one has interest in lose a lot of luster when you're doing them as a 'job'. I am so tired of weekly chores over weekly choices.

2) That mandatory power increase doesn't feel good anyway. Linked to the above, while there's an ilevel increase, the main reward for a good part of it is the corruption resistance... and corruption is an awful system heavily influenced by RNG. I'm sitting on a pile of low-roll Void Rituals mostly (seriously I have like 8 different items for the same slot with tier 1 void ritual, and no one else in my raid uses it so that makes it even worse), I have one med tier twilight devastation, and one ineffable truth. Not a single infinite stars or gushing wounds or anything else good for my spec. So it doesn't really make me feel like I gain anything to upgrade my corruption resistance because I have nothing that feels good to slot against it.

3) Tied to even more chores. That is, I can't just run a vision. I have to go farm what are essentially more "Show up, press button/spam aoe, get reward" world quests to get the currency necessary to start the vision. I'm just sooooo over that loop of overworld chores it hurts (for that loop: I would so much rather have a bunch of reps where I can only really work on one rep at a time, and it takes me longer to max them all so I can do the ones that I need or interest me first then pick up the others as playtime allows, than have this indistinguishable 3-day-rotation of "Do chores get rep for everyone at around the same pace all expansion long, with no actual end or accomplishment point" but thats a separate discussion). By tying it to something I hate doing I get my interest in doing visions further reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I've gotten it down to about an hour on even a shitty geared character. The only hangup is if it's towards the end of the week and no one is doing objectives in the Assaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Wouldn't really be surprising that Visions & the cloak are systems that are not being picked up, by the general playerbase, as much as Blizzard would hope to.

It seems to be quite the divisive topic, when it comes to discussions regarding interest and enjoyment, even when ignoring the quality aspect of said feature.

These sort of systems should be one of many things that Activision-Blizzard should be able to provide for the playerbase, in these sort of patches, as opposed to being the major, or even the only, new thing to do.
    Totally agree. And i add the folliwing: IF you do this Type of Things, dont couple/Link it with gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    People still do Lfr?, I stopped doing Lfr midway through Legion because the experience is mostly mind numbingly boring and not even worth the time to get mediocre gear that you can get from some other less boring path.

Not unlike the legendary cloak quest chain which is also mind numbingly boring and I would not blame anybody that decided not to do it on an alt.
    LFR is all that you say, but if you just want to see the bosses, it’s a good thing if you don’t have time to join a pug. It’s also really good for players who only want that kind of gameplay; I saw the boss, I killed it, what’s next?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The quest does not take 2-3 hours to complete after the first run through. It may take that long for a person that isn't as efficient as they could be the first time through. It isn't living in a fantasy world. There are skips so you only have to do blackrock and the vision halls of origination parts. The rest is just travel around the world.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."