Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    What is your position on contractions?
    How far apart are they?
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's that classic player mentality right there. "Don't play a druid".

They can play what they want no matter the viability.
    This whole sneering at certain classes or specs needs to stop.
    The guy literally was saying he doesn’t play a Druid but he thinks faerie fire should work. You are way too eager to be offended.

While there's better ways to say stuff, ie. more polite & tactful, having a common vernacular and shared grammar rules make it easier to communicate on a forum. Especially a forum that's global, where not everyone will pick up on regional slang and "shorthand".
    While it make logical sense to say this, an absence of a singular word in this specific scenario should of not have garnered the response it did. Context matters.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Seems like this thread is degenerating into bickering, but I'll try to give an honest response anyway:

I haven't played classic past level 20 or so, and it's been 15 years since I played vanilla. But from what I remember, the way I would pull in TBC was to fire Wrath at one target, while that was in the air, I'd moonfire another, shift to bear form and start DPS on a third. You could do this outside of bear form to begin with, but once you drop into bear you're there til the encounter is over.

I recall that bears were REALLY bad for tanking in Vanilla(which is why I didn't start until TBC). They didn't have all the proper tools or mitigation. But if you're making it work, a bear could probably use some form of this as an opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    While it make logical sense to say this, an absence of a singular word in this specific scenario should of not have garnered the response it did. Context matters.
    It does. But the vitriol pointed in the direction of the dude that got confused was at least as bad (or worse) that anything he said. The difference being that the confused dude was confused. The people responding to him, ripping him for being confused weren't confused.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Then use "I". It exists for a reason
    its called "assume positive intent" you fuckwagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Fearie fire. Read the talent tree with attention :P Druid is kewl for lvling but tbh i really enjoyed druid in TBC in vanilla for endgame is just little MEH.

While there's better ways to say stuff, ie. more polite & tactful, having a common vernacular and shared grammar rules make it easier to communicate on a forum. Especially a forum that's global, where not everyone will pick up on regional slang and "shorthand".
    Artawreet? Thamaunt get Maultdeerf over common vernacular! Ye can't Fettle wots a person's way of speaking in there own worn.

U'll just jigger your self out and give ya sel a Yedwarch.

P.s for the American mods, yes this is all in English.

That's a retail player mentality right there. Doesn't understand context and has no ability to read but voices his opinion anyway as if it's the god-given truth.

10+ Year Old Account

You're so triggered that you're swiping at ghosts friendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I recall that bears were REALLY bad for tanking in Vanilla(which is why I didn't start until TBC). They didn't have all the proper tools or mitigation. But if you're making it work, a bear could probably use some form of this as an opener.
    You recall wrong, bears are great tanks in Vanilla. They're not Warriors, but they're decently close.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

a ranged spell to pull? you can cast moonfire or starsurge on single targets to pull, for a ranged group you can get a tick of hurricane in as well. after either switch to bear for and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinest View Post
    a ranged spell to pull? you can cast moonfire or starsurge on single targets to pull, for a ranged group you can get a tick of hurricane in as well. after either switch to bear for and enjoy.
    Or, you know, Feral Faerie Fire from DB form. The whole design intent of that ability is as a ranged debuff/pulling tool.

Also, Starsurge in Vanilla wut.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-03-02 at 05:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    moonfire? feral faerie fire?
    there's a few options.

in a raid? hunter pull.

To be fair you did use one person's comment, by mistake, to judge the whole Classic player base too. That seems... Not nice...

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Or, you know, Feral Faerie Fire from DB form. The whole design intent of that ability is as a ranged debuff/pulling tool.

Also, Starsurge in Vanilla wut.
    Ya got me, I meant to type Starfire. Been playing too much retail lately.

Logged in just to tell you that you're a douche bag. Stop posting on the internet you loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

It does. But the vitriol pointed in the direction of the dude that got confused was at least as bad (or worse) that anything he said. The difference being that the confused dude was confused. The people responding to him, ripping him for being confused weren't confused.
    He wasn't confused. He stopped reading three words into someone else's post to start a rant about classic players. When he got caught on this "OH MAYBE USE I NEXT TIME." The vitriol is well deserved for someone purposefully taking something out of context.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

15+ Year Old Account

lol u look so stupid, he was saying that he doesnt play a druid...holy shit go take a xanax

People sneer because some are astronomically better or worse than others. Imagine being given the option of eating soup with a better knife or soup spoon. Sure you could make the butter knife work, but the spoon would be significantly better.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    People sneer because some are astronomically better or worse than others. Imagine being given the option of eating soup with a better knife or soup spoon. Sure you could make the butter knife work, but the spoon would be significantly better.
    It's especially funny though because Bear tanks aren't quite as good as Warriors but they're definitely not astronomically far behind.

More like eating soup with a table spoon rather than a soup spoon.