Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    As someone who’s been playing solidly since Vanilla, I don’t really enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If you want to play competitively, Visions are completely mandatory. Sure, there isnt much of a difference between single ranks I.E. 8/9, 5/6 (Though there is a tremendous difference between 12/13 when that finally comes out), but there is quite the difference between ranks 1 and 5. The difference between ranks 1 and 13 is absolutely gargantuan
    if you're not chasing world firsts there's no reason at all do be playing competitively, pvp notwithstanding.

Yay, just got my Mad World achievement. On an Unholy DK and I still had some very close brushes with death so some people here will point at me and laugh but I'm very happy right now

Yes, I enjoyed that and my hands were shaking a lot towards the end. I'm a bit sad though that this was the pinnacle of challenge (in solo content) and I'm pretty much done now.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-03-05 at 06:43 AM.

the insane weekly catchup combined with so few attempts per week lead me to never really optimize my gameplay in there. I usually play in a group of 3ppl, but even when i did my two solo runs for the faceless one title i played like complete shit and still beat it because already the cloak is overpowered...

In group play, the progress we made each week was not due to us playing better or learning mechanics, it was just cloak upgrades and insane traits like Elite extermination and gift of the titans that all of a sudden doubled the time we could spend in there.

These weekly buffs imo ruined the visions. If the feature was about skill and aceing the mechanics in there itd be a great feature. But now its just a scenario with an inbuilt weekly gating.

Im afraid this is how thorgast is gonna be aswell.. It wont matter how good or bad the player is if the weekly gating mechanic is as big as what weve seen in horrific visions. In the end everyone will get the same reward and it will be just as pointless a feature as island expeditions.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Yay, just got my Mad World achievement. On an Unholy DK and I still had some very close brushes with death so some people here will point at me and laugh but I'm very happy right now

Yes, I enjoyed that and my hands were shaking a lot towards the end. I'm a bit sad though that this was the pinnacle of challenge (in solo content) and I'm pretty much done now.
    I hope i will do that like you.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    so i came back in 8.2.5

flash forward to korrak's revenge.

/endofdebate.

seriously.
    Leveling isn't the issue essences are

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Leveling isn't the issue essences are
    takes 3 weeks of doing 1 m+ a week to get any toon properly viable tbh.
    You can time 15's easily with iris major + cof/botd

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    .... really? That makes it a million times easier.

edit: Just completed 4 mask with very few issues now that I know how to deal with the eye. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... I did attempt to learn it though. I just didn't come up with the best solution. I got to the Mathias Shaw and almost lost the first time to sanity drain. The next time I fought him I wanted to see if you could out range the eyes. That didn't work but running around the corner did stop the drain. With a lot of nooks and carnies in his room that seemed like the answer to avoiding as much sanity drain as possible. Since LoS worked on Mathias I assumed that was the answer for Alleria as well. I don't know why you felt the need to be confrontational about it.
    Because you can very easily go to the internet an look it up. If you just put in a little bit of effort to research mechanics before you do the content, you will have a much easier time. But instead of doing that, you jump straight to the forums to complain about the mechanics. I’m confrontational because I dislike people who act this way.

Do your homework and THEN you can complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the insane weekly catchup combined with so few attempts per week lead me to never really optimize my gameplay in there. I usually play in a group of 3ppl, but even when i did my two solo runs for the faceless one title i played like complete shit and still beat it because already the cloak is overpowered...

In group play, the progress we made each week was not due to us playing better or learning mechanics, it was just cloak upgrades and insane traits like Elite extermination and gift of the titans that all of a sudden doubled the time we could spend in there.

These weekly buffs imo ruined the visions. If the feature was about skill and aceing the mechanics in there itd be a great feature. But now its just a scenario with an inbuilt weekly gating.

Im afraid this is how thorgast is gonna be aswell.. It wont matter how good or bad the player is if the weekly gating mechanic is as big as what weve seen in horrific visions. In the end everyone will get the same reward and it will be just as pointless a feature as island expeditions.
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world
    Attained by 0% of profiles. I don't think you'll need to worry that everyone and their mothers will be able to solo 5 mask clear very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Knowing what to do, what to skip, the best route, how to tackle the different affixes, how much you can handle when you pull, when you have to use big CDs, being both safe and efficient are skills imho. Skill is not only mechanical prowess. Learning to be efficient is a skill. The several nerfs due to the cloak and the research tree make things easier, but don't make the content trivial.

If the feature was only about mechanical skill, it would become boring quite fast for me. I appreciate the fact that I'm learning something every time I run a Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world
    Attained by 0% of profiles. I don't think you'll need to worry that everyone and their mothers will be able to solo 5 mask clear very soon.
    That's why I'm not worried about difficulty: gear doesn't completely trivialize the Visions. I've seen some of the best players in the world (Rogerbrown, Zmok) fail their 5 masks runs despite their gear and their skill. Things can go south pretty quickly.

However, I wish Stormwind was less annoying: the corrupted areas are an unnecessary waste of time (having to click on 8 spread out items, yikes), the spawns in the Umbric zone put the player in combat (especially annoying with Leaden foot) and Alleria is a fucking bitch for melee players. So much downtime.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-05 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, these potions can fuck you up real good. It's better to just pick up sanity potions and unless you track all these potions so they never expire mid fight don't take them.
    He's not talking about potions but the 1h buffs from named mobs like 10% crit.

Still haven't done a complete run... haven't even tried one of the hard areas.
    Well, just a bad player ~o~

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Still haven't done a complete run... haven't even tried one of the hard areas.
    Well, just a bad player ~o~
    Not necessarily a bad player, but it depends on your cloak level, your research tree, your ilvl and your class. Some talents (Gift of the titans) make things considerably easier. Ah, and obviously your knowledge of the Vision. I can't even imagine doing a lost area with my alts at 430 ilvl and level 3-4 cloak.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-05 at 10:23 AM.

Elemental shaman, 444 (but mainly for restoration, so no dps trinkets), cloak 8, done row 4 of talent tree, shitty essences...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do people really struggle to maintain potion buffs? The only place where I may have trouble with potions is Mage Tower and since I do it last they usually have a high enough duration that I don't need to worry.
    Yes, people do struggle to find randomly placed potions which might be on the main path and you don't exactly have a lot of time to explore with 5 masks. You're never guaranteed to find specific color in a convenient spot, which can screw you over if duration expires at a bad time.

Plus, fire breath can randomly proc, kill some critter and activate Gift at a horrible moment. Not recommended at all.

Elemental shaman, 444 (but mainly for restoration, so no dps trinkets), cloak 8, done row 4 of talent tree, shitty essences...
    That's not surprising at all then given your class, your stuff and your essences.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Before they do that, they need to work on class balance. The difference between various specs are enormous, especially if Torghast regains this "short, bursty aoe encounters" approach, which really screws some classes over.
    That's not gonna happen, they're just gonna say if you're not good enough to solo do it with a group.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Now do it with a shadow priest! (joking, don't try unless you are a masochist)
    My shadow priest currently has an ilvl around 400 for extra challenge ^^
    Haven't done the cloak questline on her yet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But there is so many of them. And really after searching of them a couple of runs it's easy to remember where they spawn and just look for them while moving. Yeah, fire breath can kill a critter and give you a bad Gift Proc so that's true (and it's also the worst of the effects to have run out) but let's face it, so can a dozen other things (bloodlust keeps killing critters while I am moving in the SW canals and once it pulled the damn gnome when I was at full sanity). I honestly never struggle to keep them around which is why I find it weird that others are.
    They spawn randomly, with random colors and you're never guaranteed to get some nice chain of buffs going. Just like you can get several +sanity potions in a row, while another run will have them stuffed in some dark corner you don't normally go into.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't complete a lost area solo before i hit cloak 9 with much the same level of gear in balance druid spec (resto main).
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.