Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lol greyman talking about trust between faction. While he is the last one who tried to assassinate the other faction leader in time of peace.
    And of course, nobody reacts.
    It will be an other retarded book.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The summary is all about Horde and has some story in to it, while a full page of Alliance characters chatting can entirely be dismissed and you feel nothing is missed in the story at all! pfff....

Just imagine prepurchase anything from Blizz in 2020 OMEGALUL.

Umm, but wasn't Varian THE High Commander of the Alliance armies? It was always said how he's not the leader of all Alliance races per se, but he command their armies. If Turalyon is the High Commander now, then who is Anduin exactly? Degraded to the King of Stormwind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh I hate Cringemane, every time he's on screen / in a page all he says is "Let's go to effin war!!!"

Dude needs to go try kill one of the leaders and die trying.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Umm, but wasn't Varian THE High Commander of the Alliance armies? It was always said how he's not the leader of all Alliance races per se, but he command their armies. If Turalyon is the High Commander now, then who is Anduin exactly? Degraded to the King of Stormwind?

Think it's more like: king rules the alliance, HC commands the armies (in King's name). This way Anduin doesn't have to go to every battle, he can just send Turalyon in his place.
    Last edited by Denizly; 2020-03-04 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard has only gained the reputation of retconning the validity of the books relatively recently...
    Such as relegating Chronicle as a Titan PoV when it was marketed as being the codification of WoW's lore.
    Or such as making specific character motivations from Before the Storm are incongruent with the oh-so-brilliantly crafted narrative we have going into Shadowlands.
    Or its almost like people just started to care about retcon of lore, since vanilla wow retconed a shit ton of lore from warcraft 1,2 and 3 and no one seemed to care back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Such as relegating Chronicle as a Titan PoV when it was marketed as being the codification of WoW's lore.
    I generally don't jump in on such negatively slanted discussions... but I'll admit to being glad that at least some of us are not letting them off the hook for this. This was a bigger deal than the noise coming out of Blizzcon allowed for it to have.

Just my opinion. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but this will be "the retcon" I'll always remember first when these retcon-based grumblings start.

I just dislike how much the titans are often the awkwardly inserted embodiment of "unreliable narrator" in places where some solid foundation would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Think it's more like: king rules the alliance, HC commands the armies (in King's name). This way Anduin doesn't have to go to every battle, he can just send Turalyon in his place.
    But that's the thing: Varian/Anduin were never rulers of the Alliance. They weren't like the Warchief of the Horde, who holds ultimate power over all of the Horde races. The role of the High King (which was already misleading in the name) was to command the armies of the Alliance during the war. Besides that, the Alliance races had a freedom to do whatever they wanted. It was the main difference between the ruling structures of the Alliance and the Horde.

you knwo what ?

screw Blizzard for not bringing dark rangers into Shadowlands and new class since both BfA and shadowlands lore seems to be putting them on pedestal.

Here's a book that's trying to explain things that should be said in-game. Enjoy and pay up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Lol greyman talking about trust between faction. While he is the last one who tried to assassinate the other faction leader in time of peace.
    Yeah, not to mention that Sylvanas was up to all good amirite.

If not for Greymane we would maybe be in Shadowlands already... Damn it Genn!

Really wish they'd keep the story and plot of an rpg in the rpg -_-

Of course, why explain the story development in the actual game or a video of sorts?

Want to know what is going on in the story? Pre-purchase the book m***********s, otherwise hack and slash mobs.

I like what I'm reading here, I'll be waiting for this book on the 14th of july! Sometimes you can't expand as much as a book in game and I like this kind of prequels that delve quite a lot into the characters in a way that a MMORPG can't do, love it!

I kind of get why people who don't like reading books whine about this, it's a shame you don't like reading. And if you don't want to pay you can always find it uploaded in some place so that's not really a valid point.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2020-03-04 at 11:04 AM.

Seriously. Who preorders a book? I mean, what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    People who loves reading and likes this kind of stuff, like me for example, I don't see the problem of liking this

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    people with a lot of disposable income who dont have to worry about 20-30 $ here and there,

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people with a lot of disposable income who dont have to worry about 20-30 $ here and there,
    While that's "true", it's kind of despective the way you word it, I don't buy it because I have the "disposable" income I buy it because I like it, man you people sure like to push your ways of seeing things onto others

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you struggle for 20$ you should have higher priorities than video games and their story in the first place.
    Also this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    If you struggle for 20$ you should have higher priorities than video games and their story in the first place. People like to read, easy as that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Blizzard have learned nothing, in trying to tell the main story of WoW outside of WoW, and not really in it anymore.