Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    I really only expect what they showed last year at blizzcon, not more or less. Allied races will probably stay untouched in regards to this topic. But alas, one can hope...
    Well they did say Old Races. I think we are going to get lucky if Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren get something. Worgen need the most work. It's bullshit that human and worgen forms can't be customized separately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Something me and my friends are hoping for is to get UNDEAD.... with straight backs,,, just like ORCs.... look at the guards in Dazar'alor... those undead look amazing
    How about undead of different races?

I want to say Humans like Tandred (on my avatar), Katherine and Jaina. But I won't say it because it's a hope, not an expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What I’m expecting? I’m expecting to be asked if I like chocolate a lot when I’m in Silvermoon on a RP server.

What I want? New Hairs and faces, explanations for why some Humans/Dwarves/Elves are Black/Asian and for the latter why we’ve never seen any of them before now (Not happening, world building doesn’t exist in WoW anymore). Some actual beards for blood elf males would potentially make me play one. Blue eyes for Blood Elves would be nice too. Tattoos and scars wouldn’t go amiss.

I imagine white humans won’t get much customisation sadly, but hey at least you can probably make bob ross with one of the dozens of afros they’re probably adding, so that’s a plus.

Don’t really care about the other races any more.
    Bitterly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    this definitely needs to happen.

elves at the very least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they did say Old Races. I think we are going to get lucky if Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren get something. Worgen need the most work. It's bullshit that human and worgen forms can't be customized separately.

- - - Updated - - -

In my mind and my hopes is that after shadowlands, we will get a 3rd faction in NOrthrend with every undead race (from horde and alliance) ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

I doubt it'll happen but I'd love it if allied races could get at least -some- of their parent race's hairstyles since they're looking at racial customizations.

Nightborne and Mag'har especially, they'd look so good with the tomboy haircuts from their respective parents.

5+ Year Old Account
    In my mind and my hopes is that after shadowlands, we will get a 3rd faction in NOrthrend with every undead race (from horde and alliance) ^^
    Well it probably wouldn't work with all the races, but we could maybe have a zombie faction.

I mostly want different body types. Say if you want to play a wide, heavy set character you have to be a Kul Tiran or Pandaren. In the same vein I recently made a Worgen mage and it just feels silly how ripped the males are when the most they do is wave their hands. We see those slim Kul Tiran npcs walking around, lets get something like that for everyone someday please.

This is too tall an order I know, but I'd also love something to customize your action animations. I can't count how many times I loved a race but when they started fighting or casting I was just like 'Wtf are they doing. Stop.' like I think the fem Pandaren are adorable but I could never tolerate thier melee animations outside of monk. So, perhaps a system could be put into place where you could pick from a small handful of animations for certain actions ranging from down to earth to goofy. Now that I think of it ESO has something sort of like that in place for idle animations.

Other than that I want the posture thing orcs have for everyone that slouches. Stand up straight damn it, though if the males tend to slouch let the females do it too.

15+ Year Old Account
    New customization options? Am I missing something?
    Anyway, the question is moot, everyone has seen stuff like EVE online or Sims or hundreds of other character creators which actually allow you to make something really detailed and unique. WoW could and should be close to this.

Worgen need the most work. It's bullshit that human and worgen forms can't be customized separately.
    I was content with them being linked, as long as there was some cohesion (Like, worgen eyes being the same color as human eyes). But the new glowless eyes broke it (you get amber worgen eyes paired with green human eyes and blue worgen eyes with brown human eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Agree with your whole post, but this part here is what I'd like to comment on. They really need to do this. It so annoys me on my tauren that having a nose ring or not, and its style, is locked alongside a certain beard and/or braid style. I should be able to pick my ring, beard, and braids separately.
    Like I said, I was content with what we had... But it was ten years ago. Now things have evolved. The WoD model update made us lose some personalities in the faces, for flexibility in animation. Chosing a face over another means a lot less, so we need more possibilities in custom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    New customization options? Am I missing something?
    Anyway, the question is moot, everyone has seen stuff like EVE online or Sims or hundreds of other character creators which actually allow you to make something really detailed and unique. WoW could and should be close to this.
    They talked about this a lot at Blizzcon, they want to add things like tattoos, scars, more hair options.

OT: So about Blood Elves, can ALL faces have green and gold eye options? Instead of only 3 with golden eyes.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it probably wouldn't work with all the races, but we could maybe have a zombie faction.
    yeah, just think about it!!!

and finally we could have a faction that is more evil and keep the horde with its balance and the alliance doing their thing... insted of like in BFA, where the horde where the bad guys and the alliance where the good guys
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool if the human form for worgen could be customized independently of the wolf form. Also I want to see male night elves and gnomes have eyebrows regardless of their choice of facial hair .

5+ Year Old Account
    yeah, just think about it!!!

and finally we could have a faction that is more evil and keep the horde with its balance and the alliance doing their thing... insted of like in BFA, where the horde where the bad guys and the alliance where the good guys
    Yes. An evil faction that is honest about being evil. And with three factions, we could have more interesting story dynamics and 3 way battlegrounds. You know what? Give us maybe 3 undead races, naga and mogu and you have a bad guy faction people would love to join.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing changed... still this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Well... technically... at this stage, they can already work towards (since there're "differences" between faces and other things now) to add classic-like geometry (size, shape, color for body/face/hair) and animations (pose/posture, running and other basic animations) in a way of customization. That is, to gradually add “customisation” elements, which will make it possible to turn new models into maximum likeness of old ones without losing what they have already worked on top at the moment. I understand that prospect is still illusive, but "a man can dream".

At the moment, no matter how many customizations within same geometry and animation framework they add, I just can't accept it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad that they have come down to this direction in general, I appreciate time spent, I'm happy for others and for their hype, etc., but... for me it remains different, not what I needed
    ...On my own behalf, won't be lazy to add about need for returning of old models of basic races as customization choice (well, or! they have really talented artists, which can either bring new models in harmony with old ones (which, in theory, will require their complete processing, because they basically have nothing in common with each other), or finally provide exactly their (old) more modern equivalents), but they are kept in some casemates and don't really give them anything to do, and all work goes on open source to worthless mediocre amateurs). They may not even expect my emergence there without this, just as starting with WoD. If I'll want to play heroes from Shrek universe, I'll buy myself a console
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-11-05 at 08:38 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. An evil faction that is honest about being evil. And with three factions, we could have more interesting story dynamics and 3 way battlegrounds. You know what? Give us maybe 3 undead races, naga and mogu and you have a bad guy faction people would love to join.
    The trouble with three factions is that it means significantly more content needs to be developed in terms of questing, cities, mounts, and so on. Not 50% more, because a lot of content is shared, but even if it's 10% more, total, that's a HUGE amount content, and means you need more than 10% larger art, design and QA teams (because most of the weight falls on them).

It also means, based on previous three-faction games where races are locked to factions permanently (barring a faction change), one of those three is likely to have a drastically smaller population than the others. If we had say, Alliance, Horde, and Cool Baddies as you propose, one of those is almost certainly going to lose out hardcore. Like, 17% of the total population or something. My guess it would be Horde, because "Cool Baddies" has the highest overlap with their current setup.

Until queues for dungeons, grouping for raids (non-LFR), and so on go factionless, too, it means longer queues, a harder time for people to get raid groups together, and so on. This was very noticeable on three-faction Dark Age of Camelot back in the day - playing Hibernia (the least popular faction on most servers) meant it was drastically harder to get people together for raids or even leveling (was a group activity back then).

I'm not saying this to be mean. DAoC was my favourite MMO, and still is, and was three-faction. But there are biiiiiig disadvantages.

I know it won't happen but I want Velen like slimmer male Draenei

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Genuine brunette hair for human females...
    Actually... they had in some way more or less black hair, but it disappeared after changes, apparently in view of authors' special form of color blindness.
    how it was possible to get brown hair from "black with purple"? What degree of color blindness this should be to make such mistake.
    ps. Friend's pictures.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    couldn't remember her name till just now, natalie dormer. this cut.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...downsize=360:*
    that undercut shit is so 2014 I'm tired of seeing it in video games

Didn't Ion already say Allied Races weren't going to get any extra Customization beyond the eye color being separated from the face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Didn't Ion already say Allied Races weren't going to get any extra Customization beyond the eye color being separated from the face?
    That's pretty disappointing to hear. It still makes no sense to me that the races which you have to put in effort into unlocking have fewer customziation options and are just generally less polished than the default ones.