Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    By looking at the constant nerf from Blizzard, this is a hated content.

It is intentionally designed to annoy people.

Well, tried 5 mask SW today. First run wasnt super optimal, died to the elite in the center of mage quarter.

Second run, with lucky gift procs and well placed sanity potions, i made it to alleria. Got her to like 10% hp and her void explosion hit me even though i was behind a column and drained the rest of my sanity. High quality. I shut down wow without even collecting the useless caches.

The more I think, the more I agree with some people. 5 mask is too hard if you dont have instant self heals, aoe stuns and burst aoe dmg and interrupts on low cd (hint hint, dh). And even ignoring that, its buggy (encountered 3 bugs so far, with 2 of them being game changing).

Overall, was fun until class balance started to matter too much.

I did 5 masks stormwind solo with my enhanc shaman. Stormwind just sucks, everything. Alleria as melee is horrible. It wasn't too hard overall, I was being overly cautious with orbs using them more for safety measures than necessity.

The mage quarter and Umbric are just annoying as hell, now that I know the place it's somewhat fine, but Stormwind overall is such a god damn maze...

7+ Year Old Account
    OG yes
    SW no

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Just take the damage. Not much you can do about it. The important thing with the hulk anyway is to move out of the followup attack when he jumps on you. Same with Umbric, you cannot really interrupt all his entropic missiles without risking not having an interrupt for polymorph so you are better off taking it. Heck same with the miniboss in trade district who chaincasts or the warlock in Mage Tower as melee (good luck moving him out of his rain of fire with leaden foot; personally I just bubble and kill him inside his AoE)
    Really on a solo run, it's not like you can avoid all sanity damage. Maybe at low mask runs when you can burn the bosses so fast they never do anything.
    Umbric pisses me off, as he and the Voidcrazed Hulk are the only ones with unavoidable sanity damage that I've met.

The miniboss in the Trade district is not that hard to deal, as I just blow all my CDs to kill him before he has a chance of using the spell a second time, since the actual boss of the zone doesn't have any unavoidable sanity sappers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Alleria as melee is horrible.
    Alleria became ten times easier for me the moment I realized that I can just right-click the bombs to kick them out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Alleria became ten times easier for me the moment I realized that I can just right-click the bombs to kick them out of the way.
    Had no idea you could do that...

Had no idea you could do that...
    Yeah, I felt kind of dumb when I realized I could do that. I mean, that stunted, malformed midget Kelsey Steelspark actually shows you can do that when she kicks out the first bomb volley from the Dwarven District's boss. I just never noticed that because I just immediately charge the guy while the bombs are still in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe..yeah..I saw it in some other videos, too...not sure but I guess the youtuber Dratnos discovered it? Still risky...you need some self heal and mobility

Anyhow...also what might help are invisibility potions if you can't stealth and Grilled Gnasher food apparently makes you almost undetectable to a certain range (didn't test it myself though)
    You don't need any of those, just mount up and run.

Now that there's no limit on coalescing visions, I'm not doing Stormwind at all. Screw that noise.

I don't care about achievements, mounts, etc, now. Plan to do all that stuff in a year at level 60.

At the moment I am hard pressed to make a full clear with two masks on, so its certainly providing a challenge.

I enjoy doing them for the cloak upgrades and a few times a week just to try and see if I can improve my mask runs.

If they plan to remove anything we'll get tons of notice. They never surprise players with that. Well, not since Naxx in WoTLK anyway.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finished SW with 5 masks as well. Visions we're a good experience overall , hope they make torghast way more awesome and harder, way harder.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I finished SW with 5 masks as well. Visions we're a good experience overall , hope they make torghast way more awesome and harder, way harder.
    Before they do that, they need to work on class balance. The difference between various specs are enormous, especially if Torghast regains this "short, bursty aoe encounters" approach, which really screws some classes over.

Yes. It's cool solo or party content that you can min max to complete with potions, routes, buffs and the like. The game needs more stuff like this.

I did 5 masks stormwind solo with my enhanc shaman. Stormwind just sucks, everything. Alleria as melee is horrible. It wasn't too hard overall, I was being overly cautious with orbs using them more for safety measures than necessity.
    I've found that Alleria is mostly a test of patience as melee. She's annoying to actually get much uptime on, but as long as you play it slow and safe there's not much she can actually do to you. If you prioritise LoSing her with pillars and keeping your back to the eye then everything else is pretty easy to avoid, and the passive sanity drain in the starting area is so low at current cloak levels that there's little risk of running out. The only really dangerous moments I've found are when she casts polymorph in an awkward location, at which point it's a good idea to risk rushing in to interrupt her. She takes a long time, but I found Umbric way scarier to 5-mask with this week's affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You people pay waaaay too much attention to "others" (be it players, corruptions, classes). Now, I'm not saying dh aren't op (they are), but me, a bala druid, could literally care less. All I care about is me, having fun, not some contest in dick measuring.
    I mean. I'm not playing the game anymore because my main isn't fun anymore? Sounds like a valid reason to not play if I'm not enjoying the game. I was merely trying one of my many alts, 3 of which I've played since BC/wrath but also no longer enjoy after bfa gutted everything. Also not sure where in my post I was dick measuring.

DH is also part of the problem. Having a toolkit that can literally do everything vs specs that have clear disadvantages in certain scenarios is poor game design, and not even addressing clear issues after leaving them alone for a year and a half.
    Last edited by effs; 2020-03-04 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Just another repetitive system. Fun one time, then it's grind grind grind.
    yeah that's where I'm at. It's just to much of the same thing again and again.

Everything about them is designed to be frustrating. Doing them with masks is stressful, exhausting and not fun whatsoever. I don't feel accomplished when I complete it, I'm just glad it's over. I definitely didn't feel like this with the mage tower challenges because they weren't designed to tilt you.

Constant slows, stuns, sanity drains. Matthias Shaw is a stupidly designed fight, in fact everything about Old Town and even the Mage Quarter is awful. I can't even dispel the -30% haste poison that the rogues put on me even though I have a spell that dispells poisons...
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-03-04 at 10:02 PM.

I completely agree. They aren't so much difficult as just super freaking annoying. I don't find being annoyed fun. But if others like them, that's great, all aspects of the game aren't for me personally.

Vision are funny if you are using and ez class for them like DH or Hunter or any Tank.

A turbo disease if you are like spriest with no tech tree + leaden foot + sw

So eh nothing really amusing if this is the BFA tower mage, it is a no for me.