Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    So you're saying if the game had 11M subs, you'd be totally happy and thoroughly entertained?
    Man, don't you think that kinda strange?
    Oh looks like we got another bright person in the thread.

Let me break it down in simple terms to you.
    If a product is good, it is sought after.
    Now be careful, I know this is hard for you and makes your head spin, but try to stay focused and answer:
    What can you tell me about a product, that is loosing its popularity over time?

Replying to your question directly: high sub numbers mean game is good. There is a big chance I will enjoy it yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I finished arguing with you when you said game quality does not correlate with subs numbers.
    If you consider people giving up on you after you piss yourself because you know no better 'winning' an argument, then whatever, you won an argument. Congratulations!
    Please point out where i said that.
    Of course that is a factor, but compared to the other factors it isn't as big as you think, that's what im getting at.

Sub numbers aren't in a vacuum and only correlate to game quality, there is so much more behind it, if Blizzard would launch an expansion that could objectively hold up to wotlk (even though thats hard to measure) the subs wouldn't suddenly go back to 10+ million.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Let's see
    Space Goats
    HFP being a total clogged shitfest on release
    Gruul, Maghteridon abilities working half the time and raids being bugged in general
    Moving to 1 Battle 1 Guardian Elixir system aka casualising consumables
    Blacksmithing weapons destroying PvP

So all in all every expansion had some massive online shitstorm associated with it.
    You are probably 100% right about this, though as someone who mainly got into the game in TBC I think I was in that stage of "its all new to me" (a gloss that tends to last through the first expansion for everyone) which means you see things a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looking for positivity on the internet is a fools errand in itself lol.

Want positivity I would suggest having friends who like what you do and talk about it with them... you know, like how we did before the internet... good times

Of all those things I consider the highlighted a positive lol. Professions need to have more benefits again. Tailoring/LW/BS should have a slight edge over the average gear. But they should also be a bitch to get mats for. I remember farming Elemental Plateau for the mats for Stormherald and its previous downgrades, for all that hard work it felt satisfying to have. So damn right it should be wrecking people considering all the hassle it took to make it lol

TBC professions were professions at their peak of awesome.
    Let's not forget that those crafts required BoP mats from a raid. They were added to badges only in 2.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy-veins.com seems better
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Please point out where i said that.
    Of course that is a factor, but compared to the other factors it isn't as big as you think, that's what im getting at.

Sub numbers aren't in a vacuum and only correlate to game quality, there is so much more behind it, if Blizzard would launch an expansion that could objectively hold up to wotlk (even though thats hard to measure) the subs wouldn't suddenly go back to 10+ million.
    You are desperate for that lesson in common sense arent you?

Okay, allow me to use the nature metaphor.

A plant's growth is influenced by many factors. Seeds, soil, precipitation, winds, etc. But there is one thing it cant grow without. The energy source. The sun. The lamp, etc.

Are you with me? Do you know what I am getting at?

I am getting at the fact, that quality of game (game design in general) most definitely the deciding factor for long term player base.

Another point I want to try and drive through to some of our less gifted members of society: it is important to isolate the crucial factors if we are to analyze anything at all.

Double digit IQ people would keep mixing in all kinds of factors from industry decline to their fucking virginity. It is not helpful. The world would be impossible to analyze if it was up to them.

So start seeing a forest and not a fucking single tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm sick of all the posts where people want everything handed to them just because they play 24/7. I don't care if it's a forum with only 100 active people, just some place where I can chat with likeminded people who don't take gearing too serious.
    Is this a joke? Mmo champ is the most pro retail forum on the web

You won’t find a better echo chamber for the pro retail crowd

You are desperate for that lesson in common sense arent you?

Okay, allow me to use the nature metaphor.

A plant's growth is influenced by many factors. Seeds, soil, precipitation, winds, etc. But there is one thing it cant grow without. The energy source. The sun. The lamp, etc.

Are you with me? Do you know what I am getting at?

I am getting at the fact, that quality of game (game design in general) most definitely the deciding factor for long term player base.

Another point I want to try and drive through to some of our less gifted members of society: it is important to isolate the crucial factors if we are to analyze anything at all.

Double digit IQ people would keep mixing in all kinds of factors from industry decline to their fucking virginity. It is not helpful. The world would be impossible to analyze if it was up to them.

So start seeing a forest and not a fucking single tree.
    I won't get into your condescending manners however using your metaphor if you need to argue on that level: the sun still shines bright but the other factors are out of favor, that's why the plant still survived after 15years but can't and never will grow back to it's record reached size.

This just feels like a treadmill and you aren't even getting into my points, it's still possible to play and enjoy this game to it's fullest depending on how you play (you think roleplayers care about the progression-fiasco?) and wanting a community to share the enjoyment isn't futile or in any way bad by the OP.

Btw. if you want to get into analyzing, why is actiblizz going so strong despite your doomsaying? maybe subs aren't the only metric of success overall?

You can find a good amount of positivity on this forum if you turn back time to abooout 10+ years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Let's not forget that those crafts required BoP mats from a raid. They were added to badges only in 2.4
    totally forgot about that... The Primal Nether was it? Man that takes me back :S

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I won't get into your condescending manners however using your metaphor if you need to argue on that level: the sun still shines bright but the other factors are out of favor, that's why the plant still survived after 15years but can't and never will grow back to it's record reached size.

This just feels like a treadmill and you aren't even getting into my points, it's still possible to play and enjoy this game to it's fullest depending on how you play (you think roleplayers care about the progression-fiasco?) and wanting a community to share the enjoyment isn't futile or in any way bad by the OP.

Btw. if you want to get into analyzing, why is actiblizz going so strong despite your doomsaying? maybe subs aren't the only metric of success overall?
    Okay I have finally found that which will checkmate you out of all pointless wishful make believe arguments. Final Fanatsy XIV. How many millions? About 14. And your biggest argument about 'oh no the industry in decline' falls flat right on its retarded lamebrain face.

If you have read my posts at all I never claimed it was impossible to enjoy the game. There are after all people that in all seriousness enjoy being hit and peed on, ofcourse some people would enjoy WoW no matter what.

My point has always been - the game is objectively getting worse and worse and the chances of op finding a happy echo chamber are minimal. And him even seeking such chamber shows his complete ignorance of the real picture.

I am not going to analyze actiblizzard, definitely not for free and not to a person who keeps trying to persuade me that game quality iS nOT thAT bIg A faCtOr..

Whats positive about the game?

I found one positive thing that really made me laugh.

The thing from beyond coming out of greedy corrupted players that kills them in the middle of an arena fight, that they were supposed to win.

Thats really comedy gold and redeems the entire expansion.

After reading some of this thread I think this is the place to come for unsubstantiated facts and studies...

Okay I have finally found that which will checkmate you out of all pointless wishful make believe arguments. Final Fanatsy XIV. How many millions? About 14.
    I regret trying to argue with you.
    I will now stop wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    So you're looking for an echo chamber? If the game was good people wouldn't be complaining, btw most of the people on forums are barely 10 % of the active playerbase and only the more dedicated or trolly/crazy people post on forums anyway.
    So which one are you?

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Or pro classic crowd!
    Or pro pserver crowd!
    Or pro roleplayers!

In fact, every crowd is here, shouting at the top of their lungs about how absolutely wrong everyone else is!
    Compared to every other forum, this is by far, the most pro retail crowd and site.

Not knocking them for it, but knocking the OP for his fantasy of the ideal forum of yes men

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The OP might be silly, but your statement is a better argument for the OP than it is one against it with the amount of people that don't play the game that post here.

People don't come here to post unhelpful, irrelevant, and excessively negative shit on every thread in your world I guess. Either that or it's you that posts it.
    Who says you aren't allowed to discuss a game you're not playing? If you don't like the game you absolutely should not play it, that's basic sense. But clearly if you're not playing but still actively participating in discussion surrounding it, you care about the game and want it to be better according to your beliefs.

Obviously people do stir up shit for reactions, but I ignore those posts without having to complain about it or make threads about it. That's what most adults not looking for validation do.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The fact that so many people are negative about the game says quite a lot about the game, doesn't it?
    So many? Where do you see that many? I see it as droplet in a sea.

Lets be honest, if there are even 1000 people on forum hating game, that is still not even 1% as total players count is over 1 000 000
    So in best case that is like 0.1% people.

The AH revamp was very good.

See? Positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Sadly, forums like these tend to draw in the 'reeee wow sux' types, the ones who flail about on the floor whenever the game isn't what they think it should be.

If there's a forum devoid of such whiners, I am not aware of it.

- - - Updated - - -

ICYMI... official forums are arguably worse than this one.
    That might be a valid point, if the game wasn't hemorrhaging subscribers with the exception of Classic keeping it afloat.

Clearly something is majorly wrong with the design philosophy of the game.