Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You could post on different realm forums to help have a guild lined up, that's willing to take you in when you 60 for raiding if you're looking to raid. They might even help the leveling process, if you're interested in receiving help. This way you can pick a role with some comfort of a home. If you're just looking to level, dungeon, or other things outside of raiding then that's a little less important.

The population census data isn't as accurate as it use to be, and it wasn't ever 100% accurate anyways but held a good idea of population for each server. You can use this to help narrow it down to a few servers to begin your search on.

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    Hey Team,

Just starting Wow Classic now as I finally have the time again ,

Any advice for a good NA Pvp server I generally like pretty full busy servers even if there is queues or else the world feels too empty for me,

Now the game has been out for awhile I'm happy to play any role / class is there any feeling for what roles are more in demand tank/dps/healers

Thanks
    Hey! Welcome. (Hope this message finds you through all the circle jerk replies!)

Checkout https://ironforge.pro/servers/ and pick your server with the population you want.

Consider faction balance (if getting ganked is a worry) and also consider if you like farming in the world as this won’t be easy in super populated servers.

Tips
    For classic leveling: If you don’t know quest hubs well you mate want to read a guide to see what areas people go to at certain levels.

Non-optimal: spec of enh/Lee shaman, ret & prot paladin, will make getting a group hard but not completely impossible. The game is not tuned so that you have a fighting chance although mainly you’ll notice that come raid time

Bag space: scarce and hard to manage. Best trick is to mail spare items to an alt. When you click “return” the mail goes back instantly and then it can sit in your inbox for 30days to use whenever you wish!

Lastly be sure to /wave people and engage in small chit chat. Ask if anyone wants to group up for quests and make friends! Classic can’t really be a solo game (not fun anyway!)

Good luck and hope you enjoy!

Edit: Lastly find the discord for the server you pick. Lots more happening on discord!

I play both. You even saying the outside world in bfa is more engaging is a joke.

When you can lvl 1-120 in nothing but white gear and take on 5 to 10 mobs at a time. Something is wrong.

Which ive done multipe times.

Holy shit.
    Literally 2nd post and there is already reply 'Classic is bad'.
    And some people say that Classic players are toxic in retail threads... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    PvP is not better in retail lol. Retail PvP is the worst its ever been... classic dungeons are far superior to retail dungeons, unless youre specifically talking about mythic+. The "out of raid content" in retail is either tedious, un-engaging and feels like a chore, or youre farming tmog sets. Unless you like warfronts and islands, in which case youre a minority.
    And even those chores are more than Classic has to offer in their stead, which is pretty sad for both.

Retail PvP beats Classic PvP any day. Yea, retail PvP is not the greatest in WoW history, but it's far from worst. Classic is actually the worst. Shitawful balance all around with a handful of ridiculous classes/specs that just decimate everything.

But hey, still having more fun in Classic than in retail right now. Hope Shadowlands can change the course of retail to better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy shit.
    Literally 2nd post and there is already reply 'Classic is bad'.
    And some people say that Classic players are toxic in retail threads... lol.
    "Classic is bad" was literally never mentioned anywhere in the 2nd post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    BfA is a black hole. A void of nothing.
    No community.
    Can (and will) be played solo and without ever saying a word.

Classic is the one and only good MMORPG of the market.

Facts
    Last I checked, opinion =/= fact.

You like it. That's great. There are a number of people that don't. Myself included. Every one has a different boat to float.

Hey Team,

Any advice for a good NA Pvp server I generally like pretty full busy servers even if there is queues or else the world feels too empty for me,

Now the game has been out for awhile I'm happy to play any role / class is there any feeling for what roles are more in demand tank/dps/healers

Thanks
    Well, tanks are always in demand, on any server. Then heals, then dps. I can't recommend a server specifically, but as others mentioned, you probably do want to go to a high pop server.

Never mind all the Classic vs. Retail comments in the thread; those are two vastly different games anymore.

I engaged in world pvp with 32 people in felwood while farming herbs, killing fire ele's for fire elementals, and whipper root tubers. Oh and im a warrior, supposedly the worst 1v1 class and I won 9 out of 10 times. Classic isnt for everyone but its the bees knees for me. Dungeon Gear and some mc gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    "Classic is bad" was literally never mentioned anywhere in the 2nd post.
    'Classic is actually a broken game. Might as well play BfA, if you like World of Warcraft.'

Yeah. That totally does not sound like 'Classic is bad'. What am i even thinking??
    This post is not even an answer for OP's question.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    BfA is a black hole. A void of nothing.
    No community.
    Can (and will) be played solo and without ever saying a word.

Classic is the one and only good MMORPG of the market.

Facts
    *Perception. If you just *quest* in classic you will also not talk to people. Do you know when you talk to people? When you *choose* to engage in the social parts of WoW, which are different for BFA and Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Team,

Thanks
    Depends on your goals. If you want to PvP, play whatever role/class you want (no one can "decline" you for being x spec). In PvE, it depends. Tanks for example are in super high demand for dungeons, but to join a guild as a tank is quite tough, nearly impossible. You can work your way there through competence though.

All in all, I'd go for something you also enjoy while leveling since this will take days (5+, if you are not experienced in classic), even longer on an active PvP server.

- - - Updated - - -

'Classic is actually a broken game. Might as well play BfA, if you like World of Warcraft.'

Yeah. That totally does not sound like 'Classic is bad'. What am i even thinking??
    This post is not even an answer for OP's question.
    And the third post was: "No you".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Classic is actually a broken game. Might as well play BfA, if you like World of Warcraft.

Or play it for a while? Just to get it out of your system. That seems worked for many.
    What do you mean classic is broken game? I dont get it. BfA is fun for a week to month top ofc if u had break of the game before.

Oh look, people arguing what is best of retail and classic, that's something new and original. They are two different games, for two different kind of audiences. Don't like retail? Fine, don't like Classic? Ok.

To me Classic is far more fun, due to a bigger community, and I like the simplicity of it.

To the OP; I don't know anything about NA servers sadly, not sure if some of them got queues still? But go for a full one, sitting in queue might be boring, but playing on a dead server is even more so. (tip: use Steamlink or something similar to log in earlier, for instance while driving home from work/school. You just got to turn on your computer in the morning, so you can log in via your phone.)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    And the third post was: "No you".
    The difference is: we are in Classic thread not BFA one.

Edit: My bad you are right, I thought OP asked If to play and which server, not just which server.

Tanks are only in high demand for 5 man dungeons, in raiding you’ll struggle to find spots for tanking. If you want to have access to groups at every step of the way then go Warrior (DPS/Tank) or Priest (Heal/DPS), both are strong raiding classes and pvp classes.
    You could go druid but be aware that none of the druid specs are close to as good as "pure classes".
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Have to agree with him though, I tried to make a retail comeback in 8.3 but got bored to shit after few weeks with the endless daily grind. Classic is just much more fun right now. I really hope they will somehow turn retail away from that annoying endless grind mode with Shadowlands.
    Out of curiosity how is retail more of a grind than classic?

Classic requires like 40 hours of mindless grinding to hit level 60 (or more if you aren't being efficient), followed by grinding the same 5 max level dungeons about 100 times each for full BiS gear, followed by doing the same two raids once a week for 3 months at a time until a new raid releases which you'll full clear the first night and then mindlessly grind for the next 3 months until another new raid and the cycle repeats.

Sure, retail has some grinds in it, but to claim it's grindy than classic is basically laughable. All of classic is a massive mindless timesink.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I wouldn't listen to him, he's clearly mad because Classic is popular and BFA is a garbage, dead tumbleweed.
    BFA is far from dead, if you actualy played it, you would know

and BOTH classic and bfa are popular AND garbare, you know those things arent mutualy exclusive, just look at popular music or pretty much any form of art...

- - - Updated - - -

and if you went to BFA thread it would be the same, just other way around

i dont know where people get this idea that all morons play one game and none play the other...

Alot of opinions presented as facts in this thread.

Easiest way to find a server with alot of people would probably be keep a eye on server list at the times when you will be able to play, a server with high pop at your play time is better then a higher population server that goes to medium or even low at the times when you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Out of curiosity how is retail more of a grind than classic?

Classic requires like 40 hours of mindless grinding to hit level 60 (or more if you aren't being efficient), followed by grinding the same 5 max level dungeons about 100 times each for full BiS gear, followed by doing the same two raids once a week for 3 months at a time until a new raid releases which you'll full clear the first night and then mindlessly grind for the next 3 months until another new raid and the cycle repeats.

Sure, retail has some grinds in it, but to claim it's grindy than classic is basically laughable. All of classic is a massive mindless timesink.
    Think you’re grossly exaggerating the number of dungeons you do to get pre-raid BIS, while leveling I did maybe 10 hours of grinding mobs for xp and gold- not 40.

Both classic and retail are timesinks and "grindy", however once you start raiding in classic you can raidlog, play alts, pvp or do what you want. In retail you never stop grinding.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Hey Team,

Thanks
    cant give advice about the server, im from EU, classwise it doesnt really matter. if you wanna be flexible i cant recommed druid enough. its a underplayed class to begin with and you can tank 5mans with your dps specc easy. the leveling is also super chill.