Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes, not sure what your point is though... the game is straight up telling you directly they are the bad guys and you being the good guy. It's a social commentary on society absolutely, doesn't change how it's presented in game.
    Just because someone is clear and cut "the bad guy" does not making people opposing them "the good guy". When someone is destined to stop the bad guy even at the cost of innocents if necessary that makes them pretty grey, not the good guy and also not necessarily the bad guy either. I think the meaning of grey has been warped by dumbass blizzard calling Sylvanas that to try and deflect at start of BFA? But no one is saying they are evil if that's what you're getting at. They are literally eco terrorists, just because it's done with good intent doesn't change the 2nd part of the equation, hence grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just because someone is clear and cut "the bad guy" does not making people opposing them "the good guy". When someone is destined to stop the bad guy even at the cost of innocents if necessary that makes them pretty grey, not the good guy and also not necessarily the bad guy either. I think the meaning of grey has been warped by dumbass blizzard calling Sylvanas that to try and deflect at start of BFA? But no one is saying they are evil if that's what you're getting at. They are literally eco terrorists, just because it's done with good intent doesn't change the 2nd part of the equation, hence grey.
    Would have a point if it wasn't taken to such an extreme on how much shinra is ruining literally everything it touches... you even see it on the big map where "corruption" seeps out of midgar... They are literally destroying the world and that's hammered in since the start. Considering THAT extreme anyone blowing up a reactor that KILLS the planet to the degree they are doing it's a good thing.

As I said, in the eyes of the world building they are morally grey. To some people they are absolutely eco-terrorist... we as PLAYERS know they aren't and they are doing the right thing. You have to differentiate between in game world knowledge and our knowledge as players.

As I said earlier. If you say they are morally grey in the world of ff7 in the eyes of the inhabitants, then yeah... but then if so, this doesn't change anything at all, because the public within the world don't know it was shinra destroying the reactor and not avalanche...so they are still morally grey within the game world with this change.

TL;DR: Inside the game world, morally grey. To us players, not morally grey.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

To some people they are absolutely eco-terrorist... we as PLAYERS know they aren't
    lol what, I must of missed the part where we as players don't see them attempt to commit acts of violence to save the environment... Oh wait they do. They are literal eco terrorists, that isn't a debate.

I honestly think I'm on the wow lore sub forum with this amount of denial over things the supposed "good guys" do. I didn't know people acted this way about VII as well when in fact the morally grey nature of avalanche is one of the best parts about the story.

lol what, I must of missed the part where we as players don't see them attempt to commit acts of violence to save the environment... Oh wait they do. They are literal eco terrorists, that isn't a debate.
    yeah bad wording on my part. Want to address the rest or do you think that it somehow nullifies the tons of exposition we get about who is good and who is bad in the game?

I honestly think I'm on the wow lore sub forum with this amount of denial over things the supposed "good guys" do. I didn't know people acted this way about VII as well when in fact the morally grey nature of avalanche is one of the best parts about the story.
    Or, some people have differing takes on the narrative. And some people view the changes as fine, and still leaving Avalanche in a grey area but making the existing narrative a bit more clear-cut. I fully expect that we'll delve a lot more into Avalanche with this installment to flesh this out a lot more than it is in the OG game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game frozen just as I got to the sweeper fight T-T had to restart.
    Enjoying the new dialogue from Jessie thou, especially when you were going through the lazer grid.

But godamnit wedge...he so fat..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Game frozen just as I got to the sweeper fight T-T had to restart.
    Enjoying the new dialogue from Jessie thou, especially when you were going through the lazer grid.

But godamnit wedge...he so fat..
    I mean - he was rather burly/fat in the original even with the polygons

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I mean - he was rather burly/fat in the original even with the polygons
    Yes but you atleast had the illusion that he was more of a stocky fat but instead we got this boyish fat boy who looks like he never skipped his 2nd breakfast despite living in poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Yes but you atleast had the illusion that he was more of a stocky fat but instead we got this boyish fat boy who looks like he never skipped his 2nd breakfast despite living in poverty.
    "living in poverty" Walmart literally makes billions off of poor people who also usually are overweight. How are we even equating the 2 lmfao. You can still get fat eating shitty slop, in fact its even easier to get fat in that case due to the poor food quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, some people have differing takes on the narrative. And some people view the changes as fine, and still leaving Avalanche in a grey area but making the existing narrative a bit more clear-cut. I fully expect that we'll delve a lot more into Avalanche with this installment to flesh this out a lot more than it is in the OG game.
    I fully expect a flashback every 5 seconds to remind you Avalanche didn't actually kill anyone because their bomb was a dud(yet intent never changed) because Square is scared how the current mass media would respond to a group of eco terrorists.

It's really not a debate if they where eco terrorists or not, they where by definition. Square seems to want to try to absolve them of all guilt with a sloppy writing job without even delving into intent because lets be honest. This is fucking Nomura, there isn't going to be some deep philosophical examination of Avalanche. They're just gonna try the good ole disney fairy tale retcon and make it so they are the perfect good guys no one should ever question.

So what's this nonsense about Red XIII not being playable?

He was fully controllable in the original when you joins you in Midgard? I am not understanding the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

He was fully controllable in the original when you joins you in Midgard? I am not understanding the change.
    In the first installment, which ends before he becomes a formal member of your party or something. You'll play him in later installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In the first installment, which ends before he becomes a formal member of your party or something. You'll play him in later installments.
    Oh good. I was worried for a moment since Red XIII is one my favorite party members. I was having some serious Umaro flashbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Basically, because he joins so late in the game, they didn't see the point of making him playable, when you'll not actually get to play him for that long. So, instead, he'll join as a 'Guest Character' until the start of part 2, and then join for real.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Anyone know when the ending theme "Hollow" by Nobou Uematsu/Yosh (from Survive Said the Prophet) will be released?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, not sure what your point is though... the game is straight up telling you directly they are the bad guys and you being the good guy. It's a social commentary on society absolutely, doesn't change how it's presented in game.
    Thier acts made it easy for shinra to blame them as eco terrorists. Be harder to do that if they're just chilling at turtle paradise Inn and not trying to blow up reactors. And it's all about major themes so chill on the yeahh dunno why u said that duuude
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Why do you say installments as in plural?
    I was under the impression it was only in 2 parts?
    They never said how many parts it will be.

Hell they likely don't even know themselves, a lot probably depends on how well part 2 does. Part 1 will sell gangbusters regardless and if part 2 sells well they might even string it out for more then 3. If part 2 sees a significant decline in sales expect part 3 to wrap it up.

That's what I would bank on anyways.

Really frustrating.
    I was annoyed enough when the said it would be 2 parts, now there is the potential of even more.
    Why can't we just get a complete game anymore.
    They never said it would be 2 parts. Like ever.

Also "complete game" isn't something you can judge prior to release since it's not a 1:1 remake. If there is the same amount of content in each installment as there is in most FF games then each installment is 100% a "complete game". If part 1 ends up being a 10 hour game maybe complain then, but hold the reaction andy until you actually know what the content in the game is because they sure as hell didn't fill up 2 blu ray discs with a 1:1 remake of the midgar section of VII.

You completely miss the point.

A complete game is a game released in one go, finished, klaar, no episode 2, nothing extra to pay for or wait for.
    Story complete from beginning to end, night night, thanks for playing.
    Get it?
    Literally no one would use that definition that you pulled out your ass bud.

Hell where is Val the Moofia? Go tell that man Trails games aren't complete games because the damn saga spans 9 games at this point with a 10th on the way this year. Each of those games has more content then original FFVII does by a long shot to mind you lmao.

The Last of Us wasn't a complete game because it got a sequel 7 years later!

FFX wasn't a complete game it got a sequel!

Hell don't get me started on Kingdom Hearts, maybe it will be a complete game when Nomura eventually retires and stops expanding the story to even more ridiculous lengths each time he touches it.

Or even critically acclaimed games like Spiderman and God of War that literally ended both games with sequel bait. They weren't complete either!

What about TV and Movies does this asinine logic apply to them as well? Is a season not complete if the show is made with multiple seasons in mind? Is a movie not complete if it is made with sequels in mind? The hobbit was 1 book made into 3 movies did that get you really mad it wasn't a "complete" 9 hour movie? Ya I'm done here lol.

Whether it's a complete game or not will be judged by the amount of content in the game, not due to the fact they wanted to expand the world, story and characters into a longer adventure and are doing it over multiple games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-05 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the end boss will be the motorball? i'm really curious about the motor bike section - that has always been one of my favorite parts
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thier acts made it easy for shinra to blame them as eco terrorists. Be harder to do that if they're just chilling at turtle paradise Inn and not trying to blow up reactors. And it's all about major themes so chill on the yeahh dunno why u said that duuude
    And I've said multiple times that they absolutely are morally Grey within the game world, however not to us players. Since we know more of what's going on.