Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If EU will get all the refugees i am ready for all the sanctions.
    Let's see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Let's see.
    Chances are you'll get neither and just have ended up with egg on your face, tbh. The increased presence of nationalist parties in European governments compared to a decade ago means that the response aren't likely to be as conciliatory as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see.
    We won't get the migrants and you will get the sanctions. It's not looking good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Chances are you'll get neither and just have ended up with egg on your face, tbh. The increased presence of nationalist parties in European governments compared to a decade ago means that the response aren't likely to be as conciliatory as before.
    Slavery and racism reborn. Returning to the roots then. That's bad.
    We will live and see what happens.
    Slavery and racism

10+ Year Old Account
    Slavery and racism
    The only slavery and racism going on is applied by the Turkish government exploiting clueless migrants by giving them misinformation of an open European border for the sole purpose of expanding on their own dirty geopolitical games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The only slavery and racism going on is applied by the Turkish government exploiting helpless migrants by giving them misinformation of an open European border for the sole purpose of expanding on their own dirty geopolitical games.
    Word. I'm a vocal opponent of aforementioned resurgence in nationalism but what Turkey is doing here is inexcusable from either perspective - it's grossly inhumane as well as being belligerent.

Again, ideally we'd be seeing a push for the establishment of an EU level administrative structure to ensure countries on the periphery aren't overwhelmed during future crises of this sort - dovetailed with a push to punish Turkey for trying to weaponise this humanitarian crisis.

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery and racism
    How appropriate that I picked 2020 as the year to resume wearing my sariki on a daily basis, then.

Never forget what happened at Arkadi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The only slavery and racism going on is applied by the Turkish government exploiting clueless migrants by giving them misinformation of an open European border for the sole purpose of expanding on their own dirty geopolitical games.
    There are millions of Syrians living, working, educating in Turkey. The ones eligible are also getting money and food support from government.
    I am sure the ones that are trying to pass EU are maybe 1/100 and they can have the same conditions too.
    And this is pretty innocent when compared to EU's games.
    Last edited by sabe; 2020-03-01 at 11:10 PM.

I have seen the footage today. It is a disaster. It is a shame that we use those people as blackmailing material/bargaining chip, and in the mean while, the only concern the richest nations on earth have is not to receive more pesky refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I have seen the footage today. It is a disaster. It is a shame that we use those people as blackmailing material/bargaining chip, and in the mean while, the only concern the richest nations on earth have is not to receive more pesky refugees.
    We didn't cause nor are we responsible for the Syrian and middle East situation. We never sent troops and we never bombarded anyone. The fact remains that you guys did and now you're trying to play the humanitarian card and shift the blame to us. Of course Turkey isn't alone in that regard, but you should put the blame and burden on the perpetrators, not us.

We act upon national and international law with closing our borders. All you're hoping for is an escalation for a casus belli. I can prove this by stating that the only country you sent them to out of all your neighbours was Greece, and a few you sent to Bulgaria.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-03-01 at 05:58 PM.

I dont understand the EU, when ppl get here you ask them from what country they come?
    We got ships we go back to that country and put them off at shore, and if the country will not accept then we put them close at the coast in boats like they did to get to the EU. You do this for a few years and nobody will get to the EU anymore because they know a ship will move them back home.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I dont understand the EU, when ppl get here you ask them from what country they come?
    Two problems with that approach: people lie about things, and some people got carried away after WWII and signed a comprise called the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" stating that people have the right to seek asylum.

That lofty declaration is then interpreted as people have the right to seek asylum in the country they are in (at least on land) - not that people have the right to enter countries to seek asylum, or even seek asylum remotely.

Similarly at an earlier stage people were horrified about wars after WWI and declared that e.g., chemical weapons cannot be used in war.
    However, the migrants are not at war with Greece and therefore chemical agents (e.g. tear-gas) can be used against them.

Man, this thread got spammed to hell and back with the Erdogan apologists...just a mountain of nonsequitors, whitewashing of Turkish atrocities, and whataboutisms getting pulled up from centuries ago.

All we're missing is the guy in my sig and the collection would be complete.

*pretends to be that guy* Ottomans brought civilization to Greece and Europe...

Can it pass Stelio?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Man, this thread got spammed to hell and back with the Erdogan apologists...just a mountain of nonsequitors, whitewashing of Turkish atrocities, and whataboutisms getting pulled up from centuries ago.

All we're missing is the guy in my sig and the collection would be complete.
    The majority of Turks are fanatical nationalists thinking they have never done any wrong. Sure, they are not entirely to blame for this particular thing, the middle East situation was only partly their fault. But the way they handled it, using this to fish for a casus belli for a foothold in the Aegean is just appalling.

I just hope we get support defending ourselves. It isn't looking good though, counties like Germany, Netherlands, Belgium etc have hundreds of thousands and millions of Turks that make up a decent chunk of their electorate. The politicians will lose votes if they don't suck up to their Turks in every way.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...roops-in-syria

Turkey has opened the borders and is transporting syrian refugees to greece with busses and taxi’s. What impact Will this have?
    If only they were syrian refugees. 99% of those in the borders right now are neither Syrian, nor refugees. Erdogan amassed every possible trash of a human being from various nationalities and from the Turkish jails and brought them to the borders. Now they are throwing stones to the Greeks on the other side while Turkish official vehicles make patrols on the Turkish side showing support to the illegal filth that tries to swarm over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What makes you think that they are refugees?

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery and racism
    I agree. The Turkish Government plays games with human rights and lives, in order to put pressure to the EU. Meanwhile EU does nothing to assist Greece in stopping this illegal menace. These illegals don't want to stay in Greece btw. They want to go to western Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    This recent wave, is not some natural refugee movement, it is very much state sponsored and state orchestrated, also in conjunction with a Turkish media campaign, Turkey is literally busing these people to the Greek border specifically, it is reported they are ignoring the Bulgarian border, targeting Greece sells better to the Turkish people. Turkey is even arming these migrants with tear gas. This is effectively a form of state sponsored terrorism against Greece. Turkey is trying to achieve two things, show an image to their people they are strong and resilient against the "hypocritical" and "bad" west, and to put pressure on the EU to support their military adventurism/plans in the middle east. Turkey is using the migrants as a weapon, this is effectively a state sponsored terrorist campaign against Greece and in relation the EU. It is important to remember this as events unfold, and any Greek actions you hear about should be judged based on this context. This is an assault on Greece and the EU by Turkey who is hiding behind "refugees" backing down from defending the borders of Greece would therefore be surrendering to terrorism
    I will leave this here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope Greece will protect its borders, they should deploy tanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with you, EU countries should all contribute to defending its borders and send some military aid to help Greece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also hit Erdogan where it hurts, economic sanctions.

Because this will keep happening for years.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=852900655225801

The illegal immigrants put their kids on top of fire so the smoke forces some tears on them, ready to show on the media how evil Greece is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=852900655225801

The illegal immigrants put their kids on top of fire so the smoke forces some tears on them, ready to show on the media how evil Greece is.
    They also use pictures from the wave in 2015 to try paint how bad it is for them using old ny post and washington post picture, didn't take long for people on twitter to call that out though.

and yeah watched some videos yesterday of them using children and making them cry to paint a different view for western media.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-03-02 at 02:35 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?