Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well exactly it's 10x of that or maybe less usually, which is exactly what i was saying with Dota example.. Dota had 1.25m concurrent players and ~11m monthly players.. but it's DotA which is a completely different game from WoW. I explained how WoW playing session usually last longer so the number of concurrent players with 12m subs was definitely higher than 1.25m. And it was 10 years ago. At the time WoW didn't have that many competing games..

As for MW2 you're greatly exaggerating the number of players that were playing it.. Activision reported that they had 8m players playing it in the first 5 days after launch.. i bet WoW also had peaks of having number that is close to this during expansion launches
    Mw2 sold over 20 million copies. It had as many people per console as WoW had total players

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    I never said Wrath wasn't good, i just said that Wrath made first steps towards WoW's downfall.. because it was just first steps it didn't matter that much at the time

oh and i didn't say WoW should be niche, it never was and will never be..
    You say MMO should not shot for as wide audience as possible. Maybe i missundertood you then.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Mw2 sold over 20 million copies. It had as many people per console as WoW had total players
    sold copies isn't the same as concurrent players or monthly players

WoW had over 100m accounts years ago..

Currently here is what it will take for me to resub to WoW: both New World and Blue Protocols turn out to be bad and not worth playing.

Purge the E-sports mindset.

8.2 patched a lot of the problems with BFA, and 8.3 with the horrific visions seems like it'll keep me invested for at least a few months. We'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    BFA to not exist.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

The irony is that I really want to play WOW. But the story made character feel like a villian their own story. I just wasn't enjoying it.

At one point I would have said that Blizzard had to stop with the villian bat and otherwise ignoring them when it came to non-faction war content. But it has become clear to me the Blizzard has nothing else to offer Horde players.

So my current guess is that this fall (BfA is a total write-off) I may switch to Alliance and try it again. Probably. If that works good. If not, then I guess I'm an Elder Scrolls Online player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently subbed but if I run out of stuff to do / feel like I'm being artificially hampered before flying is unlocked in shadowlands I will be unsubbing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Reposting from the other thread, since it got closed.

In order of importance:

• Good stories. When you have some half baked ideas haphazardly put together, with iconic characters such as Azshara or N'Zoth hastily thrown over in order to try (and fail) to conceal the lack of overall narrative direction, it's hard to care about your character.
    • Simpler gear. Seriously, there was nothing wrong with the BC/WotLK type of gear. I don't understand why we need such convoluted, grindy systems like AP, RNGforging or the incoming "talent trees" from Covenants.
    • Unpruned classes. And by that, I don't mean something (I don't like the word, but I'll use it by lack of something better) lazy, like e.g. "see Mage players, we gave you Frostbolt and Dampen Magic back, we just unpruned you guys! ".
    • Professions. Other than Alchemy and (to a lesser extent) Enchanting, the rest of the production professions are pretty much useless. By the time you have gathered the mats needed to craft something minimally decent, you have probably got a couple of nice drops from the raid or M+ already, unless you are EXTREMELY unlucky. Even then, crafted stuff isn't really something to write home about.

My $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

@Kallisto
    The hybrids were inferior specs that hindered those around you making them carry your lazy fucking asses where if they actually grew a spine they'd laugh at you and tell you to fuck off until you fix your spec.
    None of the specs i posted are useless.

Low level dungeon farm
    Full avoidance for solo leveling
    Seal of Fate
    Daggers PvE
    Swords PvE
    cold blood hemo
    imp sprint backstab
    Daggers PvP
    Swords & Maces PvP (almost the same so i put this one in same category)
    Improved Poisons PvP
    Mind telling me which one is useless?
    Probably the one im using (improved poisons) because i came up with it
    The rest? All good specs.

Make the game fun again, not a job

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently finishing the grind for Azeroth's Champion and trying to farm up a brutasaur (and have some spare gold afterwords ofc).

My current sub runs out in may, and I don't plan to renew it till the pre-patch, I did so every xpack so far.

I don't hate the game or anything, I just take a brake when I do everything I wanted to do in a xpack.

class design sucks
    I think the scaling is garbage

but those aside I might still give the game a-go again if they brought back ranged survial hunters. (may not stick with it, but after the crap months I tried in BFA it would have to have improved a lot of things to make me want to stay.)