Thread: New heroes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    copyright says no to half of those.
    Copyright between Blizzard's own departments?

As for Lilith, they already answered they don't want to take her thunder from the Diablo team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She didn't exist before HotS. They could have given that title to any older dryad that already existed.
    Do you believe that the Heroes team develops new heros from other franchises without consulting those teams first? Because I don't. She exists, which means the WoW team gave the okay. Someone somewhere clearly had plans for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    copyright says no to half of those.
    You know Overwatch is a Blizzard game right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Do you believe that the Heroes team develops new heros from other franchises without consulting those teams first? Because I don't. She exists, which means the WoW team gave the okay. Someone somewhere clearly had plans for her.
    I think they didn't have plans for her. They simply don't care about dryads.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Lady Vashj, Cairne, Mekkatorgue, Tirion, Vol’jin and Lor’themar are all must haves. Basically we need every WC3 hero and faction leader in the game. I’d also love to have more villains like Edwin/Vanessa VanCleef, Kil’jaeden/Archimonde, any Old God, Azshara etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copyright between Blizzard's own departments?

As for Lilith, they already answered they don't want to take her thunder from the Diablo team.

- - - Updated - - -

lilith is a character from a capcom game as well. and a gearbox one. you know this right....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

lilith is a character from a capcom game as well. and a gearbox one. you know this right....
    Unless they are trying to literally make those specific characters for HotS that completely doesn't matter in any way shape or form. You know this right?

The only correct answer is still Yogg Saron. Hots needs more tentacles.

feel bad for the game, wish they could maybe do a re-release after a major overhaul, unless its not making money then it will probably be shut down, i think there biggest mistake was adding "nexus" and overwatch heroes, there big thing was fandom from the first 3 franchises. They should of listened to the negative feedback on the overwatch and nexus heroes and stopped making them

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lilith is a character from real world myth and thus is subject to no copyright
    Of course the name "Lilith" and her general archetype (some kind of demon thing) aren't able to be copyrighted, but Diablo's design of her is copyrighted. This is why anyone can make a mouse character but no one can just copy Mickey Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    feel bad for the game, wish they could maybe do a re-release after a major overhaul, unless its not making money then it will probably be shut down, i think there biggest mistake was adding "nexus" and overwatch heroes, there big thing was fandom from the first 3 franchises. They should of listened to the negative feedback on the overwatch and nexus heroes and stopped making them
    Overwatch and Nexus heroes had nothing to do with it. The game was sacrificed after the questionable reception of Diablo Immortal. Upper management decided to fast track Shadowlands, D4, and OW2, and in order to do so they cannibalized Team 1 (the RTS/Heroes team).

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Of course the name "Lilith" and her general archetype (some kind of demon thing) aren't able to be copyrighted, but Diablo's design of her is copyrighted. This is why anyone can make a mouse character but no one can just copy Mickey Mouse.
    Blizzard owns that copyright as you mentioned, thus they can use her design in HotS without issues.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith ... So yeah...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt there is enough ppl working on this game in first place to create a hero now, in fact can anyone confirm that they didn't put the server in trash bin by mistake or something ?

But if i bet on a new hero, i'd bet that Lilith is either the next or the one after, to 'boost' diablo reputation, after 'don't u have phones' both hots and diablo fans get same treatment from blizz, ie thrown in trash can
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Overwatch and Nexus heroes had nothing to do with it. The game was sacrificed after the questionable reception of Diablo Immortal. Upper management decided to fast track Shadowlands, D4, and OW2, and in order to do so they cannibalized Team 1 (the RTS/Heroes team).
    yeah that makes more sense they did say in their call they were putting more resources into those

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i doubt there is enough ppl working on this game in first place to create a hero now, in fact can anyone confirm that they didn't put the server in trash bin by mistake or something ?

But if i bet on a new hero, i'd bet that Lilith is either the next or the one after, to 'boost' diablo reputation, after 'don't u have phones' both hots and diablo fans get same treatment from blizz, ie thrown in trash can
    Literally 12 hours ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...2lg/?context=3

And it won't be Lilith. They said in the last AMA that she would absolutely be a hero candidate, but they're holding off so as to not steal the Diablo team's thunder with her in their game.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is kinda sad.......thinking that HotS got turned into a stale game to make OW2 O.o
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    That is kinda sad.......thinking that HotS got turned into a stale game to make OW2 O.o
    Yeah, I'm still not over it.

10+ Year Old Account

And it won't be Lilith. They said in the last AMA that she would absolutely be a hero candidate, but they're holding off so as to not steal the Diablo team's thunder with her in their game.
    I'm glad i'm wrong here, i'm really glad i'm wrong and they working on new hero
    This is one of times I'm really happy i'm wrong, i wish i be wrong every day if that means news like that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account

Why i think, it is next Warcraft hero upcoming?

I hope it's not another Hero with
    A skillshot
    A escape
    A aoe
    boring ults

Hots really suffers from too many boring heroes.

I would love to get a hero like stukov from sc2 where you command a lot of minions to a point.