Your opinions don't really make much of an argument when Blizz wants money from race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Amen! Also those races have an ancient charge and purpose in the Shadowlands since times before the titans; they aren’t gonna abandon that because some mortals were like hey how’s it going do you wanna join in our dumb mortal fighting?
    Your imagination for these things seems lacking. I could easily fabricate a scenario where for example the Kyrian decide to let a few of them leave for Azeroth to help fight against all the unnatural enemies that are a threat to the balance of Life and Death. Would barely take a quest to explain.

Similarly the Night Fae could join because Azeroth is a titan, and presumably therefore important for creating more living races.
    Venthyr could be going to Azeroth as penance.
    Necrolords could also just as easily have the same explanation as Kyrians.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I really do not get this discussion about Shadowlands allied races. The Covenants are tied to the Shadowlands, they do not belong to the plane of the living. It wont make sense to make them playable. Plus Blizzard already said that is not happening.
    Hopefully allied races are either a thing left in BFA or made on the occasion that the race does make sense (like they've said it will be). Ever since we've had allied races people have been getting carried away with making anything and everything a playable allied race. It's like an allied-race soup. The current setup is already messy.

On one side you have the 2 people happy to play diapergnomes, and on the other side you have a vocal minority angry that we got diapergnomes instead of X allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uh huh. And Nightborne have ties to the night elves and have no reason to want to join a faction and get embroiled in a war that they have no real reason to join so they can become an open enemy of another faction that helped them.
    Their city was in ruins and they couldn’t and wouldn’t survive by themselves after the events of legion so they needed the factions; not at all the same as literal stewards of death that have had to protect the cycle of death since the universe was created; it’s the exact same as asking for the spirit healers themselves to be a race not just the kyrian

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Your imagination for these things seems lacking. I could easily fabricate a scenario where for example the Kyrian decide to let a few of them leave for Azeroth to help fight against all the unnatural enemies that are a threat to the balance of Life and Death. Would barely take a quest to explain.

Similarly the Night Fae could join because Azeroth is a titan, and presumably therefore important for creating more living races.
    Venthyr could be going to Azeroth as penance.
    Necrolords could also just as easily have the same explanation as Kyrians.
    Pretty much this.

Funniest thing is that the people adamant that Covenant allied races make no sense and would never happen because x and y rule and duty would probably be defending Blizzard if they came out tomorrow and said "Yes, these races are slated to be playable." and they caught flack for how little sense it makes in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    On one side you have the 2 people happy to play diapergnomes, and on the other side you have a vocal minority angry that we got diapergnomes instead of X allied race.
    Why do Mechagnomes mean we shouldn't have more playable races?

Their city was in ruins and they couldn’t and wouldn’t survive by themselves after the events of legion so they needed the factions; not at all the same as literal stewards of death that have had to protect the cycle of death since the universe was created; it’s the exact same as asking for the spirit healers themselves to be a race not just the kyrian
    They didn't need a faction and they didn't need to choose. That's your headcanon.

By choosing, all they did was make an enemy of one faction of people that helped them. That was Blizzard pushing them as a player race, not logical, consistent and sensible lore progression.

Omg!!! We now have male spirit healer models! Spirit healer allied race confirmed??? /s

I remember everyone swearing up and down Vulpera, Kul Tirans and Mechagnomes wouldn't be playable. This fanbase isn't exactly known for it's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why do Mechagnomes mean we shouldn't have more playable races?
    That's not what I was saying. I used mechagnomes as an example of why allied races as a whole are hit-and-miss, and that the races Blizzard introduce will never please everyone.

Hopefully allied races are either a thing left in BFA or made on the occasion that the race does make sense (like they've said it will be). Ever since we've had allied races people have been getting carried away with making anything and everything a playable allied race. It's like an allied-race soup. The current setup is already messy.

Allied races can fill a good niche of being to introduce races that are indeed their own race (See: ankoan, vulpera, mogu) but can also reuse a player rig while maybe having a few unique animations.

Normal races could be all new animation sets, all new model, all new everything.

Stuff like Dark Irons, Lightforged, Mag'har could be extra customization for base races from Shadowlands onward.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg!!! We now have male spirit healer models! Spirit healer allied race confirmed??? /s
    I mean, the spirit healers are basically kyrians with wings, so..

That's not what I was saying. I used mechagnomes as an example of why allied races as a whole are hit-and-miss, and that the races Blizzard introduce will never please everyone.
    And they should stop producing races because they're hit and miss? That's a stupid argument and it's why we haven't gotten any since Pandas.

And they should stop producing races because they're hit and miss? That's a stupid argument and it's why we haven't gotten any since Pandas.
    They should stop adding races that are massively unpopular and clutter the character creation. It's delusional to think they'll be forever adding allied races so at least release some decent races.

They are a swing and a miss for several reasons.

Such as gnomes aren't one of the more popular races in general and their mechagnome variants don't bring anything new to the table. If you don't like goblins, you could still like vulpera. If you don't like a gnome, you're unlikely to like a gnome with mechanical limbs.

Obviously, there is a balance to be struck. If you went for what was most popular, just about every new race would be some kind of elf, but there's a breadth of option between elf #15132 and gnome amputee.

Of course, mechagnomes would've already felt more unique if they had been fully mechanized. That way, you're not just playing a gnome with the knob turned up to 11, you can engage in the fantasy of playing some sort of robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They are a swing and a miss for several reasons.

Such as gnomes aren't one of the more popular races in general and their mechagnome variants don't bring anything new to the table. If you don't like goblins, you could still like vulpera. If you don't like a gnome, you're unlikely to like a gnome with mechanical limbs.

Obviously, there is a balance to be struck. If you went for what was most popular, just about every new race would be some kind of elf, but there's a breadth of option between elf #15132 and gnome amputee.

Of course, mechagnomes would've already felt more unique if they had been fully mechanized. That way, you're not just playing a gnome with the knob turned up to 11, you can engage in the fantasy of playing some sort of robot.
    This is my point. Mechagnomes were a massive miss and it's taken up space for another race that many more (not everyone obviously) people would be excited to try out and play. Mechagnomes are underwhelming and should've just been added as additional options for original gnomes in Shadowlands. Gnomes are underdeveloped and adding all of those options would've at least set them for the long-term. The lore however is a different beast to tackle.

This isn't even an argument about Mechagnomes. Imagine being so worked up over a couple ARs that you dismiss the entire fucking concept. Doesn't matter that now base races are getting extra options to compensate: just throw the system away or make MY choices!

You aren't getting High Elves, Broken or Vrykul. EVER.

Remember when people were complaining about no races or no new class? Well there is still no new class, but AR are the answer to this complain and we could be certainly sure that coming AR wont be more like Skins, but more like Kul Tirans or Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Remember when people were complaining about no races or no new class? Well there is still no new class, but AR are the answer to this complain and we could be certainly sure that coming AR wont be more like Skins, but more like Kul Tirans or Vulpera.
    Doesn't matter. Fuck all these new races, they aren't what we the fans want. If it isn't a High Elf I don't care!

They should stop adding races that are massively unpopular and clutter the character creation. It's delusional to think they'll be forever adding allied races so at least release some decent races.
    Adding unpopular races every so iften is a given. What matters is rather that Blizzard creates races that fill a niche that a decent chunk of players are interested in. And now that Shadowlands is adding far more customization, not making ARs that couldn't simply have been options for the base model.

Good ARs would be things like Velves, Kul Tirans, Vulpera and Zandalari.
    Bad ARs would be other races like LF Draenei, Mag'har orc, Trashgnomes and Highmountain Tauren.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This isn't even an argument about Mechagnomes. Imagine being so worked up over a couple ARs that you dismiss the entire fucking concept. Doesn't matter that now base races are getting extra options to compensate: just throw the system away or make MY choices!

You aren't getting High Elves, Broken or Vrykul. EVER.
    Imagine thinking I'm worked up when you're the one screaming because I think allied races are a poorly executed concept.