Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Facebook groups for WoW, Icy Veins
    Thanks, sounds like some good suggestions. I've been part of one Facebook group like that for a while now and I have to agree: little drama and most members seem like actually really nice people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Learn german, our forums seem to be okay or at least try to make some rational arguments instead of stupid whining/hating.
    Coming from Austria I have no problem with that suggestion. Funny fact: I've actually never tried a german forum in the last years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well i think Taliesin and Evitels Discord is pretty positive
    Haven't been a fan of discord so far, but I'll look into it, thanks!

You won't find that place in the internet, sorry. Internet is for whiny people to whine. It doesn't matter if the game did 99% of everything perfectly, people would still whine about that 1% more than praise that 99%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Considering that the best thing I have read about BfA is "it's not as bad as WoD" I say that the complaining is pretty fucking justified
    which doesnt go against my point at all? im not sure what you wanted to say here
    during WotLK people complained despite game being most popular in its history, and its still considered best expansion by a lot of people...

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    How can someone be positive when:
    It's easy, I don't care too much about that. If they said one thing years ago and change their mind because it's in their mind better for the game, let them try it. I'm not someone who cares for min-maxing. It just isn't why I'm playing the game, I just want to feel immersed in the world and have fun talking and playing with people. No matter if one item does 40% more damage than another one.

Maybe I'm just too old to care about such things, I learned that there are other things which are more important to me and my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    ICYMI... official forums are arguably worse than this one.
    Depends on how you see it, really. I'd say the official forums are more civil because you're more likely to get banned there.

And, like, banned forever. Getting a permaban here is... Well I've heard it's happened but I've never seen it, y'know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    There is no such thing. Forums already are made up of the most hardcore/ dedicated WoW players - so naturally passions run high. And we rarely voice when we're happy with something, because we're too busy consuming that product. When we're mad however, well all we can do is talk about it.

It's important to remember, even if there are dozens of people on MMOchamp bashing WoW, how many millions are playing the game happily unaware this site even exists
    This ^^

I've seen a bunch of positive threads on the official forums, however. Or if you're into lore try Scrolls of Lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Probably Official Bnet forums, don't you need an active subscription to post there?
    I post there and here, always honestly so no it won't always be positive lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Depends on how you see it, really. I'd say the official forums are more civil because you're more likely to get banned there.

And, like, banned forever. Getting a permaban here is... Well I've heard it's happened but I've never seen it, y'know?
    It has more to do with the fact that you need an active sub to write there.
    Hobby-haters don't have access there if they aren't paying 12 bucks a month x)

Hm, maybe discord servers of wow/classes? I don't know really. Forums seems they will never be positive honestly.

If i enjoy the game the way i play it currently and search for like minded players to enjoy it more what's wrong with that?
    Also not like mmoc is also a echo chamber xD

For example i find the consensus in this forum compared to the german forums compared to NA cesspool forums and compared to reddit interestingly different, why could that be?
    You can be coming up with roundabout excuses as much as you want, the fact is, WoW subs are droping. People vote with their money. Not but the most rabid of followers are ready to pay for this half-assed product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Thanks, sounds like some good suggestions. I've been part of one Facebook group like that for a while now and I have to agree: little drama and most members seem like actually really nice people.
    You're welcome. I figured you could use a real answer instead of all the cynical BS that people are pushing. Echo chambers suck.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It has more to do with the fact that you need an active sub to write there.
    Hobby-haters don't have access there if they aren't paying 12 bucks a month x)
    I don't think that's true anymore. I've seen people posting and claiming they're doing it with a trial account.

Reddit's official WoW forum is generally positive though it is susceptible to "account wide essences"-esque circlejerking. If you have a vaguely controversial opinion that is against the hivemind, you'll get downvoted so be careful and go with the flow of conversation.

Honestly, of all the fan run places out there this forum is the one where I feel most at ease sharing controversial opinions. I generally view the game in a positive light because I enjoy the entertain it provides me and is handily worth the $15/mo I spend on it. That doesn't mean I think the game is in the best shape it's ever been or that I don't feel BfA as a whole hasn't been a bit of a dud, just that I feel satisfied with the product and I don't really see the purpose of feeding into negativity echo chambers so I can get empty, meaningless internet high fives from total strangers.

YMMV of course but I think positivity and open-mindedness are a byproduct of your individual feelings. You may rustle some jimmies around here if you have a particularly unruly opinion but if you don't mind the occasional heated debate (and can refrain from flaming) this is a pretty fun place to hang out.

People Happy with the game dont post on forums, so guild, class and community discords are your best bet

Best place to go is a established in game community with people only concerned about progressing. Though even there they complain about corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Try https://www.reddit.com/r/wowcirclejerk/

It's more serious and level-headed than every single other popular wow forum.
    You're not even wrong. Biting, over-the-top sarcasm can be strangely cathartic when the game is in the shape it's in.

Reddit for sure. It's all rainbow and sunshine over there. MooChamp is a pretty sunny place too btw, lots of FBs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Look at the little WoW fanboy/girl needing his/her safe space from the evil meanies criticizing the game.

WoW sucks, deal with it.
    Moooooooooooooom there are fans on the fansite! Make them go away!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    You can try Reddit, where every criticism, however mild, is downvoted into oblivion by the same ~20 folks or so, not to mention the joke that is moderation there. Or even better, the official boards, where trolling is allowed to run rampant, while sound, well articulated criticism gets your posts summarily deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Try https://www.reddit.com/r/wowcirclejerk/

It's more serious and level-headed than every single other popular wow forum.
    Well, at least they seem to be having fun there.