Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Sad reality of WoW Classic casual Instanced PvP experience (no one talks about)

Call it just a warning for clueless new players.
    I am a classic fanboy and was always #nochanges (still am) and i came to classic servers in hopes to do casual instanced pvp as an endgame.

Sad reality is:

80-90% of random WG matches are "randoms" VS "full / partial premades"

And you might think at first:
    "It cant be that bad, you can probably still have fun against premades..."

No

Im talking roflstomps
    Graveyard farm
    Absolute chaos
    Free Action potions and Sprint with flag without any counter play possible

Here in europe the situation is so bad that the "common sense" when we see its a premade...is to instantly surrender the match by everyone staying in flag room and try to kill as many people as possible.
    And when the GY camp boss phase starts...everyonde decides to not rezz and stay dead until the match end.
    Basically...the "common sense" in europe is to make the life of the enemy as miserable as possible at first...and then decide to not feed them charity honor.

Its like this 80-90% of the matches.

--------------------------------------

Other things i would like to say:

1) Arathi Basin is probably going to be the same situation

2) Alterac Valley is the only casual instanced pvp "place" to have fun without fighting against a full premade (but the queues are 20min +)

3) Do NOT tell me:
    "Just make a premade yourself bro"

Do you think i am some kind of psychopath who enjoys "roflstomping" weak enemy players, GY camp them and spit on their graves?
    No, i dont enjoy that.
    Premade VS Premade is the same as "rated pvp"
    And my point is that there is no "casual" instanced PvP experience with fast queues.

------------------------------

here is my warning for new players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I am a classic fanboy and was always #nochanges (still am) and i came to classic servers in hopes to do casual instanced pvp as an endgame.

Sad reality is:

No

Im talking roflstomps
    Graveyard farm
    Absolute chaos

Here in europe the situation is so bad that the "common sense" when we see its a premade...is to instantly surrender the match by everyone staying in flag room and try to kill as many people as possible.
    And when the GY camp boss phase starts...everyonde decides to not rezz and stay dead until the match end.
    Basically...the "common sense" in europe is to make the life of the enemy as miserable as possible at first...and then decide to not feed them charity honor.

2) Alterac Valley is the only casual instanced pvp "place" to have fun without fighting against a full premade (but the queues are 20min +)

3) Do NOT tell me:

Do you think i am some kind of psychopath who enjoys "roflstomping" weak enemy players, GY camp them and spit on their graves?
    No, i dont enjoy that.
    And my point is that there is no "casual" instanced PvP experience with fast queues.

That's because there is no such thing as casual BG PvP in Classic WoW post-Honor. The Honor system is the PvP progression system.

That said, AB isn't the same thing really because Honor/time spent is lower than WSG and you can't easily AFK like in AV. There will be premades, yes, but rankers will generally stick to WSG because of the hyper fast wins.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Pre-mades should only play against other pre-mades.

Folks who individually queue, should only be put in games where other players also individually queue. Destiny 2 does this, and it works amazingly well.

I understand the no changes mindset, but Classic will continually keep dying if people are left to grief others like this. They need to ban folks who use the pre-made addons to force queue together, not permaban, but 24 hours every time they use it until they get the hint.

Elitism is so much worse in Classic than it is in BFA, and the skill level is so much lower. I don't understand it. I hang out with my guild, and raid, and thats it. All my dumbass friends wanted to go Alliance, so PvP is a big nope for me.

Thing is,those premades aren't even having fun either

These people prefer being efficient to actually enjoying the game.
    It's kinda sad,but they don't really deserve any sympathy,given that they're doing that to themselves and are actively making the game worse at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's because there is no such thing as casual BG PvP in Classic WoW post-Honor. The Honor system is the PvP progression system.
    I never thought about it that way...true.
    But many many many people try to play casually...
    I know this because the WG queue is 2min and im always in a full random group.

(from time to time you get the jackpot and get put inside a premade group...and fight against randoms. Very rare though)
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-03-04 at 11:53 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Pre-mades should only play against other pre-mades.
    That would go against the spirit of Classic WoW, and they've already changed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That would go against the spirit of Classic WoW, and they've already changed too much.
    Was it like this in Vanilla? Dont lie please...
    I dont know myself.

But it probably was...

I dont know myself.

But it probably was...
    Once people started to understand the ranking system, yes, it was like this. It took a while in vanilla to get to this point because the majority of players were clueless but nowadays everyone know what it takes. I stopped doing 60 bgs as alliance because its pointless. Low level wsg is still fun.

I dont know myself.

But it probably was...
    I did a fair amount of PvP in Vanilla an I'd say the number was around 20-25% premade. Certainly wasn't over half, in my experience.

That said, I am not bothering to PvP in classic at the moment - I did that grind once already - so I can't rightly compare.

This was amazingly easy to see coming. Pre-mades, especially ones of 5 or more players, are a big time issue in retail. Blizzard knows this, they simply choose to ignore it and sweep it under the rug, they've been doing this for a few xpacs now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Once people started to understand the ranking system, yes, it was like this. It took a while in vanilla to get to this point because the majority of players were clueless but nowadays everyone know what it takes. I stopped doing 60 bgs as alliance because its pointless. Low level wsg is still fun.
    how is 60 bgs as alliance pointless? You are the premade community...if i join 10 wsgs, its gonna be 9 ally premades to 1 horde ratio.

I guess 15 years is enough time to have wiped your memory that there were always premades and gy camping.

The sad reality of Classic is that it's a fantastic game ruined by websites like wowhead and mmo-champ.

Being able to simply google how to do everything, the best way to do everything, the best build to use, etc. is the big issue with the game.

Have you tried uninstalling, and reinstalling to update to the current version of the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I dont know myself.

But it probably was...
    The same to a slightly lesser degree. Back then you didn’t have as many people gunning for pvp rank it was just guilds stomping around.

Guild vs guild was really fun back then at the higher end

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The sad reality of Classic is that it's a fantastic game ruined by websites like wowhead and mmo-champ.

Being able to simply google how to do everything, the best way to do everything, the best build to use, etc. is the big issue with the game.
    Vanilla had Thottbot, which later became wowhead so your point is moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad reality is:

No

Im talking roflstomps
    Graveyard farm
    Absolute chaos

3) Do NOT tell me:

No, i dont enjoy that.

Sounds exactly like Vanilla WSG and AV

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Another day, another premade

The usual procedure:

That is why in Retail all good content needs a group.

Back in my time, when i was playing Vanilla, i was the premade but we really liked a good fight against another premade stomping randoms was just something that needed to be done for the ranks, but still boring af.

I dont know myself.

But it probably was...
    Not to this extent, no.

Waghhhh pre-mades are stomping mee. Waaagghhhh i don't wanna join them so I'l go cry on forums instead!111

I can only hope Blizzard doesn't repeat their mistakes made in Early Cata and doesn't listens to carebears like this OP. For the fuck sake - WoW Classic is an MMO and is supposed to be played like an MMO, not a goddamn single player game with a few coop-elements like the garbage retail is. Don't wanna group with others? Well... I Don't Feel Bad for you :0 Go play single-player games I heard BFA is doing "well" you should go check it out.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho3; 2020-03-20 at 02:18 PM.