Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi, their journey will be a key turning point in bolstering the Horde against the coming darkness and finding themselves along the way. Failure to save their allies and the trickster god will surely doom them—but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong."

This small part, tells me that Bwonsamdi is going to survive, as it basically says: "If he dies is DOOM!!!!" and we can't have that, though the fact that Bwonsamdi realm is a dungeon makes me wonder if:

A) She tries again

B) Cut the powers of Bwonsamdi, to a point

It really reads like fanfiction, but that might be because of the subject matter being hard to take seriously and have a good narrative touch to. I honestly think it'd be better to have more experimental writers doing the books, because the excerpt was just drab and boring. While choosing an excerpt with some exciting or inviting pitch is fine ("What does Sylvanas want in Zandalar? hunt down Sylvanas!"), if there's no good sense of style to it, it ends up being boring and sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    It really reads like fanfiction, but that might be because of the subject matter being hard to take seriously and have a good narrative touch to. I honestly think it'd be better to have more experimental writers doing the books, because the excerpt was just drab and boring. While choosing an excerpt with some exciting or inviting pitch is fine ("What does Sylvanas want in Zandalar? hunt down Sylvanas!"), if there's no good sense of style to it, it ends up being boring and sterile.
    It's pretty awful. It's very over-wrought and the conversations are stilted - which is common with WoW books. I read, a lot. Always have. I've tried to read the WoW books, it should be a no-brainer for me, but they're just terrible. The excerpt here seems like the author uses a plug in for Word that used random words from a thesaurus - "The fetor of the..", it's just trying so hard to be elegant. I rate these as lower than Dan Brown and the DaVinci Code - which was pure hack writing, and awful.

But, let's be honest, they are fan fiction - it's just professional fan fiction. Fan fiction can be good, for the record - but this isn't. It's stilted and posturing. But I imagine authors who have any talent wouldn't want to go near anything like this, and it probably doesn't pay that well - I've noticed the guys and gals who do these game-related books crank out books constantly, they seem to work in a quantity over quality framework.

Oh look, artificially manufactured suspicion and hostility between the factions to keep up the least interesting creative pretense in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I do seriously hope for the nth time that certain characters get a crumb of relevance again, like Nazgrel, Arechron, Akama, Vereesa, Jorin, Leoroxx, Drek'thar, Auric, Koltira, Thassarian, etc.
    Oh yeah, what even happened to Auric? Should he not be happy that her idol Alleria is back? I mean, its not like he used to lead the Allerian Expedition….

"We have four different Darkspears that acted in a representative manner in regards to their tribe and they are all underdeveloped as fuck despite being actually important to their people. "

This guy here got it.

We already got good characters with lore, that have been around since War 2. But lets make Zappyboi a sudden hero!
    At least build the shitty tier character. Make him give quests around. Make him arise from soldier to lieutenant or something. This is bad lore.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh yeah, what even happened to Auric? Should he not be happy that her idol Alleria is back? I mean, its not like he used to lead the Allerian Expedition….
    nothing much, just sent a team of island privateers (though I seriously believe the third member should've been a Highborne instead of a Human to match the elven then [High Elf, Highborne, Night Elf])

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Caring about WoW lore in 2020... Lol.

None of it matters. They'll just say "UH DUR, THE STORY WAS ONLY FROM MANKIRKS POINT OF VIEW DUR, THE JEDI ARE ACTUALLY EVIL"
    Your Alliance player impression is spot on. Well done.

I don't have to read to tell you whats going on in this story the same as in other Blizzard story previews: .......................... NOTHING.

Books are usually released about 3 months before the expansion right? It seems indicative of a November release if we want to infer that much from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    "As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi, their journey will be a key turning point in bolstering the Horde against the coming darkness and finding themselves along the way. Failure to save their allies and the trickster god will surely doom them—but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong."

This small part, tells me that Bwonsamdi is going to survive, as it basically says: "If he dies is DOOM!!!!" and we can't have that, though the fact that Bwonsamdi realm is a dungeon makes me wonder if:

A) She tries again

B) Cut the powers of Bwonsamdi, to a point
    Maybe she hurts him so severely that he can't direct souls to his realm, or she steals souls from his realm to weaken him?

That paragraph gives me hope that he ends up surviving. I really don't want to have him die
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-03-05 at 01:13 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe she hurts him so severely that he can't direct souls to his realm, or she steals souls from his realm to weaken him?

That paragraph gives me hope that he ends up surviving. I really don't want to have him die
    I only hope we get a dialog option on his dungeon where we can laugh about him needing help like the mf laughed of us when we die in zandalar, i will fucking pay money for that, also for killing him, nobody likes a jerk that laugh of your failure/getting gangraped

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard have been making books based around the game since 2001. You are aware of that?

Day of the Dragon, Lord of the Clans, The Last Guardian all came out between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.

Cycle of Hatred and War of the Ancients came out between Warcraft 3 and WoW

Plus there were more WoW books, comics, and short stories released areound Vanilla to MoP than any other expansion

Novels
    Rise of the Horde
    Tides of Darkness
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Night of the Dragon
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
    Stormrage
    The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
    Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
    Wolfheart
    Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
    Dawn of the Aspects
    Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde

Comic Series
    World of WArcraft Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
    Ashbringer
    Bloodsworn
    Dark Riders
    Curse of the Worgen
    Pearl of Pandaria

Manga
    The Sunwell Trilogy
    Warcraft Legends 1
    Warcraft Legends 2
    Warcraft Legends 3
    Warcraft Legends 4
    Warcraft Legends 5
    Deathknight
    Mage
    Shaman

And don;t get me started on the webstores, all found on Blizzard WoW site.

Now all of a sudden its gotten to one book per expansion and NOW people are crying that this should be in game?

This is a good comment! Wish I could upvote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Sure, I like reading too. But why the preorder? I mean unlike with videogames, you have no benefits by preordering a book over just buying it when it's out.
    You won't believe it but with wow ussually amazon get's out of books when it's out, at least if I preorder it I will get it the next day it comes out. But the main reason is I'm hyped, I always like the books blizz gets out and I don't have a problem giving the money now or when it comes out, it's the same for me, since I'll read it.

"and every time Poochie isnt on screen the characters need to ask 'wheres Poochie?"

Fan fiction at best. Some will enjoy it and eat it up tho

I can’t stand the peaceful hippy horde, I prefer sylvanas and wc2 horde.

Some of us want to be the bad guys, I didn’t roll zombie evil wizard summoner (warlock) to be the hero of anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "and every time Poochie isnt on screen the characters need to ask 'wheres Poochie?"
    Comment of the day

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    My planet needs me!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

Some of us want to be the bad guys, I didn’t roll zombie evil wizard summoner (warlock) to be the hero of anything
    It's 2020, there is no room for bad guys, everyone has to be a good little trooper and avoid hurting anyone's feelings. #BeKind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

I personally don't think one thing have to exclude the other, i like my factions when they feel more... alive, no faction is completely good.

I wish it was shown more, without having to go full villain mode.

More whining from those who don’t even play anymore. 0/10 community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    More whining from those who don’t even play anymore. 0/10 community.
    And/or dont read books in the first place.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-03-05 at 03:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..