Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I made a full topic on what I was hoping for night elves

Here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Customisation

But in a nutshell, it's a highborne customisation that would end up looking something more in the realm of:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this definitely needs to happen.

elves at the very least.
    Even if only to troll the !@#$ out of the anti-elf crowd

But in all seriousness, ARs (most of them, at least) are in dire need of more customization options, even moreso than core races. The options for e.g. KT and HM tauren are ludicrously few.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblin options for goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Even if only to troll the !@#$ out of the anti-elf crowd
    ^^

Made my afternoon haha.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But in all seriousness, ARs (most of them, at least) are in dire need of more customization options, even moreso than core races. The options for e.g. KT and HM tauren are ludicrously few.
    More than stuff like male Trolls and Night Elves? Nah mate.

HM Tauren have pretty limited looks, but they're decent at least (and KT aren't that poorly off at all). That's generally the case with a lot of the ARs - few but decent options. Not ideal but livable. Whereas stuff like male Trolls? They not only have few options, but most of them are really bad. Male Night Elves still have the eyebrow problem (for god's sake) and still only have one face that doesn't look like they're melting, enraged, or just shoved half a lemon in their mouth.

I hope that Blizzard will give color variations to racial armor depending on the "race" option that we will choose with these customization options.
    A bit like it is already the case with the Mah'gar who are the pioneers on this side!

For example, if I want to be a wildhammer dwarf, the dwarf armor would take on the dwarf colors WH, ie green instead of red.

You see what I mean ? lol

And if not, Blizzard really needs to add customization options to Allied races later!

I know it's never going to happen, but I'd fucking love for them to add a skin color for orcs that replaces one of their hands with a blade, for the shattered hand clan. We know they dont have a problem locking us out of glove transmogs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I know it's never going to happen, but I'd fucking love for them to add a skin color for orcs that replaces one of their hands with a blade, for the shattered hand clan. We know they dont have a problem locking us out of glove transmogs anymore.
    Works for duel wielding even, But how will you use bows?

I main undead. So straight back and toggle bones would be great. Not sure id use them but still.

I'd also like more 'undead' iptions ontop of the rocker aesthetic.

I wouldn't be opposed to face options that have less skin and show more skull.

So more options to better control how "dead" my Forsaken looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Works for duel wielding even, But how will you use bows?
    Just give the blade a hook-like curve at the wrist, where the weapon goes. How do mechagnomes use bows?

5+ Year Old Account
    I have high expectations and I will make several angry threads if they aren't met.

I would love some more dk eye options.
    Eye glow colors - Blue, green, red, purple. Or... Off.
    Yeah. That's what DKs need, imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying not to set my expectations too high. Right now, what I'm expecting is:

• Eye color and possibly some other options divided into multiple toggles
    • More face options
    • More skin color options
    • More hair options
    • Tattoo options for some races
    • Possibly additional wildcard toggles for some races IE posture/decay

I don't really have to many hard specifics about what I want to see, I guess.

I suppose a toggle options for Forsaken posture would be nice, but I don't really expect that.

Blue eyes for blood elves, maybe? I'm sure that would make some people furious, but hey.

Speaking of blood elves, probably a stretch, but... red eyes and pale skin for the Dark Ranger look.

Would be nice to be able to customize worgen human forms separately.

Would also be nice to be able to roll a Kul Tiran using the normal human physique, IMO, given that so many of the Kul Tiran NPCs are just humans.

Night elf males definitely need beards and eyebrows separated into different toggles.

But yeah, nothing too drastic, I guess. Just more choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Just give the blade a hook-like curve at the wrist, where the weapon goes. How do mechagnomes use bows?
    Both of their hand options have fingers to grip it
    and even if they do put a hook it will still look awkward because it will still look like they shouldn't be able to grip it and certain bow are bound to clip like hell

What I'd like is if they took another look at some of the animations for the new models. I mean, the male Nightelf hopps around like mad and the new Worgen models look like they had a nerve damage in the hips in their running animation and the way they are dragging their feet. The males a little less than the female ones, but still quite bad. Troll ladies also run like they had a bit of a back pain going, with how stiff their way of running looks in the hips.
    Worgen females look better than before on the whole, but boy that neck is too big.

I want a strait back and no tail option.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I made a full topic on what I was hoping for night elves

Here:

But in a nutshell, it's a highborne customisation that would end up looking something more in the realm of:

Looks more like some kind of frost elf.
    I saw the post and I do agree on the fact Night elves need some work. I do want to say they have to be realy carefull not taking away the star/arcane feel the Nightborne have currently.

I feel like blizz just gave that highborne feel to the nightborne which is fitting and plays out nicely with the storyline with the blood elves etc.
    If that savage vibe is still the thing they want night elves to be, they should enhance that, with some white/glow priest stuff for casters. The stars are part of the nightborne kit and moon to Night elves. Things already look similar and Night elves need something to be interesting again.. going to the old arcane roots would blur the lines to much with the Nightborne and would end up feeling to much alike.

Amazon type womans with druids of the claw in their ranks that control the woods actually being savage sounds so much better than what we have right now. Priestess of the moon are out there, but we don't realy see that back in any of the customization options, that would already increase its popularity imo.

They should start with things like:
    *Eye brows either as a seperate options or just make it a permanent thing.(male)
    *Beards, no explanation needed, we need more raw/wild type of beards (male)
    *Eye color option (amber or white)
    *Maybe moon like jewerly such as a neckless.

To start with, anyting extra is a plus, but don't expect much.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-03-05 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Looks more like some kind of frost elf.
    I saw the post and I do agree on the fact Night elves need some work. I do want to say they have to be realy carefull not taking away the star/arcane feel the Nightborne have currently.

I feel like blizz just gave that highborne feel to the nightborne which is fitting and plays out nicely with the storyline with the blood elves etc.
    If that savage vibe is still the thing they want night elves to be, they should enhance that, with some white/glow priest stuff for casters. The stars are part of the nightborne kit and moon to Night elves. Things already look similar and Night elves need something to be interesting again.. going to the old arcane roots would blur the lines to much with the Nightborne and would end up feeling to much alike.

Amazon type womans with druids of the claw in their ranks that control the woods actually being savage sounds so much better than what we have right now. Priestess of the moon are out there, but we don't realy see that back in any of the customization options, that would already increase its popularity imo.

They should start with things like:
    *Eye brows either as a seperate options or just make it a permanent thing.(male)
    *Beards, no explanation needed, we need more raw/wild type of beards (male)
    *Eye color option (amber or white)
    *Maybe moon like jewerly such as a neckless.

To start with, anyting extra is a plus, but don't expect much.
    It's an interpreatation of the highborne, skin tone variation of the moon colour on the regular skins, but with a blue arcane tinge, - frost specialization is one of the mage branches of magecraft too. Like the Illidari night elf received some new skin tones on the demon hunter class, a highborne customisation will also need a range of tones, this one and the one I linked on Queen Azshara as well as a few others are welcome additions, you can tie the other highborne features to the skin tones or the face options, also even have them activate only on certain classes like mage and priest (similar to how the Illidari model activates on the Demon hunter (and could also be the only one used for a warlock option) and how the undead customisation is activated on the death knight class. It won't make sense for druids to have such fine and styled hair or rich ornamentation or arcane effects would it, no rogues.

I cover this well in the topic I linked above:

On the Nightborne
    I think blizzard set out to make the Nightborne the new highborne, but but it's different from the original, then they took them to the horde, leaving the high class galmarouarcane caster night elf, thehighborne still needing to b e properly filled on the night elves. It's there already, has been a core part of the night elf race from the start too, it just doesn't have a tailored in game model to reflect it..

THe current night elf models are based on the druid and warrior/hunter female, which are 2 aspects of the night elves, the highborne and the Illidari are the other two. We got the Illidari customisation (which note is more than just wearing demon hunter armor pieces), just like a highborne customisation is more than wearing cool caster gear.

The Nightborne are a representation of htat side of the night elf, but a very specific unique variation of it. Just one look at them like this, and you can see it's not how the highborne were, but it's definitely arcanised and fancy in its own way, but also savage like, I caught this mmochampion post that makes a good point
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-pretty-savage!

A highborne is in rich gowns and clothes, the Nightborne story has them to bare essentials and using the arcane to make up the rest. Leaving a proper original higihborne portrayal still missing, nad ofc absent on the very race it is a part of.

Don't Savage the Night Elf further before Fully Giving Their High Civilization Side:
    As for this request, you can't make the night elf more savage, you're veering of the elf racial typeset. The bushier druid like hair of the males, less tidy beards, the 4packs of the females are really the extent you can go, same with the apparel of the Nightborne above. Any more feral than that you are thinking a different race. Worgen was the race introduced for that feral concept. A night elf worgen allied race could fill that spot, but more savage feral is not the night elf race we've seen nor would it be elven.

however, as mentioned above, I do agree that the male druid look could do with more beard and wild hairstyles as the original set a quite limited. But it's not the forest dwelling benevolent night elf or the feral growl in some of those faces that is missing in the night elf. An entire well loved and desired part, the highborne one has nothing.

It's hard to be more concerned for bushier beards and bushier hairstyles when there are no

1. Neat immaculate and stylsh ones representing a temple priest or a highborne lady or male
    2. No really handsome, regal or rich Lord and lordling faces representing a highborne noble - all the male faces are wrinkled and old bar one, which comes off more like a younger druid or an immortal druid than it does guy who really looks after his appearance and can use his magic skills to be the best.
    3. No model reflection of the arcane prowress of the race. Glowy silver eyes at first were the evidence, but as everyone has glowy eyes, whether magical or not, you're looking for more distinctive things like glowy hands similar to the ones in the Nightborne above, or arcane runes. If you wanna be different go with hair that sparkles glitter like but in cool way that seems it has stars in their hair, or some skin options that are actually look like stars are mapped onto the skin.

The whole point is there is a significant side of the night elves, that is popular and well loved and visualised that the in game model doesn't cater too. I'd rather that be the main focus , than turning night elves into savage half animals - the druid forms took care of that (civilised benevolent elf in humanoid form, and can change into an animal), they also went additionally further with worgen. We are missing the high class night elf for the night elf.
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-03-05 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-pretty-savage!

A highborne is in rich gowns and clothes, the Nightborne story has them to bare essentials and using the arcane to make up the rest. Leaving a proper original higihborne portrayal still missing, nad ofc absent on the very race it is a part of.
    That's the post I did, pretty neat huh, it hit me, we've been thinking more of their night elf civilisation origin, but the nightborne they've become are rather savage looking, for an elf. Fits in the horde like this. You see it now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    h.
    Nightborne being made back into Highborne and giving highborne customisation on nightborne does nothing for night elves now does it.
    Nightborne is a thing now, there's highborne and there's nightborne. Highborne is on alliance, nightborne is on horde.
    Highborne is fancy night elf, nightborne is its translation to horde i.e. night elf version more savage. I love this pic

(Anyway, you can see the guy is loves his night elves and wants his highborne mage or priest toons to look the part) it's no good to him if all his highborne stuff is only available on the horde, and on a race that is no longer even that. - we'd have another 2 years of swarms of night elf posts and how blizzards neglecting or whatever).

15+ Year Old Account
    Boob size ! XD