Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    it felt like I was logging in to do stuff I had to do, versus in the past, doing stuff I wanted to do.
    This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs and raiding 9 hours a week. I feel fatigued regularly after doing WQs and I hate it. After I'm done with them I just want to log off and do something else rather than spending my time in game to do something fun, like examples you gave being transmog runs, pet battles, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs
    If you are spending 3 to 4 hours doing just world quests you are doing them wrong or purposefully doing way more then needed. Of course you will be burned out. It is always funny when people to things that will lead to burnout and then complain they are burned out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you are spending 3 to 4 hours doing just world quests you are doing them wrong or purposefully doing way more then needed. Of course you will be burned out. It is always funny when people to things that will lead to burnout and then complain they are burned out.
    I can kinda get it. The rewards from the content are massive and can't be obtained from anywhere else except I think maybe farming raid trash? (Do memento mobs drop them each time they are killed or once a reset?)

Those sockets are a extremely powerful reward. I just think blizzard finally hit bedrock on what their players are willing to care about this patch and its come as a shock to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want a "skip all the 8.3 introduction stories and go directly to the point" button. Did it 3 times already, I can't anymore (I saw we can skip the moshugan palace scenario at least...)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Depends on how many alts you are trying to maintain. If you are trying to maintain your main and a couple alts, that could easily take up 3-4 hours doing world dailies.

In WotLK, I had every class at max level and able to pug into ICC. Each day when I would log in I would look across all those characters and pick which class felt like fun to play that day. Since Legion it doesn't feel like I can maintain more than 1-2 alts.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs and raiding 9 hours a week. I feel fatigued regularly after doing WQs and I hate it. After I'm done with them I just want to log off and do something else rather than spending my time in game to do something fun, like examples you gave being transmog runs, pet battles, or whatever.
    Yeah, no wonder why you think WoW is shit. It's clear as day now.

3-4 hours everyday doing World Quests. Oh brother...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    People still do Lfr?, I stopped doing Lfr midway through Legion because the experience is mostly mind numbingly boring and not even worth the time to get mediocre gear that you can get from some other less boring path.

Not unlike the legendary cloak quest chain which is also mind numbingly boring and I would not blame anybody that decided not to do it on an alt.
    Essence drops and trinkets. But of course the most popular trinket drops off the first and easiest boss in Nyalotha (honestly, Skitra is the easiest boss, but since it's LFR we're talking about, where tanks don't know how to communicate, Wrathion is the easiest for that mode.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    I just want a "skip all the 8.3 introduction stories and go directly to the point" button. Did it 3 times already, I can't anymore (I saw we can skip the moshugan palace scenario at least...)
    There are three skips:

Both HoO parts and the Mogu'shan Palace part.

But yeah, it's obnoxious on alts.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Both HoO parts and the Mogu'shan Palace part.
    Wait wait wait. First skip is with Magni in HoO. Then with Raden and MSP. The third would be the Mini vision you are supposed to fail due no cloak?

That one can't be skipped, as far as I can tell. Nor can the followup where you succeed with the cloak.

It will be funny come Carapace and N'zoth LFR when people get insta MC'd because they don't have a cloak. I wonder if blizzard will just remove the sanity mechanic entirely from those fights or make the cloak not required.

3+ Year Old Account
    They're trying to bring back people by saying there's a new legendary to get.

They completely missunderstood that legendaries are supposed to be special and almost no one should have them. This cloak should literally be a white item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    It will be funny come Carapace and N'zoth LFR when people get insta MC'd because they don't have a cloak. I wonder if blizzard will just remove the sanity mechanic entirely from those fights or make the cloak not required.
    I suppose you can't even enter the last wing if you don't own the cloak. (I hope..?)

You literally only get one skip and it's the first scenario with Magni in Halls of Origination. It takes over an hour to complete the entire chain for alts(which you forgot the Mogu'shan Palace scenario too), which is why I've literally not touched most of my alts this patch, same goes for essences. I refuse to have to do the same grind over and over, when they take an excessive amount of time. I want to have at least a little bit of a life outside of the game too and if I'm spending(even if it did only take an hour per alt cloak) 10 hours doing alt cloaks, then another 5-10 hours per week to gather currency to upgrade the cloaks, then having to spend ridiculous amounts of time on essences I'd literally have less of a life I currently do and would likely be sleeping less too.
    Nah there actually 2 skips. One as you described and the other is Ra-den titan guy. You just talk to him a 2nd time after he points you to his scenario thing and lets you skip it. Then you get ported back to the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You don't need corrupted gear or a cloak to have a reasonable level of success in M+ runs. They were all made more difficult in 8.3, but ilvls were adjusted as well.
    Posts like this make me seriously consider how many people who complain actually play the game.

Forget the question of if its "possible" or not, i dont even have to take it there. The kind of person who is too casual to even get a cloak and get corrupted gear is not the kind of person who would be purposefully pushing M+ high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This link was just put up yesterday on the battle.net launcher. I wonder how many people are just blowing off this part of 8.3.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...egendary-cloak
    Once I killed N'zoth on Heroic I unsubbed. If I manage to get my cloak to 15 before my sub runs out great. If not I don't really give a shit. The cloak + corruption + visions system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I just don't get why everything has to be tied to raiding?

Why can't we have new systems just be their own thing without locking legendary items to them or extremely powerful items like sockets?

I honestly think it would be better if the game included a diversity of content without making a daily chore for raiders.
    Raiding has been principle end games content for WoW since its inception. Blizzard has invested vast amount of resources into it so it is not surprising most of everything else revolves around it.

To have alternatives to raiding would probably requires some significant investment which needs to come from somewhere. Either new hires or a reduction in other areas, possibly raiding development. However, that would probably lead to loud objections from the raiding community. I recall the voice of discontent during Trial Of Grand Crusader and also Firelands. Both were relatively small in terms of number of bosses.

I do think they should review WoW end game objectives. Should they continue to invest so heavyly into raids? That depends on the current distribution of people raiding. They have the data. They know the percentages players raiding outside of LFR. I suspect they are happy with the numbers so far and so continue with this path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Raiding has been principle end games content for WoW since its inception. Blizzard has invested vast amount of resources into it so it is not surprising most of everything else revolves around it.

To have alternatives to raiding would probably requires some significant investment which needs to come from somewhere. Either new hires or a reduction in other areas, possibly raiding development. However, that would probably lead to loud objections from the raiding community. I recall the voice of discontent during Trial Of Grand Crusader and also Firelands. Both were relatively small in terms of number of bosses.

I do think they should review WoW end game objectives. Should they continue to invest so heavyly into raids? That depends on the current distribution of people raiding. They have the data. They know the percentages players raiding outside of LFR. I suspect they are happy with the numbers so far and so continue with this path.
    I think you misunderstood. I mean not everything has to be relevant to raiding rather then some kind of reward parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? It really doesn't take more than an hour with all the skips and if you have your wits about you - let's be generous and double the time - is 2 hours too much to get the most powerful item you'll own until the next expansion? Not really
    "Waah! Blizzard there's nothing to do in this game, where's the content!"
    Here's a questline to get a legendary.
    "Waah! Blizzard this takes too long, give us the cloak without us having to do any quests!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I can't believe some of the sh*t posted in this thread. I don't even know what to reply to people who think it's a good idea to do m+ without the cloak in 8.3 or who claim to be doing WQs for 4 hours every day. I think it's time to take a break from mmoc to regain some sanity, the 8.3 cloak isn't gonna help with that.

As for the OP...it's a typical advert for a new patch. There's no hidden agenda there, really. It's like watching banners advertising an FPS game telling you to "shoot some dudes" and assuming that it's threre because people are not shooting anyone while playing the game and need some additional encouragement.

Damn

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It was yet another system that was haphazardly tacked on at the end of an expansion. What Blizzard doesn't realise is that there is a serious case of 'systems burnout' in WoW right now. This is not helping their cause.
    Couldn't be more accurate to my feelings toward the game. I'm tired of all of these new systems, especially ones that I know will go away in the next expansion.