Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Warfronts - do you actually enjoy them?

Read the headline.

Not at all. They are a boring chore.

But (for the most part) I love the gear they bring.

A thing about conversations/threads is; you are actually supposed to put in some effort when you start one by offering your own opinion and the explanation of why you think that way.

Well they are a new way to get some unique new looks. A bi-weekly activity to do on alts for transmog-unlocks.
    For the 1st few times they are actually pretty enjoyable too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its super boring. Simple as that. Just like Islands, just with more people and dragged out.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The first time going into Battle for Stromgarde was really epic. It totally captured the essence of the RTS game, and we were part of the battle. Same with Darkshore.

Doing them on heroic as a guild is also a lot of fun.

Their limitation is that they're not particularly repeatable. I did them once per cycle for a few months and then felt that was enough. When they released the heroic versions, that was enough reason to go back a few more cycles.

And that's fine. Not all content needs to be something that is played to death. And I think that's where a lot of players went badly wrong, particularly at the start, when they just ran Stromgarde over and over ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    For the 1st few times they are actually pretty enjoyable too.
    And is that good enough for you?

They’re boring and just a snore fest. Making it heroic was just a bad decision and makes it a longer snooze fest. Should have just normal stromgarde and dark shore and just stopped and focused on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes. The first time going into Battle for Stromgarde was really epic. It totally captured the essence of the RTS game, and we were part of the battle. Same with Darkshore.

Doing them on heroic as a guild is also a lot of fun.
    How do you feel about the fact that they are very easy to win? To me it reduces the value of doing anything meaningful during the Warfront when running around like a headless chicken will yield you the same result in the end.

Yes. The first time going into Battle for Stromgarde was really epic. It totally captured the essence of the RTS game, and we were part of the battle.
    that is either sarcasm or you never played any warcraft rts because warfronts - contrary to the blizzcon announcement are NOTHING like the RTS.

And no they are boring as hell and badly done. Even Blizzard acknowledge that they are bad by scrapping every warfront after Darkshore, like the Barrens one.

Honestly, No.
    Am I doing them anyway?
    Yes, as they give nice 460 Gear and are the fastest way to get those badges for the Mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I can do it from time to time. I think if there will be no valuable reward i wouldnt touch it :P Boring ass hell. Its like meat grinding nothin else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope... Never did, never will.

I only do heroic (which completes both quests) for the reward and then count my blessings that I don't have to do it for another 4 weeks.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    that is either sarcasm or you never played any warcraft rts because warfronts - contrary to the blizzcon announcement are NOTHING like the RTS.
    Not sarcasm. Yes I played the RTS. Your comment here is just immature.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    And no they are boring as hell and badly done. Even Blizzard acknowledge that they are bad by scrapping every warfront after Darkshore, like the Barrens one.
    You're welcome to have your opinion that they're boring (for you). And hell, a lot of people might even agree, especially in an echo chamber like MMO-C which tends to harbour a particular mindset.

But they definitely aren't "badly done". And no, Blizzard didn't acknowledge that they're bad, simply that they weren't as well received as they'd hoped.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-03-03 at 09:50 AM.

I quite liked Stromgarde as going out to gather wood or metal then intercepting enemy patrols or helping to take a node on the map felt like I was actively participating and making a small but real contribution. Then with Darkshore the largely passive generation of resources felt like I could afk for a length of time and it would have little effect on the outcome.

I tried it about 2-3 times and then quit and haven't Subscribed since.

I like to give each expansion a fair shot, but I do get bored very quickly, unfortunately. Except Raids and Mythics, the game is not very challenging (everything awards you an epic item for doing nothing), faceroll-y, and all about rushing, which I don't like. Then again, Vanilla WoW is too outdated and too dull and slow for my taste, too. I preferred something like the WoTLK, Cata, MoP game models.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I quite liked Stromgarde as going out to gather wood or metal then intercepting enemy patrols or helping to take a node on the map felt like I was actively participating and making a small but real contribution.
    I never got that feeling even in Stromgarde. It all just seem meaningless to me when you win no matter what you do (almost).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How do you feel about the fact that they are very easy to win?
    I am fine with it. The point of warfronts was never to provide challenging content.

And the heroic version is actually quite easily loseable if your group screws around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    To me it reduces the value of doing anything meaningful during the Warfront when running around like a headless chicken will yield you the same result in the end.
    Well that really depends on what you mean by "yielding the same result". In the warfront you do get to be involved, and doing so speeds up the progress of the warfront.

I guess it's a bit like LFR. You can freeload if you really want to, but ultimately you get out what you put in. So that's the attitude I take. And my perception is that most other participants do the same.

I am fine with it. The point of warfronts was never to provide challenging content.

And the heroic version is actually quite easily loseable if your group screws around.

Well that really depends on what you mean by "yielding the same result". In the warfront you do get to be involved, and doing so speeds up the progress of the warfront.

I guess it's a bit like LFR. You can freeload if you really want to, but ultimately you get out what you put in. So that's the attitude I take. And my perception is that most other participants do the same.
    I just don’t like content that you’ll win no matter what. It seems pointless to me. I know you in theory can lose a Warfront but I have never talked to anyone who actually managed to lose one.

If it was more varied, dynamic and challenging, it could have been the best feature of BfA.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like what they implement since I get some kind of emotional tie to it due to playing dozens of hours in it, but if we could go back I think I would prefer to play simple raid/dungeons with high quality like vanilla dungeons which feels richer and deeper than most new dungeons for some reason