Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Remember that episode where Beverly boned an ancient scottish sex ghost and then it dug up her dead grandma and reanimated her corpse?
    Sub Rosa, that was gonna be the next one I mentioned. That one was super gross.
    /s

Breaking Bad: fly episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    A particularly bad variety of episode is the "it was all a dream" or "none of it actually happened" type of episode. Voyager had a lot of these, some of them were done cleverly enough, but others were lazy wastes of time.

DS9 also had a bad habit of torturing O'Brien all the time.
    /s

any jar jar episode of clone wars, and most padme episodes of clone wars.

the padme AND jar jar together episodes, fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

star wars resistance also kind of turned lame about midway through the 2nd season (the show was fine, and not as driven towards kids as you think)

the episodes of walking dead where there's like one zombie in the entire hour, those suck too.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The whole Xena Princess Warrior phase of The Mandalorian.
    The At-St was one of my favourite parts of the enitre series.

Kill the Moom from Doctor Who makes me want to vomit. It has so much terrible science, a terrible child actor, awful morals and its not even scary or fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The At-St was one of my favourite parts of the enitre series.
    my only problem was gina carano's bad acting. she got better as the season went on...but man when her voice cracks in that episode LMAO

i agree though, i really liked that episode.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    my only problem was gina carano's bad acting. she got better as the season went on...but man when her voice cracks in that episode LMAO

i agree though, i really liked that episode.
    Ill be honest that entire episode was so generic with its overused story, Warrior teaching villages how to fight etc. I forgotten alot of stuff around the parts that stood out to me! But the parts that stood out i fucking loved.

So i never really registered much about her.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ill be honest that entire episode was so generic with its overused story, Warrior teaching villages how to fight etc. I forgotten alot of stuff around the parts that stood out to me! But the parts that stood out i fucking loved.

So i never really registered much about her.

That's kind of the point of the whole series. It's a rehash of old cowboy stories/tropes.

The final episode of How I Met Your Mother, really the final season is all terrible but the final episode broke me. I use to love the show catching reruns on my days off or if I was off during the time-slot. I liked the characters and it was a legitimately funny show. Then the final episode happened and it just kicked fans in the balls with how bullshit it was. Through the series we find that Ted and Robin are really a bad couple, they just didn't work together like at all. Then Robin finds Barney and they were legitimately a really good couple and I liked them. Then the final episode happens and almost immediately they jump ahead a few years and Robin and Barney are divorced. Which I didn't like but it can happen even to strong couples. Then the titular Mother is killed off in the final episode with probably cancer but that isn't even the worst. Bob Saget voiced Ted finishes telling his kids how he met their mother and they tell him he really wants to bone their aunt Robin and they are cool with it. That pissed me right the fuck off with how stupid it was. Supposedly they filmed the scene with the kids back in season 2 but the characters had changed throughout and Ted and Robin were absolutely horrible together. That final episode has completely ruined the series for me to the point that I have never watched an episode again. Which sucks because again I loved the show but I just can't stomach watching the show again.

The fallout from the final episode was so bad that they cancelled the spinoff called "How I Met Your Father" which was theorized to be about the girl Barney knocked up on the last day of his 13 day one night stand marathon in the final episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    A particularly bad variety of episode is the "it was all a dream" or "none of it actually happened" type of episode. Voyager had a lot of these, some of them were done cleverly enough, but others were lazy wastes of time.

Ya O'Brien was generally the one who got imprisoned or tortured throughout the series kind of like how all the aliens beat up Worf to show how tough they were. DS9 is still my absolute favorite Star Trek series and Sisko is best Captain.

Angel; most episodes with Connor in them. Damn, that was a shitty arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to bash Christopher Judge but I'm not fond of The Changeling - Stargate SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Tale of Two lovers was saved, for me, by Sokkas interaction with the traveling group, but then again Sokka saves a lot of episodes; the recap episode in book 3 comes to mind. I did forget about the great divide though, still not sure I would call it "terrible" but certainly lackluster compared to the rest.

Plenty of bad episodes in Korra though, true enough. Which was a shame, I really like Korra the character.
    I actually really liked the recap episode in Book 3 because it was hilarious especially Toph's double the giant with sonic belches. Season 2 of Korra was overall a really bad season because I hated how stupid she was with believing and following her obviously evil uncle. Then while the episode about the first Avatar was objectively a good episode and probably the best of the season I still hated the episode because it completely retconned how bending came to be. In Last Airbender we learned bending was learned from creatures and things in nature fire bending from dragons, water bending from the moon, earth bending from badger moles, and air bending from air bisons. Much like a number of Chinese martial arts forms are based on animals. Then Korra came along and we learn bending actually is just something giant magic lion turtles hand out like door prizes to humans and they instantly can use bending. It just killed the mysticism of bending that Last Airbender gave us kind of like Midichlorians in the Star Wars prequels ruin the mysticism of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

How about the one where everyone on Voyager is slowly dying and right at the end we find out they're just slime copies that were always fated to die and they all just disintegrate moments before they can contact the real Voyager so nobody every knows they existed besides an afterthought log of some space debris.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I actually really liked the recap episode in Book 3 because it was hilarious especially Toph's double the giant with sonic belches. Season 2 of Korra was overall a really bad season because I hated how stupid she was with believing and following her obviously evil uncle. Then while the episode about the first Avatar was objectively a good episode and probably the best of the season I still hated the episode because it completely retconned how bending came to be. In Last Airbender we learned bending was learned from creatures and things in nature fire bending from dragons, water bending from the moon, earth bending from badger moles, and air bending from air bisons. Much like a number of Chinese martial arts forms are based on animals. Then Korra came along and we learn bending actually is just something giant magic lion turtles hand out like door prizes to humans and they instantly can use bending. It just killed the mysticism of bending that Last Airbender gave us kind of like Midichlorians in the Star Wars prequels ruin the mysticism of the Force.
    What I hated the most was the breaking of the Avatar cycle. One of the cool things I loved about TLA was times when we'd see Roku or any of the past Avatars. LoK we get to meet Aang once, then the cycle is totally destroyed. We'll never see any of the past Avatars and we don't even find any closure in what happened to them. Did they all permanently die for real?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Move Along Home from DS9.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    While it did divert from what TLA painted bending out to be, I don't think it exactly retconned anything. In TLA, you learn that the power of the elements is given by the turtle. You later see how Wan learns from the Dragon a proper style, and outclasses the other 'fire tossers' expertly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was same with other elements. They have control of the elements, but they aren't bending it as we know - these all came later and became established during TLA.

However, it was quite jarring at first and took me a few watches to interpret it that way. That being said - this is just my interpretation of the show, not sure if it's all confirmed, but it does look like that to me, no?

What I hated the most was the breaking of the Avatar cycle. One of the cool things I loved about TLA was times when we'd see Roku or any of the past Avatars. LoK we get to meet Aang once, then the cycle is totally destroyed. We'll never see any of the past Avatars and we don't even find any closure in what happened to them. Did they all permanently die for real?
    Yes, the first Avatar cycle died with Korra, and the second began with Korra after the Harmonic Convergence.

I think it was said that the choice to break the cycle was to further make a point of how Korra is not essentially the same story as Aang's, but a new story of its own. The point was first made by Tenzin during the Fog of Lost Souls, where he repeated the mantra 'I am not a reflection of my father, I am Tenzin.' that really just says Korra is not the same story as Aang. Korra is Korra. We had previous avatars in book 1 (Aang) and book 2 (other Avatars, briefly in Beginnings). I don't think we needed more, because we should've focused on Korra. Besides, we got the very -first- Avatar.

They are gone, yes. But their stories aren't - there's short stories available about the other Avatars, comics and so on.

Any episode of TNG featuring "The Traveler." Creepy and probably a pedophile.

5+ Year Old Account
    The entire last season of Parks and Rec.
    The episode of the mandolorian where he tries to live peacefully on a farm. Almost quit watching, then Bill Burr and that crazy twilek (much better female character than gina carano)saved it.

Any episode of The Clone Wars with Ahsoka in it.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2020-03-05 at 03:44 AM.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Last episode of Seinfeld.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.
    What's wrong with Code of Honor again?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan