Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone remember how it was said "It won't happen!" about Classic servers? I remember, I used to think so.
    Now that Classic servers are here and there's literally a separate team working on it, I would not be so swift to say definitively that Classic+ won't happen.

Sure, there is the Ion statement that Live is the place for a changing world and new content, but even if Classic can retain 200k players, that might be enough incentive to create some new stuff. Likely on entirely separate servers though, to appease the people truly wanting to run Naxx 5000 times.

Or, they'll just do TBC servers. Or, they'll not release more legacy servers at all. At this point in time, they haven't said boo about anything beyond the finalization of Classic's release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    because lets be real classic is the only thing keeping wow subs afloat right now.
    Citation please.

Don't worry, I know for a fact that you can't provide one.

Considering Retail's many more servers (a Full Retail server has more players than a full Classic one) and the marginal changes in the server rankings across regions, I'd say this just boils down to the usual Classic tooting.

Also, WoW token + Store. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-29 at 02:08 AM.

P2W comes to WoW Classic.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Classic+ would only be good if they made all classes viable and good for raiding in their own way. The community meta and old mentality is harsh towards the hybrid specs so that would be a breath of fresh air if they made the other classes a bit better and added a few quality of life improvements. Call it classic+ sure, leave the old boomers on Classic forever then keep going forward with Classic+ because lets be real classic is the only thing keeping wow subs afloat right now.
    Lol the handful of people still circlejerking on classic are a drop in the sub bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "I want my meaningful journey through Azeroth back"

*Levels to 60 in about 4-5 Days now and complains about not having enough Endgame*

Are some of these people insane? Or?
    wait until aq40 and naxxramass be there in classic, you'll see those people complaining they are freaking too hard :P

Zul gurub gets released

2 hours later

And it’s cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    wait until aq40 and naxxramass be there in classic, you'll see those people complaining they are freaking too hard :P
    Inb4 they're both completed in 40 minutes.

Hopefully the plague known as rankers stay in the holday bg's so the rest of us can have some fun in the others, even with less honor gains

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    seriously doubtful. Naxx and AQ40 will be full cleared within hours of release just like all the rest.
    i talk about the majority of people who are not in elite guild, you know ? the casuals who cry about everything ? =P

- - - Updated - - -

remove the 1% who are in elite group to see if this is clean easily :P

Zul'Gurub was never a challenging raid (I remember Jin'do and Mandokir causing the most trouble) but it was still a very fun raid nonetheless. I always liked the setting of raiding a jungle forest city who used to be one of the most dominant forces on Azeroth. I really like the layout aswell where you can go where ever you wanted, but it was also packed with thrash on every corner. This is a raid that actually feels like a city rather than just walking straight into corridors and hallways like most new raids have.

And who cares how fast this raid is cleared? I don't get the appeal of only wanting challenging content, WoW has never even been a challenging game in the first place. It just requires a lot of time investment doing grinds that few people want to commit to. I still liked raiding Naxx in WotLK and I admit that this raid is severely undertuned, still didn't stop me from liking it. But since the forums is more for the supposedly hardcore crowd, I bet that I'm not the one in the minority in this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And who cares how fast this raid is cleared? I don't get the appeal of only wanting challenging content, WoW has never even been a challenging game in the first place. It just requires a lot of time investment doing grinds that few people want to commit to. I still liked raiding Naxx in WotLK and I admit that this raid is severely undertuned, still didn't stop me from liking it. But since the forums is more for the supposedly hardcore crowd, I bet that I'm not the one in the minority in this.
    So many people here make it sound like the only way to have fun in this game is to wipe months in every damn raid. Of course the content is easy, it's 15 years old. It's not hard content that makes Classic the game it is.

I can't wait til Fire Mage is playable in End Game PvE raids
    Soon Frostbolt Spam will be over, friends.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    P2W comes to WoW Classic.
    Learn to Read.

Tokens are in China only

AQ40 takes 10 minutes just to get to C'thun from the zone-in, just travel time.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Learn to Read.

Tokens are in China only
    *Today.

You'd have to be naive AF to think they aren't going to be coming out worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    i talk about the majority of people who are not in elite guild, you know ? the casuals who cry about everything ? =P

- - - Updated - - -

remove the 1% who are in elite group to see if this is clean easily :P
    Most of the "casual" guilds will just complete it in a matter of days anyway. Not like it matters tbh. Most casual guilds take longer to complete raids in retail than they do classic.

Or, if you're in Asmongold's or Savix's raid teams, you'll likely argue and act like complete douches the entire raid, thus making the raid harder than it needs to be.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, seriously bro, do you see some of these classic raid teams? Like, wtf man...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say its the ''hardcore'' crowd that does about 9/10 of the whining in WoW, both in retail and in classic.
    You talk like there is only 2 groups in WoW, the casual and the Hardcore. That is so way off.

You could probably cathegorize wow players in hundreds of groups. The most hardcore people are not the ones whining, they know the content is easy, why would they complain?

The ones complaining, are those who thought the content would be super hard, and realized that it was not. A few of those are comparing it to private servers, cause it was much harder on the privates. And im one of those as well, im not complaining about it though, but i must say i was slightly dissapointed, when the general damage in BWL was maybe 1/3 of the damage that happened on privates.
    But i think the biggest crowd of complainers, are people who did not play privates, but remember the game from back in vanilla, which means that their memories are from when the content was current, and not with the 1.12 talents and itemization, which is a pretty big deal.

When that is said, the average raider does struggle in BWL, and it will get worse in AQ and Naxx, when we get content that the current output of the classes are balanced for.
    When that is said, the top players will not have issues with none of the raids, and will clear them super fast, cause they know how to deal with everything that the game throws at them, and they are not the group of players we should look at to determine the actual difficulty of Classic. We should look at the average players.

seriously doubtful. Naxx and AQ40 will be full cleared within hours of release just like all the rest.
    Yeah not gonna happen.

Even on private Servers, Naxx can be cleared in 1h 8m.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    *Today.

You'd have to be naive AF to think they aren't going to be coming out worldwide.
    What about the other store stuff on the china site that would sell like hot cakes if they came to the west but didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    *Today.

Exactly this was said about Tyrael's Charger being made a store mount over there rather than an Annual Pass mount.

Never happened.

China is a different market, they have a ton of differences in store items and monetization solutions from EU/US, and none have made it to the West.

So no, it's not naive to think it won't happen. It's actually logical considering history and the pattern already in place. Thinking it will happen on the other hand, is wholly emotional.

I think the PTR is nice, we speedrun ZG yesterday on PTR. Managed to clear it in 45 min.

We are a bunch of casuals just having fun but speedrunning content in classic is fun
    I think that next week we might be able to clear it in under 40 min with some more fine tuning. I know this isnt fast compared to the top guilds who clears it under 25 min.