Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you know of a WoW-forum where people are actually positive about the game?

I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.

If someone plays 24/7, they shouldn't need everything handed to them, they play all the damn time! lol

And I don't, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    So you're looking for an echo chamber? If the game was good people wouldn't be complaining, btw most of the people on forums are barely 10 % of the active playerbase and only the more dedicated or trolly/crazy people post on forums anyway.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

...I'm sorry, what was the point of this post?
    "Hey, video game forum. Does anybody know of a better video game forum?"
    If we did, why would we be on this forum?

Yeah its called mmo-champion.com you should try posting there instead of here.

Probably Official Bnet forums, don't you need an active subscription to post there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, forums like these tend to draw in the 'reeee wow sux' types, the ones who flail about on the floor whenever the game isn't what they think it should be.

If there's a forum devoid of such whiners, I am not aware of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Probably Official Bnet forums, don't you need an active subscription to post there?
    ICYMI... official forums are arguably worse than this one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Tell me too if you find one.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk why you guys try making your inability to be a grown adult and ignore things you don't like seeing seem like everyone else's problem.

Its not lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

You could apply for a job at blizzard and look for an echo chamber there but honestly i think the devs are just as pissed off at the current state of wow as the players are.

As a self-styled shill, even I wouldn't want to only go to a place where people blindly praise the game. But MMOC and Reddit is a place where people race to have the most smartass comment or thread topic.
    Your best bet would be discord servers or wow communities that're hyper focused on a certain thing, like perky pugs.

You mean people with "Horde" tattoos wearing "Blizzard" glitter on their face? I think that ship sailed long ago.

Few loyalists still remaining, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some Facebook groups for WoW (if you can tolerate FB). Some of them are pretty sizable. Much bigger than here for instance. Depending on how they are run they tend to be more positive than most forums. World of Warcraft 35 and Over has about 10,000 members. If you are a lot older then 55 and over group has about 1800 members and is very laid back. If you have questions they'll get answered. There is some trolling from time-to-time but it's usually pretty short-lived. FB groups are a little like guilds. You may need to try more than 1 before you find the one that fits you. They are also pretty variable in quality ranging from silly stuff to some groups that are pretty helpful, support their own guilds and communities, etc. There's not a lot of blind praising of the game, just people socializing and talking about what they're doing, answering questions, etc. Neither is there a lot of overly hostile shit that you see here and elsewhere. For the most part, if the only reason you joined is to create drama, you'll be out on your ass pretty quickly.

As always, your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Discords are a lot the same way if you can find one that fits your requirements. My only complaint with discords is that you can miss a lot due to the nature of the thing.

EDIT: Icy Veins runs some forums and they seem to be pretty locked down against drama. They're not really overly busy but the site on the whole has matured pretty well. It's still mostly an information site but there are forums there. I find Reddit now really worth the time any longer. At the very least I never see anything there that I can't see on the News posts here or that people are discussing elsewhere. I don't go to Reddit any longer unless someone interesting is doing an AMA.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-29 at 08:32 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not how forums work.

7+ Year Old Account
    So something you learn in the industry of service and providing is that.

When people like what they got, they are 10 times less likely to say something to anyone
    then when they get something they dislike.

If you have 20 meals, 10 are good, 10 are bad. You will make it clear to speak to the chef only once about good food, but will complain every single time its bad.
    of course this is different person to person, but on average, the emotions and power of anger and sadness are much more powerful then happiness or enjoyment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    As a self-styled shill, even I wouldn't want to only go to a place where people blindly praise the game. But MMOC and Reddit is a place where people race to have the most smartass comment or thread topic.
    Your best bet would be discord servers or wow communities that're hyper focused on a certain thing, like perky pugs.
    Oh hi mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    So you're looking for an echo chamber? If the game was good people wouldn't be complaining, btw most of the people on forums are barely 10 % of the active playerbase and only the more dedicated or trolly/crazy people post on forums anyway.
    So if the game was good, people wouldn't be complaining. But you also state that the people who frequent forums are a minority (which is true, we all know that). If people are complaining, how come only the minority do?

Perhaps. Perhaps because most people who don't like the game quits. Which is logical. Then the rest finds the game enjoyable or mediocre. That leaves the minority who frequent this "fan"site.
    Hi

Official forums I suppose, as you need an active sub. I guess people who are currently playing the game should like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The subreddit is pretty positive most of the time. If you don't mind the fact that it's turned into a giant art circlejerk, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So if the game was good, people wouldn't be complaining. But you also state that the people who frequent forums are a minority (which is true, we all know that). If people are complaining, how come only the minority do?

Perhaps. Perhaps because most people who don't like the game quits. Which is logical. Then the rest finds the game enjoyable or mediocre. That leaves the minority who frequent this "fan"site.
    Because the majority of every demographic is dumb as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    If the game was good people wouldn't be complaining
    you cant seriously mean that
    people will complain no matter what, and always have, since vanila, there were complains about every fucking aspect of the game, and there are also complains about shadowlands and things about it that we still have no clue about, and i have also seen people complaining about expansion after shadowlands already...

so no, even if WoW was perfect (which is impossible since people have different views), people would complain