Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What to do with Mechagon Junk?

So I'm basically doing dailies now to grind for paragon caches, which leaves me with tons of chain igniter coils, galvanic oscillators, and tons of parts and crates.

Is there something I can do with these? Some way to make at least a little money or a conversion thing to parts?

The rep item is useless because its made for alts, which, meh.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The best feast for raids needs a S.P.A.R.E. crate along with other fish/mats, it's something that could be sold but not solely from mechagon.

Otherwise best I can think of for the other two is using them to craft rings/trinkets to disenchant/scrap. But eh.

I feel you. I'm still hunting Rust, so I do the daily there.

I've been making Ultrasafe Transporters as needed and also Time Displacers because I don't have the toy from the Prince.

Maybe trinkets sell for some money, I'll have to look.

Wait, isn't there 100 rep account-wide token for some parts/crates? It would speed up your paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Wait, isn't there 100 rep account-wide token for some parts/crates? It would speed up your paragon.
    Can't be used at Exalted anymore. They changed almost all the rep gains from items to work this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can't be used at Exalted anymore. They changed almost all the rep gains from items to work this way.
    Yeh. It 'works up to exalted'. It's literally for boosting alts to exalted, which I... dont really care about (at least not for getting that rank I guess)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I feel you. I'm still hunting Rust, so I do the daily there.

I've been making Ultrasafe Transporters as needed and also Time Displacers because I don't have the toy from the Prince.

Maybe trinkets sell for some money, I'll have to look.
    I loath my 4 daily kills of Rust. I'm glad they used that WB 0.02% drop chance for his mount. woot.

I use extra parts to finish any of the meta-achieves I still need there - or as others have said make rings to DE. And when I am running low the ultra-safe teleporter.

Rust is a fast spawn in a single spot, it's nothing compared to Soundless. Now that was unacceptable.

Anyway, yeah, all the mechagon stuff is garbage.

mehh I am exalted with mechagon since like forever and still don't have enough crates to buy the rank 3 essence. rarely stepped there after getting exalted. would absolutely buy all the mats from ah if it was possible.

they are a slow sell but the pets you can craft can give a decent coin (server dependant ofc)

The best feast for raids needs a S.P.A.R.E. crate along with other fish/mats, it's something that could be sold but not solely from mechagon.

Otherwise best I can think of for the other two is using them to craft rings/trinkets to disenchant/scrap. But eh.
    Unlucky that the feasts are worse than individual food.

Another option would be crafting yellow punchcards if you're using that trinket (which some specs still do)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I loath my 4 daily kills of Rust. I'm glad they used that WB 0.02% drop chance for his mount. woot.

I use extra parts to finish any of the meta-achieves I still need there - or as others have said make rings to DE. And when I am running low the ultra-safe teleporter.
    I feel your pain - I was killing him on 10 or 11 toons a day the first month of 8.2 and finally ended up getting the mount on a gnome DK.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    mehh I am exalted with mechagon since like forever and still don't have enough crates to buy the rank 3 essence. rarely stepped there after getting exalted. would absolutely buy all the mats from ah if it was possible.
    You can. The three recycling things that drop from Junkwatt Depot can be sold on the AH. Just buy a crap ton, make a bunch of bundles, and turn them in at one of the four recyclers for a bunch of recycling requisitions, which give parts. Every eighth turn-in is the epic strange box.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    That feeling when content became old so fast.

Corpse eater is much lower than the others, for some reason. Took me 257 kills. Luckily he's in Uldum so I just used an army of class trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You can. The three recycling things that drop from Junkwatt Depot can be sold on the AH. Just buy a crap ton, make a bunch of bundles, and turn them in at one of the four recyclers for a bunch of recycling requisitions, which give parts. Every eighth turn-in is the epic strange box.
    holy crap you saved me bro I am actually done with the essence now, god i had no idea. thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Unlucky that the feasts are worse than individual food.
    Putting it nicely. I think i get about half as much from feast as from secondary foods.

Does anyone even use that? For me Crit is like 3-4 times better than Agi right now. It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rotfeaster though also seems to have a much higher drop chance than most other rares. The 8.3 rares seem to have a 3% chance compared to the ,5% chance of 8.2 rares.
    Yea, but he takes like an hour to spawn - I will find corpse eater groups usually in 5 minutes and spend about 30 scanning for Rot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Rust is a fast spawn in a single spot, it's nothing compared to Soundless. Now that was unacceptable.

Anyway, yeah, all the mechagon stuff is garbage.
    What's wrong with Soundless? I've killed it twice all xpac - that's not acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rotfeaster though also seems to have a much higher drop chance than most other rares. The 8.3 rares seem to have a 3% chance compared to the ,5% chance of 8.2 rares.
    Rotfeaster is easymode farming, at least currently with groupfinder. Plus his droprate is high.

Corpse Eater is easy to kill as many times as you have alts but low droprate. I can get my 19 kills in well under an hour. Both are vastly easier than either Mechagon mount.