Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Oh, they changed it, did they?
    Almost 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I can tell you right now that over 90% of the population in the game are NOT buying ILLEGAL gold from SHADY "MOBSTERS" and the fact it is LEGAL to buy that crap right now means the game literally turns P2W. Buy gear, buy raid spots, buy EVERYTHING in the game. The gold is the most valuable resource in Vanilla WoW. It can get you mounts, gear, enchants, everything. If the WoW token comes that 90% which are not currently selling and buying gold will become less than 20%. Everyone will be buying the gold because it is "lEgAl" and easy to do so. I mean, why wouldn't you spend $20 to get 400 or 500 gold? It will save you days of grinding. The game loses it's meaning for me if this becomes a reality to Europe and NA.
    God forbid that people may actually do fun things in game instead of wasting days on grinding gold.

Back then the game started to be super fun for me when I finally decided to buy 20k golds and stopped wasting time grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    You're delusional if you think this is China only. Give it a few weeks/months. WoW Classic was getting too big so they are deciding to kill it so they can sell more Shadowlands pre-orders.
    That is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever seen made. The classic sub is the same as the retail sub and it gives them a chance to shove Shadowlands in the face of every classic player every time the launch the game.

Driving those people away so they will through some other roundabout magical route come to have shadowlands pre-orders shoved in their face every time they sit down to game is some pretty goddamned stupid marketing.

People who like classic may or may not want to buy shadowlands, but i'm guessing that people who play classic getting pissed off isn't going to make them more likely to buy the next retail expansion than if they were just passively exposed to it constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized this says Hot Sands Group. Goblins of the Hot Sands Group. What the fuck is that lol

But yeah if they added these tokens to classic WoW I’ve decided I will end my subscription. This is the longest I’ve been subbed to WoW without a break since MoP but I can’t accept them putting tokens in without addressing the other problems plaguing classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    God forbid that people may actually do fun things in game instead of wasting days on grinding gold.

Back then the game started to be super fun for me when I finally decided to buy 20k golds and stopped wasting time grinding.
    Grinding was always a large part of classic. It’s part of the whole deal. Getting rid of it means you may as well go down the slippery slope and throw in LFD.

This version of classic has already been insulting with some of the shit blizzard pulled. Like adding cross realm battlegrounds and server transfers. Yes they were out in vanilla but not until the tail end of the game. Cross realm battlegrounds especially were literally added right before tbc. So adding that and calling it classic was a bit insulting since we had MORE classic without these two things than we did with classic. If anything they should have added these two according to the phase they came in. But oh well too late to put that genie back in the bottle.

But blizzard legalizing gold selling and shit in classic with tokens is a bridge way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I just realized this says Hot Sands Group. Goblins of the Hot Sands Group. What the fuck is that lol

But yeah if they added these tokens to classic WoW I’ve decided I will end my subscription. This is the longest I’ve been subbed to WoW without a break since MoP but I can’t accept them putting tokens in without addressing the other problems plaguing classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Grinding was always a large part of classic. It’s part of the whole deal. Getting rid of it means you may as well go down the slippery slope and throw in LFD.

This version of classic has already been insulting with some of the shit blizzard pulled. Like adding cross realm battlegrounds and server transfers. Yes they were out in vanilla but not until the tail end of the game. Cross realm battlegrounds especially were literally added right before tbc. So adding that and calling it classic was a bit insulting since we had MORE classic without these two things than we did with classic. If anything they should have added these two according to the phase they came in. But oh well too late to put that genie back in the bottle.

But blizzard legalizing gold selling and shit in classic with tokens is a bridge way too far.
    Going by feet has been also a large part of human history but now we have cars an planes. I am perfectly aware of grinding gold being an activity back then, I was there, but it was a wrong type of activity.

But if I can in some way understand what are you trying to say about gold, I don’t agree about CRB. Hours of queue to join a BG were not right in the slightest. And today it would be even worse because horde outnumbers alliance far more than 15 years ago. I really cannot see how you can think that CRB are bad, who cares if they’ve been anticipated, it has no impact on gameplay mechanics, it’s only good for players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Going by feet has been also a large part of human history but now we have cars an planes. I am perfectly aware of grinding gold being an activity back then, I was there, but it was a wrong type of activity.

But if I can in some way understand what are you trying to say about gold, I don’t agree about CRB. Hours of queue to join a BG were not right in the slightest. And today it would be even worse because horde outnumbers alliance far more than 15 years ago. I really cannot see how you can think that CRB are bad, who cares if they’ve been anticipated, it has no impact on gameplay mechanics, it’s only good for players.
    First off just because you view farming gold as the wrong kind of activity doesn't make it so. Some people want LFD because they think its stupid to have to make groups. Some people want dual spec because they dislike respeccing. Any changes and this gets further and further away from vanilla. And it's already pretty far.

Secondly, you still sit in a queue for an hour to join AV. And on my server Heartseeker if they had given us server only BGs, I would have had instant queues and the alliance would have had long ones. I rolled there as horde purposely because it was one of the few horde realms where alliance outnumbered horde significantly.

And there is 100% an impact on the game. Cross realm BGs murdered realm communities. You can go look at every single realm's discord and check their "Salt" or "cross faction banter" channel. You'll notice that the chatter was cut immensely after BGs came out. We never see the opposite faction anymore so rivalries are gone. And that sucks. Phase 2 was a blast. I made friends and rivals and I was far from the only one who did. I thought BGs would be a way to continue that. But no, I'll never see the groups I fought against in Phase 2 in battlegrounds unless we're very lucky. Instead I see names I don't know and won't remember because I will likely not see them again anytime soon if at all.