View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to Mel Gibson's Resurrection of The Christ?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Yes

10 21.74%
  • No

36 78.26%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection (2021)

Ironically, just found out about this.

A sequel to The Passion of the Christ (2004) focuses on the events that occurred 3 days between the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. It's in pre-production and going to be directed by Mel Gibson. Here's some interesting facts courtesy of IMDB regarding the story.

Mel Gibson told Raymond Arroyo that the movie includes the fall of the angels. (War in heaven? Lucifer's fall I'm assuming.)

Jim Caviezel claims that this film will be the biggest and greatest motion picture in history.

Excited Jim Caviezel, and a majority of the original cast will reprise their roles. Makes me wonder if they'll need make-up re-touch or digital de-aging though... I mean, it's days after Jesus' death, and all the actors, including Caviezel himself are 20 years older-looking. Everyone must have aged really well!

So, if you were a fan of The Passion, are you looking forward to The Resurrection?

...please do not derail this into a religious discussion. I am not enabling that in this one! This is meant strictly to discuss whether you are interested in the sequel to The Passion from an artistic point of view!

I just don't see any entertainment value.

I have no interest in Passion 2: Electric Bugaloo

I enjoyed Passion of the Christ from a technical, pure spectacle perspective. Mel Gibson might be crazy, but he's a great director. The portrayal of the Devil, the flashing back and forth between him and Mary as they pass by columns is amazing. So yes, I'm interested in watching this movie, from this perspective. I'm far from being religious, let alone a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    I enjoyed Passion of the Christ from a technical, pure spectacle perspective. Mel Gibson might be crazy, but he's a great director. The portrayal of the Devil, the flashing back and forth between him and Mary as they pass by columns is amazing. So yes, I'm interested in watching this movie, from this perspective. I'm far from being religious, let alone a Christian.
    Exactly how I feel. Say what you want of Mel Gibson, but he's a great director and story-teller, and from a non-religious point of view, these are epic tales that inspired everything that came after it.

The theology of this is so wonky it's beyond belief.

By DEFINITION, the passion of the Christ is his death, not it's resurrection.

The fall of Angels is not a Christian point of dogma (for instance, do you know that Lucifer is not even mentioned in the Bible ? Like most of depictions of Hell are based on the ''Divine Comedy'', most of the fall of Angels is based on ''Paradise Lost'', which is a literary work, not theology.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

The fall of Angels is not a Christian point of dogma (for instance, do you know that Lucifer is not even mentioned in the Bible ? Like most of depictions of Hell are based on the ''Divine Comedy'', most of the fall of Angels is based on ''Paradise Lost'', which is a literary work, not theology.
    Not to mention that the resurrection accounts are among THE most inconsistent parts of scripture (if you can call any of it consistent...) as the gospels differ wildly in the sequence of events and what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to South Park parodying this as well.

Yet another R word sequel, yeesh.

yikes, a christian movie with angels in it.

someone never read the bible

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yikes, a christian movie with angels in it.

someone never read the bible
    Why? Aren't angels just people with halos and wi... oh my god!

Last edited by Calfredd; 2020-03-05 at 05:27 AM.

5+ Year Old Account

Except that he is mentioned in the Bible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ironically, just found out about this.

A sequel to The Passion of the Christ (2004) focuses on the events that occurred 3 days between the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. It's in pre-production and going to be directed by Mel Gibson. Here's some interesting facts courtesy of IMDB regarding the story.

Mel Gibson told Raymond Arroyo that the movie includes the fall of the angels. (War in heaven? Lucifer's fall I'm assuming.)

Jim Caviezel claims that this film will be the biggest and greatest motion picture in history.

Excited Jim Caviezel, and a majority of the original cast will reprise their roles. Makes me wonder if they'll need make-up re-touch or digital de-aging though... I mean, it's days after Jesus' death, and all the actors, including Caviezel himself are 20 years older-looking. Everyone must have aged really well!

So, if you were a fan of The Passion, are you looking forward to The Resurrection?

...please do not derail this into a religious discussion. I am not enabling that in this one! This is meant strictly to discuss whether you are interested in the sequel to The Passion from an artistic point of view!
    Is this really a thing?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, wtf not! But not at the theater.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    If this turns out to be a secret prequel to Shadows over Innsmouth, I'm into it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    let alone a Muslim!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to say it but Gibson made some good movies. Im not sure what story he is really going to tell though, not without angering people.

Religion aside, he did a good retelling of the the story. The source material is not on the subject, which means he will be taking a lot of artistic liberties on a controversial subject. It's going to anger a lot of people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Correct, however I'm not gonna be upset about a title to a sequel tying itself to the original.

The fall of Angels is not a Christian point of dogma (for instance, do you know that Lucifer is not even mentioned in the Bible?
    Um... what? The word Lucifer is most certainly in the Bible.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    Isaiah 14:12.

Also in the book of Daniel you can find a passage discussing Michael, the "Prince of Israel" fighting the "Prince of the power of Persia". Obviously a fallen angel based on the description.

Like most of depictions of Hell are based on the ''Divine Comedy'', most of the fall of Angels is based on ''Paradise Lost'', which is a literary work, not theology.
    Correct, sort of. The raging fiery hell is not hell in the Bible, it is "the lake of fire". Also at one point Peter calls it "Tartarus". In fact, "Paradise" is in "Hell". It's not the same thing as heaven, but the idea is that all of the dead go to Sheol, or The Grave. In the Greek it's best called Erebus or Hades. It's all the same principle.

*MOD NOTE* While I am a Christian this post wasn't meant to be an argument on religious dogma but a factual clarification of what The Bible says. I'm not trying to tell people what to believe.

On topic: Passion was a hard movie to watch. I'm not sure I want to really watch a sequel, but we'll see.

family guy did it long time ago

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Why? Aren't angels just people with halos and wi... oh my god!

I guess Neon Genesis Evangelion's angels were accurately portrayed then lol

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Correct, sort of. The raging fiery hell is not hell in the Bible, it is "the lake of fire". Also at one point Peter calls it "Tartarus". In fact, "Paradise" is in "Hell". It's not the same thing as heaven, but the idea is that all of the dead go to Sheol, or The Grave. In the Greek it's best called Erebus or Hades. It's all the same principle.
    Gehenna is a Greek word often used for 'Hell' too. It's actually a garbage dumb where people burned things
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-03-05 at 06:53 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I kind of wish other biblical stories were made into movies, although doing a movie about what happened between the crucifixion and the resurrection may be more mainstream in terms of its target audience. It's crazy how much of the Bible is applicable and reflect to today's current social/political climate, as what many people think as "new" or "progressive" is actually the very old and pagan in nature dating back thousands of years, and many of those stories are actually interesting and thought-provoking. There's probably so much misconception and preconceived notions about the Bible and its contents that it'd be harder to reference such stories... and there's probably be a lot of people who would get upset when it challenges said misconceptions and preconceived notions.

That being said, I may go see it, I just haven't been in the mood for movies as of late... again, I'd be more interested if there were movies focusing on other stories within the Bible that are less known but just as impactful in this day and age.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville