Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I'm all for high elves but this just looks off.

I feel like her tattoos and eyes clash too much with the large chunks of gold on her armor, I feel like the gold "wings-y" look with jewels and stuff is more akin to blood elf atire.
    Well, yes. The armor itself is an edit the BE heritage armor. I assume that a HE heritage armor would be based off a different animal. I was thinking an unicorn, since it's the steed of the Silver Covenant, at least according to the Argent Tournament since it's the mount we can buy from them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well, yes. The armor itself is an edit the BE heritage armor. I assume that a HE heritage armor would be based off a different animal. I was thinking an unicorn, since it's the steed of the Silver Covenant, at least according to the Argent Tournament since it's the mount we can buy from them.
    I agree that High Elves in Blood Elf armor doesn't look right. But that's because I typically see High Elves on Alliance as way less into decadence than the Sin'dorei.

Think Dalaran vs Silvermoon. Sure they both got spires, but Dalaran looks more humble, whereas Silvermoon is full of night clubs/hookah bars/gold literally lining everything etc jewels up the wahzooo.

I think it's interesting that even Blizzard tends to design Blood Elven things as so lavish, but High Elves are often depicted way less so within the Alliance.

It's good because it emphasizes the dichotomy between the High Elves and Blood Elves.

High Elves are portrayed as exiles, barely any lands of their own, mostly portrayed in military/studious/humble settings (Silver Covenant & 7th Legion, High Elf Sorceresses, Highvales respectively).

Blood Elves on the other hand maintain their lavish lifestyle of decadence and indulge in all they still have and own. This is portrayed by the tourists in Dazar'alor, the city of Silvermoon, and even the regiment of Blood Knights in Nazmir utilizing anima for power.

Obvious case of the haves (Blood Elves) vs the have nots (High Elves). It's really cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Always awesome to see people making new High Elf fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I agree that High Elves in Blood Elf armor doesn't look right. But that's because I typically see High Elves on Alliance as way less into decadence than the Sin'dorei.

Think Dalaran vs Silvermoon. Sure they both got spires, but Dalaran looks more humble, whereas Silvermoon is full of night clubs/hookah bars/gold literally lining everything etc jewels up the wahzooo.

I think it's interesting that even Blizzard tends to design Blood Elven things as so lavish, but High Elves are often depicted way less so within the Alliance.

It's good because it emphasizes the dichotomy between the High Elves and Blood Elves.

High Elves are portrayed as exiles, barely any lands of their own, mostly portrayed in military/studious/humble settings (Silver Covenant & 7th Legion, High Elf Sorceresses, Highvales respectively).
    Dalaran is a human city, we wouldn't be expecting it to show anything 'high elf' about it to counter Blood Elves, as you're suggesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Dalaran is a human city, we wouldn't be expecting it to show anything 'high elf' about it to counter Blood Elves, as you're suggesting.
    Dalaran became and has been a city of humans+high elves for multiple millenia. Thus why it has architecture similar to Silvermoon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran became and has been a city of humans+high elves for multiple millenia. Thus why it has architecture similar to Silvermoon.
    Isn't Dalaran a Thalassian name? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And most of the high elves who dwelt in Dalaran remain either as Kirin Tor Mages, travelled with Jaina to the new Theramore where they likely ended up at the business end of a mana bomb or returned home with Kael, given that Jaina recognised the Sunreavers as the elves who taught Humanity magic and who we know had a long time residence in the city.

The Silver Covenant are latecomers, former Farstriders who left their homeland due to the philosophical split over Illidan's techniques and who likely ended up in Dalaran because that is where Veressa set up the Silver Covenant. In other words, most of the high elves who lived there for generations either left or were thrown out and the majority of the tiny number of high elves who do remain in Dalaran had nothing to do with it's development.

The Sunreavers, or whatever group was their antecedent, had vastly more of an impact on Dalaran's architecture IF there is any elven influence, and that appears to be merely in the eye of the beholder at present.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-03-03 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I'm all for high elves but this just looks off.

I feel like her tattoos and eyes clash too much with the large chunks of gold on her armor, I feel like the gold "wings-y" look with jewels and stuff is more akin to blood elf atire.
    Well, there are some high elves who don't like humble ranger outfits. Mages would surely feel better in blue versions of blood elf robes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Let's make it one day soon!
    As long as its a blizzard soon^tm

As is defined as some time between now and the heat death of the universe.

Real question is what is the expiration date on the optimism in this thread? Because blizzard from my point of view has spent more effort trying to ensure highelves won't be playable than it would have taken to make them.

Gold doesn't mean decadence. Blood elves just live to be elegant.
    Jewels and gold are quite essential to human architecture of Dalaran. However, they had their own twist on it, so the purple would be more visible.

Well, no one lavish would want to leave his palace to fight in enemy army.

I think they are rarely portrayed as studious. Not more than other battlemages.
    Blood Elves on the other hand maintain their lavish lifestyle of decadence and indulge in all they still have and own. This is portrayed by the tourists in Dazar'alor, the city of Silvermoon, and even the regiment of Blood Knights in Nazmir utilizing anima for power.
    They enjoy their lifes a bit more but they can also be shown as hard-working, like on Xibala excavation.
    Obvious case of the haves (Blood Elves) vs the have nots (High Elves). It's really cool.
    Yes, lesser personality differences between political groups are always fun.

Always awesome to see people making new High Elf fanart.
    Yes, this one looks cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

Real question is what is the expiration date on the optimism in this thread? Because blizzard from my point of view has spent more effort trying to ensure highelves won't be playable than it would have taken to make them.
    It seems so. It is just the matter of coding a new Alliance race option and giving it blood elf models.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Snip
    You can extrapolate as much as you want, it doesn't change that Dalaran is popularly known as the city of High Elves and Humans.

Whether it came from the then non-Blood Elves who later became Blood Elves doesn't matter. It's still less human than their kingdoms, but more elfy. And less elfy than Silvermoon, but more human.

It's a blending of styles: High Elf & Human.

Nu Blizzard cares only about cash with little effort in exchange for it. High Elves are ideal to milk playerbase.

Nu Blizzard cares only about cash with little effort in exchange for it. High Elves are ideal to milk playerbase.
    They are. It is the only situation when players ask for reusing old assets.

so why haven't they happend yet?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are. It is the only situation when players ask for reusing old assets.
    I can't wait to open MMOchamp one day to witness trailer for HE, narrated and shiny with a fine ending such as 'purchase 10years subscription and donate your liver'.

so why haven't they happend yet?
    They are waiting for the right time. Maybe when subs drop drastically or to use it as big x incentive purchase, maybe even a shop thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Is it? I'd love to see some proof of that, especially since Dalaran was founded by humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Dalaran was a city-state of the Empire of Arathor, so I'd imagine that "Dalaran" is probably Arathi in nature - or whatever the name of the ancient Human language was (e.g. "Esarus thar no'Darador").
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dalaran was a city-state of the Empire of Arathor, so I'd imagine that "Dalaran" is probably Arathi in nature - or whatever the name of the ancient Human language was (e.g. "Esarus thar no'Darador").
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thalassian_(speculation)
    It's speculative but when you combine Dala and Aran you get 'Well of stars' in Thalassian.

Also, Dalaran was founded after the defeat of the Amani Empire, so it was founded time after the High Elves taught magic to the humans, so they already had relations before the city existed.

I can't wait to open MMOchamp one day to witness trailer for HE, narrated and shiny with a fine ending such as 'purchase 10years subscription and donate your liver'.

They are waiting for the right time. Maybe when subs drop drastically or to use it as big x incentive purchase, maybe even a shop thing.
    Can subs drop anymore than they have over bfa?

Can subs drop anymore than they have over bfa?
    Just sit and watch Shadowlands

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thalassian_(speculation)
    It's speculative but when you combine Dala and Aran you get 'Well of stars' in Thalassian.

Also, Dalaran was founded after the defeat of the Amani Empire, so it was founded time after the High Elves taught magic to the humans, so they already had relations before the city existed.
    Actually Dalaran was founded first by Arathi magi it was only after their use of magic started causing them problems that Silvermoon sent elves to help them.