Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It may be pretty easy for people to miss that the 8.2 quests start with regular quests and that they're necessary in order to make the 8.3 stuff available. Players who were looking for the legendary quest-line would probably look for legendary quality quests first instinctively and especially if people are working on alts or freshly boosted characters may have ended up focusing on the wrong quest-lines to proceed to the Cloak, even though the quest log will tell players to do the 8.2 normal-quality quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's not my opinion, it's a fact when the vast majority of the playerbase is expressing displeasure either vocally or by quitting. The game is practically barren now and we're still over half a year away from Shadowlands release. This is significantly worse than Warlords ever was.
    Unless you can provide sub numbers (which you can't) or an adequate representation of the mood in the playerbase (which you can't, MMO-C does not represent even a fraction and draws in a lot more whiners then anything else), then yes it IS your opinion. You have nothing to support it that would make it more then that. But sure keep believing in your opinion. Saying it is anything more then that is simply a lie though.
    While I too have no sub numbers to share I am 99% certain that the end of WoD saw a ton less activity then what we are seeing at the moment, considering there was an actual draught of content with no WQs, no M+, no new Raid... but that is just my opinion.

As for the cloak article. It is kinda obvious. It is meant for casual players checking 8.3 those that do not constantly visitIcy Veins, Wowhead and MMO-C and it is timed now because next week the last wing of LFR opens and you cannot do the N'zoth fights without the cloak. Even though I am sure there will be people zoning into it without the cloak and wipe the groups.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard (obviously) knows the level of all legendary cloaks on HER game, so this poll is just another try to promote this absurd patch.

once it got to the point i needed 8 pages, i stopped giving a crap. seriously.

at this point, at the rate they're nerfing it.... there's no reason for me to stay on top of it. especially considering my corruption RNG isn't very good and what few items I do have, are still under 40 corruption.

I've heard rumblings, ONLY in the forums about RNG making you a god. But hasn't RNG always been a huge factor in that scenario....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Is the on use effect of the cloak effective at all in pvp?
    in AB, for sure. but i haven't played BGs really since Wintergrasp. But Lumber Mill comes to mind when slow fall can be a good thing.

My husband still doesn't have his cloak, mostly because he's still finishing the 8.2 content. With the last wing of RaidFinder coming out soon, I imagine it's important that people know about the cloak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they made a very BS flaw with this system.

Back in legion at the start of the expansion, be it on our mains or alts, we all got the quest chain to get an artifact weapon, which we needed in order to advance though the game. This wasn't bad because we'd just be starting out on a fresh lv100 character, and each artifact weapon quest was unique, making it feel less like a chore to get it, and plus because it was at lv100 he got experience to continue leveling whole getting the essential thing we needed.

With the cloak, they Think their doing the same thing, how we can't really do 8.3 content without the cloak, the visions and all that crap. I did the full quest chain, and got my mains cloak up to some decent corruption resistance, so any corrupted gear I've gotten is mitigated.

But this is where they f**ked up. Nobody minds doing stuff like this on their mains. However, having to do this on your alts, having to do the Exact same ques chain every time on another alt (unlike the different artifact chains in legion) it becomes very tedious after the third time. Even when you can skip some of it now, its still an hour or more of your time you need to put to it, just to unlock a feature you need to order to play 8.3.

And some might try and argue 'well you don't really need all your alts to have the cloak'. Wrong. Because as I found out, even on casual alts, as in just doing something different on another class for a break from playing your main, the new system has made gearing alts at 120 a trial, because an alt can now get corrupted gear from doing dailies, even if they haven't done any of the 8.3 content yet, you still get corrupted gear, and without the cape to mitigate the corruption it makes playing an alt all the more difficult, forcing you to go though the same bs quest chain to get a cape on an alt your probably never get past lv1 on the cape corruption protection.

There wasn't any kind of bs like this in legion. You could just play your main and raid and gear and do whatever you wanted, and then casually play an alt to pass the time in enjoying another class for a break. But now, your being forced into a monotonous system that died in the water 3-4 alts ago.
    This is even worse for the neck. I really didn't like that quest chain, and I even skipped it on my mage. He can't do the main plotlines in BfA zones. He can't queue for dungeons. He's just been leveling up on side quests, but I'll be damned if I end up getting ANOTHER neck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Picander View Post
    Blizzard (obviously) knows the level of all legendary cloaks on HER game, so this poll is just another try to promote this absurd patch.
    Her?

:thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you mean when they pull the boss that insta kills you if you dont have the cloak?

1. blizz will remove that mechanic
    2. blizz will make it so you require the cloak to qeue
    3. blizz iwll do nothing and i will laugh my fucking ass off seeing people rage wondering why they got insta killed.

- - - Updated - - -

you should get it to atleast 15, knowing blizz next expac you wont be able to obtain it, and in the future wont it be nice for you to be able to show off you got the cape to max? and maybe did 5 mask of each area?
    ive already 5 masked org, and gunna do stormwind next week, i plan to get to 15, do 5 of stormwind, then i think stop doing them, cause yeah i just wana be able to have it in the future.
    My cloak is already 12 so I at least have my transmogs for it. ilvl I don't know if i really care at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    My cloak is already 12 so I at least have my transmogs for it. ilvl I don't know if i really care at this point.
    there is an acheive for getting it to 15.
    which is part of a large meta-acheive so i reccomend getting to 15.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is an acheive for getting it to 15.
    which is part of a large meta-acheive so i reccomend getting to 15.
    Never cared for achieves. If I get it great; If I don't I don't really care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Waah! Blizzard there's nothing to do in this game, where's the content!"
    It's a complaint that is rarely voiced these days.
    Even if people say "there's nothing to do", then it usually means "There's nothing to do i haven't done X times already" or "There's nothing to do that i enjoy".

Developers should obviously see past this complaint and not frantically add content into the game so people have something to do for the sake of doing it.

The problem of this questchain isn't its length, nor its design (altough it could've been better), it's that a lot of people aren't that happy with the game, so anything that's not super fun gets amplified by a large degree.

I mean, at the end of the day it's just a 1-2h chain, that's not much.
    However, you don't solve the underlying problem of it if you just drop the cloak into people's bag, then they are most likely too bored by dailies and visions in order to upgrade it, what do you want to do then, drop the upgrade item into people's inventory as well.
    Continuing this train of thought leads to a point where the game plays itself.

I don't think you can currently view at a single point or system within WoW and say "that's the reason why it's not fun", there are people that are unhappy with the overall state of the game, which however leads some people attempting to isolate the issue onto this one problem.

That aside, i also believe that a not too insignificant portion of the player has become completely detached from the focus on <current content> as well as power progression and simply treats the game as some sort of massive collectible game.

The questline is fine for my main, albeit massively grindy for alts.

the things that annoy me most are -

1) The graphical effect of corruption. I wish there was a way to hide this and don't want it ruining my transmog for the next year

2) A way to remove corruption before even starting the quests. Alts can get corrupted gear to drop from all sorts of sources, but until they've completed the whole quest chain in its near entirety there's no way to even remove the effects. Tried to level and gear up my Hunter - Currently she's so corrupted that if she tries to even move she basically just explodes.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Never cared for achieves. If I get it great; If I don't I don't really care lol.
    At least you cared about the generic cloak tmog. xD

hmm, didnt lfr last wing just release?

Could be that blizz noticed a large amount of players getting insta mcd on carapice?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's a complaint that is rarely voiced these days.
    Even if people say "there's nothing to do", then it usually means "There's nothing to do i haven't done X times already" or "There's nothing to do that i enjoy".

Developers should obviously see past this complaint and not frantically add content into the game so people have something to do for the sake of doing it.

The problem of this questchain isn't its length, nor its design (altough it could've been better), it's that a lot of people aren't that happy with the game, so anything that's not super fun gets amplified by a large degree.

I mean, at the end of the day it's just a 1-2h chain, that's not much.
    However, you don't solve the underlying problem of it if you just drop the cloak into people's bag, then they are most likely too bored by dailies and visions in order to upgrade it, what do you want to do then, drop the upgrade item into people's inventory as well.
    Continuing this train of thought leads to a point where the game plays itself.

I don't think you can currently view at a single point or system within WoW and say "that's the reason why it's not fun", there are people that are unhappy with the overall state of the game, which however leads some people attempting to isolate the issue onto this one problem.

That aside, i also believe that a not too insignificant portion of the player has become completely detached from the focus on <current content> as well as power progression and simply treats the game as some sort of massive collectible game.
    I think the issue with "You can't find the point or system." comes back to a problem of you put 100 wow fans in a room, lock it until they come to a consensus of what is right/wrong you'd end up with a blood bath until 1 person is left standing arguing with themself over what they want.

1 Person will point at A and say that's fine. 99 others will foam at mouth over it.
    1 other person will point at B say that's fine. 99 others (including first person) will foam at mouth over it.

Repeat this with every one of those 100 people. You'll find the majority might hate all the things, but everyone likes something so different that you'll never get a consensus on where to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

not really "generic" its pretty fucking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I like transmog hah

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I think the issue with "You can't find the point or system." comes back to a problem of you put 100 wow fans in a room, lock it until they come to a consensus of what is right/wrong you'd end up with a blood bath until 1 person is left standing arguing with themself over what they want.

1 Person will point at A and say that's fine. 99 others will foam at mouth over it.
    1 other person will point at B say that's fine. 99 others (including first person) will foam at mouth over it.

Repeat this with every one of those 100 people. You'll find the majority might hate all the things, but everyone likes something so different that you'll never get a consensus on where to go with it.
    Obviously yes, but i think one should look perhaps for the underlying issue.

You might have people that say that they no longer PvP because there are no vendors, some might complain over the heavy RNG factor when it comes to gearing, the AP Farm, etc..
    Could it be that there is possibly some underlying issue regarding gearing / power progression...?

Of course, some complaints are in direct opposition to each other, but the attempt to please everybody just doesn't work, all you get out of that is a lost identity.
    If "people disagree with each other" is the reason you decide to do nothing (or not change anything) then the entire feedback process is by default irrelevant because that's always a given.

Pick a lane and make the best out of it, the dev currently are on this zigzag course with the game where you have absolutely no clue who or what the target audience is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Obviously yes, but i think one should look perhaps for the underlying issue.

You might have people that say that they no longer PvP because there are no vendors, some might complain over the heavy RNG factor when it comes to gearing, the AP Farm, etc..
    Could it be that there is possibly some underlying issue regarding gearing / power progression...?

Of course, some complaints are in direct opposition to each other, but the attempt to please everybody just doesn't work, all you get out of that is a lost identity.
    If "people disagree with each other" is the reason you decide to do nothing (or not change anything) then the entire feedback process is by default irrelevant because that's always a given.

Pick a lane and make the best out of it, the dev currently are on this zigzag course with the game where you have absolutely no clue who or what the target audience is.
    So tell one group ok tell another group fuck off? That also doesn't work either. You need a game that says "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."

5+ Year Old Account
    "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."
    Which is not only unfeasible, but also while trying to please everyone, you might very well ending up pleasing (almost) no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

So tell one group ok tell another group fuck off? That also doesn't work either. You need a game that says "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."
    Okay, take a look at WoW.

It was the most successful when the actual endgame was just dungeon and raid content, is that the recipe to success by that logic?
    It's not, the key is to make the game as fun as possible, and quite frankly, the key there is quite often simplicity, which you absolutely won't achieve if you try to create a specifically designed niche around almost game mode imagineable within your genre, it will just dilute your game.

Of course you want to target a large audience, but you need to realize that certain aspects cannot be reunited with each other, then you need to pick a side and make it as good as possible and try to win over people with that aspect.

I'm a hardcore raider on retail and would be completely fine with WoW becoming more difficult on a general basis - yet i also enjoy classic, a game where even high end content is actually anything but difficult (and i have honestly no problem with classic being easy).
    Or even take Witcher 3, it's a great game, but it's not one you will look at when it comes super amazing gameplay or customization as far as RPG's are concerned, its strength is the world and story it told, the devs know that and played their hand correctly.

If you want to target a lot of people, you need to keep it simple and not try to build 15 different game modes with "full" balance support next to each other that are one massive shitshow to design around when looking on the game as a whole.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-03 at 08:23 PM.