10+ Year Old Account
    so u can exchange your starter ship (in my case its mustang) for any other minus the price of the starter ship. can u do that later on as well? say i exchange mustang for titan, can i later exchange titan for cutlass black minus the titan price? talking about real money
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so u can exchange your starter ship (in my case its mustang) for any other minus the price of the starter ship. can u do that later on as well? say i exchange mustang for titan, can i later exchange titan for cutlass black minus the titan price? talking about real money
    Yes, you can upgrade your ship to a bigger ship, minus the price of the ship you are upgrading from. In your case, going from a Titan to a Cutlass Black would cost $50. Go to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge and select "ship upgrades". The screen will look like this:

If you want LTI on your ship, wait for an anniversary sale and buy an LTI item, then upgrade it to the ship you want. It will keep the LTI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you want LTI on your ship, wait for an anniversary sale and buy an LTI item, then upgrade it to the ship you want. It will keep the LTI.
    what is LTI and when is the anniversary sale?

also, 300i or titan? pros and cons?

LTI is Lifetime Insurance.

In Star Citizen, you have to insure your ships. If your ship blows up and doesn't have insurance, you can't respawn it. It's gone. You'll have to buy or rent a new ship.

By default, your ships come with a few months of insurance, more than enough time to earn enough money to buy new ships or renew your insurance.

However, there is a prestigious insurance plan called LTI, which lasts forever. If you have a ship with LIT, you will never have to pay insurance on it. You can crash however many times you want and still respawn it.

There are only two ways to get LTI: 1. buy a ship when it first goes concept sale (almost all of the ships in Star Citizen are well past that stage), or 2. buy an anniversary ship. The anniversary is in mid November, and you have to check every day for the duration of the event because they offer different anniversary ships every day. Last year, they were selling cheap LTI hoverbikes for $45, which could be pretty much upgraded into any ship you wanted with LTI.

- - - Updated - - -

Avenger Titan:
    • + Fast and very agile, pretty hard to hit unless you are using gimballed weapons or missiles
    • + High firepower for a small ship (Only Hornets and Anvils are better)
    • + 8 SCU cargo space (a lot for a small ship)
    • + has walk in cargo bay. You can drive a hoverbike or a buggy into it.
    • + Room to carry passengers
    • + Bed you can log out from (meaning the next time you log on, you will log in your ship where it was. Otherwise, you log back at the last station you left from).
    • + Ejection seat

• - The walk in cargo bay is a vulnerability, as people can rush up the ramp and into your ship when you're not looking. They can then try to kill you and hijack your ship. Traders and bounty targets are the most vulnerable here.

Origin 300 series
    • + Fast and agile (hard to hit without gimballed weapons or missiles)
    • + 8 SCU (a lot for a small ship)
    • + Room to carry passengers
    • + Also has room to place more boxes inside, outside of the 12 SCU cargo bay.
    • + Bed you can log out from
    • + Has a bathroom you can hide in (not that useful because it is very difficult for people to actually infiltrate your ship in the first place)
    • + Is really hard for intruders to infiltrate, due to the only way in out or being a retractable ladder.
    • + Has an unobstructed cockpit view.
    • + Ejection seat

• +/-Moderate firepower for a small ship

• - The cargo bay cannot carry a hoverbike or a buggy.
    • - People enter the ship by going up a ladder. If you are trying to run away from pursuers on foot, they can shoot you while you are entering your ship. In an Avenger, you can quickly walk up the ramp and close it behind you.

The 300i has two variants: the 315p (which is my preferred ship), and the 325a.

315p
    • + Has 12 SCU (huge amount of cargo space for a small ship. You will struggle to fill it all with Laranite and Aluminum at first).
    • +/- trades the nose weapon slot for a tractor beam (not functional at the moment)

325a
    • + Has Avenger esque firepower.

If you are going to upgrade to a Cutlass or a Freelancer, know that ramps are a vulnerability on large ships, as the ramps move slowly enough and the entry is large enough that people can pretty easily get in. Furthermore, there are spaces on those ships for infiltrators to hide in, such as the turrets (or if you have cargo, hiding behind your cargo). You'll either need to use ladders (such as on the Freelancer), or get in the habit of watching your cargo ramp close all the way and checking your ship before taking off, lest your ship loaded with cargo gets hijacked.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-02-25 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people may be disappointed with the Carrack. It has been touted as "a hero ship", like Serenity, your home away from home. A spaceship your family hangs out in, with shuttles/vehicle bays for exploring and all that jazz.

Except it's just that; a larger ship with vehicle bays and such. It's not the hero ship with plot armor that miraculously evades and survives everything thrown at it. It's not the ship that always blows up the enemy. It's not the "do everything" ship. It's just another larger ship. The Carrack has been in development for so long, I'm afraid the hype may have gone to people's heads, and what they imagine won't line up with reality.
    bruh/bruhette copy your account to the PTU and update it, this patch is pretty f*cking dope. i only have a starter package, but playing the Carrack showed me the progression for a gamer like myself at release; do mercenary missions, bounty missions, story missions and get currency then buy a Carrack (with a Pisces and Rover?), a Cyclone, and a Yellow Jacket Dragonfly in-game.

on the PTU i logged on, bought a Yellow Jacket and an CYC and put them in the Carrack then bought an 85x and put that in it too and went out to do some bunker missions. i would park about 2-4 clicks out in a valley so as not to get fired upon by the turrets then go to the ship's armory, stock up on firearms and get on my Yellow Jacket and head out to the bunker. they have put gimbled scatter-guns on them now (or maybe it's just the Yellow Jacket that has them), but they shred the turrets. then i went inside and did the missions. it was a very satisfying gameloop even though the current FPS AI is not fully done yet. once the AI is more formidable it will be even more satisfying.

the ship feels pretty good to me, though it feels sparse in some sections but jam packed in others just right in others. it is definitely a home away from home. the engineer aboard the ship is going to have a blast once that gameplay comes online. as well as the drone operators. i think they should do another pass before full game release on it and add more stuff in some rooms that feel barren like the repair shop and give functionality to the panels in the Cartography room. but like i said check it out for yourself while you can on the PTU, the devs also give you like 15 million in credits so buying small ships/arms should not be a problem.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Part 2 of a deep dive into the technical marvels of Star Citizen by Digital Foundry:

Part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFcerTa6Ho

Some kind of prelude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OngP6uEfQoE

That was actually a pretty good video. The first one they did was OK, but this one went into some good detail, especially on the texture stuff. Thanks for the link.

You can also go grey market and buy them. You can find bargains there from time to time. I traded there a few years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

Livestream showing off the amazing tech they use to rapidly create planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Livestream showing off the amazing tech they use to rapidly create planets.

yeah, it's pretty sick. i hope that by the end of the year the Planet Tech will have matured enough and have enough of a database of different biomes to start ramping up star system creation once they are done with the Stanton System this year. i wonder if they are going to do with a procedural distribution of fauna once Planet Tech is done as it's love to see flying, swimming, and walking/sliding/floating creatures in-game soon. the weather and Actor Status system coming in a month looks sick af too.

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    yeah, it's pretty sick. i hope that by the end of the year the Planet Tech will have matured enough and have enough of a database of different biomes to start ramping up star system creation once they are done with the Stanton System this year.
    [X] Doubt

People have been saying variations of the above since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    yeah, it's pretty sick. i hope that by the end of the year the Planet Tech will have matured enough and have enough of a database of different biomes to start ramping up star system creation once they are done with the Stanton System this year.
    Unlikely. The next system is Pyro, and only a few of the bodies there will be able to use Planet Tech v4. Most of the bodies will require special tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    LTI is Lifetime Insurance.

In Star Citizen, you have to insure your ships. If your ship blows up and doesn't have insurance, you can't respawn it. It's gone. You'll have to buy or rent a new ship.

By default, your ships come with a few months of insurance, more than enough time to earn enough money to buy new ships or renew your insurance.

However, there is a prestigious insurance plan called LTI, which lasts forever. If you have a ship with LIT, you will never have to pay insurance on it. You can crash however many times you want and still respawn it.

There are only two ways to get LTI: 1. buy a ship when it first goes concept sale (almost all of the ships in Star Citizen are well past that stage), or 2. buy an anniversary ship. The anniversary is in mid November, and you have to check every day for the duration of the event because they offer different anniversary ships every day. Last year, they were selling cheap LTI hoverbikes for $45, which could be pretty much upgraded into any ship you wanted with LTI.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to upgrade to a Cutlass or a Freelancer, know that ramps are a vulnerability on large ships, as the ramps move slowly enough and the entry is large enough that people can pretty easily get in. Furthermore, there are spaces on those ships for infiltrators to hide in, such as the turrets (or if you have cargo, hiding behind your cargo). You'll either need to use ladders (such as on the Freelancer), or get in the habit of watching your cargo ramp close all the way and checking your ship before taking off, lest your ship loaded with cargo gets hijacked.
    what? u can lose your ship permanently? eve online style? ive got my mustang (starter ship) destroyed several times, also supposedly after my insurance period
    so how does it work exactly?

ive got my mustang (starter ship) destroyed several times, also supposedly after my insurance period
    The insurance system hasn't been implemented yet, and the insurance on your starter Mustang is 3 months.

See my prior post.

Once the insurance system goes is implemented, if your ship doesn't have insurance and it blows up, you won't be able to reclaim/respawn your ship at a hangar terminal like you do to respawn your ship right now. It'll be gone forever. However, if you do have insurance (you'll be able to pay ingame UEC to renew your insurance), then you can just go to a hangar terminal, reclaim/respawn your ship, and off you go, just like it is right no ingame.

The insurance system hasn't been implemented yet, and the insurance on your starter Mustang is 3 months.

See my prior post.

Once the insurance system goes is implemented, if your ship doesn't have insurance and it blows up, you won't be able to reclaim/respawn your ship at a hangar terminal like you do to respawn your ship right now. It'll be gone forever. However, if you do have insurance (you'll be able to pay ingame UEC to renew your insurance), then you can just go to a hangar terminal, reclaim/respawn your ship, and off you go, just like it is right no ingame.
    im pretty sure there was a mention somewhere if you paid real money for the ship you would never lose it, you just have to make sure its insured ingame to be able to use it again even without LTI

what? u can lose your ship permanently? eve online style? ive got my mustang (starter ship) destroyed several times, also supposedly after my insurance period
    any ship you paid real money for you should never lose but if you buy a ship ingame and it gets blown up without insurance then you would lose it then.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-03-03 at 03:19 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I honestly do not see them doing this. It would be stupid for them to go through with it.
    Take the situation where someone logs out in space during an exploration journey, they stop playing for a few days due to real life commitments and when they log back in their insurance has lapsed, they now have to get back to UEE space to renew and if anything happens they lose their $400 purchase...

CIG encouraged this belief because it made people prepurchase ships and pay more for LTI....

My guess is that insurance will be an automated system, or it will at least have an optional auto-pay feature. You select which things you want on it, ships, components, etc. and then it determines the fee, which is automatically pulled from your UEC balance on a timed interval. If you have LTI on a ship, then the unmodified base ship will be covered, but any modifications you have made will be separate; for example, swapping out a number of components. Things you aren't legally allowed to have, or things that cannot be insured, always have a risk attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ah... just like real-life
    some players have put in a fair amount of money to back the game so it doesnt really make a difference if you never lose your ships you paid real money for, you cant just instantly spawn in a ship after you have lost it and would have to wait days/weeks for the very large ships before you could get a new one, your always going to have a backup ship and you dont even need a ship at all to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    I honestly do not see them doing this. It would be stupid for them to go through with it.
    Take the situation where someone logs out in space during an exploration journey, they stop playing for a few days due to real life commitments and when they log back in their insurance has lapsed, they now have to get back to UEE space to renew and if anything happens they lose their $400 purchase...

CIG encouraged this belief because it made people prepurchase ships and pay more for LTI....
    maybe having bulk buy as an option to buy as much insurance time as you want with in game credits, buy a year in one go or have a monthly debit come out automatically even if your offline.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-03-03 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    im pretty sure there was a mention somewhere if you paid real money for the ship you would never lose it, you just have to make sure its insured ingame to be able to use it again even without LTI

any ship you paid real money for you should never lose but if you buy a ship ingame and it gets blown up without insurance then you would lose it then.
    I cannot find any official information collaborating this statement.

Looking at the latest official FAQ on on insurance, it appears that permanent ship loss is still the plan for non insured ships, even if they were bought with real money. The obvious exception, ofcourse, being LTI ships, which you will still have to pay UEC to reclaim.

Here is the latest official information on how insurance will work.

Quote Originally Posted by CIG
    The way to ensure that your property will not be lost forever when these events happen is through insurance policies for your ships.

Currently, on the Alpha and Public Test Universe (PTU), all ships and vehicles are given a basic insurance plan that does not expire to facilitate testing. At this time, it requires no upkeep or fee for players to acquire basic ship loss coverage. There may be a fee to file a claim or expedite a replacement, however.

MY PLEDGE COMES WITH 2/3/6/N MONTH INSURANCE. WHEN DOES THIS TIME START?
    The insurance period included in many pledges available now will have some duration in months as indicated in the pledge details. This time will not begin until the game is live and out of testing altogether.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-03-03 at 09:11 PM.

I cannot find any official information collaborating this statement.

Looking at the latest official FAQ on on insurance, it appears that permanent ship loss is still the plan for non insured ships, even if they were bought with real money. The obvious exception, ofcourse, being LTI ships, which you will still have to pay UEC to reclaim.

Here is the latest official information on how insurance will work.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...ith-real-money, there is a mention by a CiG emplyee there, i was never 100% sure but it does look like that you wont completely lose a ship even without insurance, may just have to fork out more money to get it back even if it was unisured when it was destroyed.