Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Cool How is an average day in Classic WoW to you?

So for me, I have this issue where I keep rerolling. This means that an average day for me is to level my now 37 Gnome Warlock. I try to stay outside the cities/dungeons and focus on leveling using a guide I found that works quite well (it's called "classicwow.live").

When I was 60 on my Shaman though, a typical day was more like this:
    • Log on and try to sell items on AH.
    • Look for specific items I have a fairly good idea of what is worth, to see if I can buy some cheap and sell later.
    • Craft using Alchemy consumables to try to make profit.
    • Do some AV. Not seriously enough to get a premade group.
    • Raid time - We clear Onyxia/MC.
    • Help other people with various issues like hard quests or dungeons.
    • Not really doing much farming for gold, Resto Shaman is not excactly efficient on this.

EDIT:
    I know it's very tempting to reply with all the reason you hate Classic and you have stopped playing it. Can you please resist your temptation to reply saying that? There are other threads for that.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-03-05 at 03:11 PM.

How to play WoW that was made in 2005-2010 period.

Play a lot the first month, cap out.

Raid log.

I do miss those periods to be honest, if you do anything else, you are playing the game wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Fixed it for you

farm gold by fishing

spend entire gold on respec

spam battlegrounds

farm gold by fishing

spend entire gold on respec

Do some PvE

fishing...

I do miss those periods to be honest, if you do anything else, you are playing the game wrong.
    I don't understand the bolded part. What do you mean "playing the game wrong"? Because raid loging is the only way to play the game?

This thread, as a retail only player, is interesting. Been looking on Classic with scepticism since I played back in the day but I'm curious to what players do now, when most people have a way better understanding of the game.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

i hit 60 and then i logged off, for me there is nothing intresting to do past levling for nostalgia sake

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I don't understand the bolded part. What do you mean "playing the game wrong"? Because raid loging is the only way to play the game?

This thread, as a retail only player, is interesting. Been looking on Classic with scepticism since I played back in the day but I'm curious to what players do now, when most people have a way better understanding of the game.
    That period of the game didnt have anything else to do.

There are so many times you will run the irrelevant shit dungeons or something along those lines, and do remember, things werent released with everything known for 10-15 years.

Of course Classic very low skill introvert players will tell you "BUT I HAVE SO MUCH FUN HELPING MY ONLINE FRIENDS FOR THE 50TH TIME THIS WEEK IN BRD"

Even back then if you played at a higher level, all you could do was raid log after a point in the game, and it wasnt as retail has been the last few expansions where they "force" us to farm some things in order to keep up every new patch cycle, which i do hate at moments, but playing 30m/day to keep up isnt that hard, annoying as fuck, but not hard.

Hence why i miss those days, where i would play a lot first 2 weeks-month, be ahead of the curve, and raid log.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-05 at 10:55 AM.

Sunday: offline
    Monday: offline
    Tuesday: offline
    Wednesday: clearing MC/ONY/BWL
    Thursday: offline
    Friday: offline
    Saturday: offline

in average: offline

That period of the game didnt have anything else to do.

There are so many times you will run the irrelevant shit dungeons or something along those lines, and do remember, things werent released with everything known for 10-15 years.

Of course Classic very low skill introvert players will tell you "BUT I HAVE SO MUCH FUN HELPING MY ONLINE FRIENDS FOR THE 50TH TIME THIS WEEK IN BRD"

Even back then if you played at a higher level, all you could do was raid log after a point in the game, and it wasnt as retail has been the last few expansions where they "force" us to farm some things in order to keep up every new patch cycle, which i do hate at moments, but playing 30m/day to keep up isnt that hard, annoying as fuck, but not hard.

Hence why i miss those days, where i would play a lot first 2 weeks-month, be ahead of the curve, and raid log.
    These days in bfa all i do is raid log and get vessels for the cloak,doesnt take much as its pretty easy,dont rly feel forced to do anything,granted i spent some time on the rep,but that can be said about classic/tbc that you need the reps

10+ Year Old Account

Raid log.

Yeah sure mr. douchebag LOL. Raid loggin is just WTF to me. You raid log just to get loot. Loot for what? Just to keep it offline for entire week and log on for few hours and probably stain half afk on raid. That sounds like "great enteraintmentt"
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-03-05 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    These days in bfa all i do is raid log and get vessels for the cloak,doesnt take much as its pretty easy,dont rly feel forced to do anything,granted i spent some time on the rep,but that can be said about classic/tbc that you need the reps
    Nah, as i said before, it was different back then, depending how much and efficiently you played back in 2005-2010 period, you could start raid logging after a bit.

Reps etc included, if you were farming everything from the first days, they became irrelevant quite quickly, it all depends on the level and efficiency you play.

BFA isnt any different, most played till Breath Rank 3, especially since it got changed to Revered mid-farm and after that you can just grind enough for vessels + raid log, and since they buffed that also, even less required, cant really complain

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yeah sure mr. douchebag LOL. Raid loggin is just WTF to me. You raid log just to get loot. Loot for what? Just to keep it offline for entire week and log on for few hours and probably stain half afk on raid. That sounds like "great enteraintmentt"
    I am sorry that i have IRL friends and matters to attend to since forever, and 2-10 other games to play.

I am sorry it takes you, probably 10 times longer to do things.

So yes, if given the choice,i will max out my character in days because i aint shit at games, and then raid log.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-05 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level alts, do some dungeons on weekends with guildies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Raid loggers will argue that, since the gear is obtained from raids, and is a tool to beat raids (both current ones and the ones down the line), that it only matters for raids, ignoring that raiding is only a part of the game. They think that their Staff of the Shadow Flame being offline for 6days/week is a good thing, when it could be used to...you know, melt faces in PVP, or help other members of the guild (who HELPED them get that Staff) do things, or to farm gold/rep/consumables/whatever. But no, it was obtained in a raid, it will be used in a raid, exclusively :P. The game is only raiding & nothing else. /sarcasm

Nah, as i said before, it was different back then, depending how much and efficiently you played back in 2005-2010 period, you could start raid logging after a bit.

Reps etc included, if you were farming everything from the first days, they became irrelevant quite quickly, it all depends on the level and efficiency you play.

BFA isnt any different, most played till Breath Rank 3, especially since it got changed to Revered mid-farm and after that you can just grind enough for vessels + raid log, and since they buffed that also, even less required, cant really complain

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry that i have IRL friends and matters to attend to since forever, and 2-10 other games to play.

So yes, if given the choice,i will max out my character in days because i aint shit at games, and then raid log.
    Dont understand why the ''nah'',as you seem to basicaly agree with what i said lol

- - - Updated - - -

My first clear of Dark Souls 1 took weeks. My 20th clear of Dark Souls 1 on New Game+10 took me 6 hours. What you say holds true for single-player games mate, not online games. Online games exist for exactly the reasons you seem to not like them - community interaction.

Also, why are you feeling sorry for how others are playing the game? Whatever happened to simply "Having a good time" and "Enjoying oneself"? I didn't use the Fast-Travel option in Sony's new Spiderman game, even though it was the most efficient solution to traverse through New York, because the web-swinging was so well-made that it was super fun to just travel manually without using the subway.

Would it be more efficient to use the subway/fast travel option? Of course it would. Would it be FUN? No, cause they made web-slinging super duper good. By your definitions I am the worst kind of gamer - the one who DELIBERATELY makes things last longer when they don't need to.

We've reached a point where the "Cool kids" in Classic are...the ones that play the game the least: the ones that raid-log and look down upon anyone else having fun in the World of Azeroth. Yes, I love strat UD, I've got 60 Baron Rivendare kills, I will have 300 by the time Classic is over, I love the dungeon, the layout, the mobs, the amount of moneys you can make in there, and I will keep helping my guildies alts get their Cloak of the Black Baron till the sun decides to explode. Also, we never skip trash, cause trash in Strat UD has a high chance of dropping BOE world epics.

How triggered are you, please tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Dont understand why the ''nah'',as you seem to basicaly agree with what i said lol
    The "nah" is for the difference in things.

You werent farming rep in 2005-2010, it came passively with dungeons, you didnt have to get A, to do B.

You just logged, run your daily HC, after a few days and tabards etc etc, you were done, and never to set foot in there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Raid loggers will argue that, since the gear is obtained from raids, and is a tool to beat raids (both current ones and the ones down the line), that it only matters for raids, ignoring that raiding is only a part of the game. They think that their Staff of the Shadow Flame being offline for 6days/week is a good thing, when it could be used to...you know, melt faces in PVP, or help other members of the guild (who HELPED them get that Staff) do things, or to farm gold/rep/consumables/whatever. But no, it was obtained in a raid, it will be used in a raid, exclusively :P. The game is only raiding & nothing else. /sarcasm
    PVP is worthless once you achieved your desired rank, no need for farming if you already farmed enough mats/golds for upcoming months and helping guild members (sure running brd for the 100th time with your 'guild-buddies' is so much fun) can be done without raid loot. For some people raiding is fun, but that doesn't mean you need to spend 24/7 in a 15 year old online game.

You sound pathetic implying that you need to 'earn' raid loot (by whichever fictional reasons that force you spend more hours into this game), or that items have a break even point by playing more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    We've reached a point where the "Cool kids" in Classic are...the ones that play the game the least: the ones that raid-log and look down upon anyone else having fun in the World of Azeroth. Yes, I love strat UD, I've got 60 Baron Rivendare kills, I will have 300 by the time Classic is over, I love the dungeon, the layout, the mobs, the amount of moneys you can make in there, and I will keep helping my guildies alts get their Cloak of the Black Baron till the sun decides to explode. Also, we never skip trash, cause trash in Strat UD has a high chance of dropping BOE world epics.

How triggered are you, please tell me?
    Lol dont misunderstand, i aint triggered at all, i consider anyone that plays Classic of subhuman intelligence, that ship has sailed in 2007, i dont care how many runs you do, whether you raid log or play 24/7.

The fact you even installed the game says all i need to know

Then again, i understand your side and accept it but at the same time i will never take your opinion seriously as a human being when it comes to WoW.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2020-03-05 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    PVP is worthless once you achieved your desired rank, no need for farming if you already farmed enough mats/golds for upcoming months and helping guild members (sure running brd for the 100th time with your 'guild-buddies' is so much fun) can be done without raid loot. For some people raiding is fun, but that doesn't mean you need to spend 24/7 in a 15 year old online game.

You sound pathetic implying that you need to 'earn' raid loot (by whichever fictional reasons that force you spend more hours into this game), or that items have a break even point by playing more hours.
    I don't even...

PVP is worthless? Killing members of the opposing faction is fun! Doesn't need to be tied to a rank or reward man. Make the fucker corpse run, just because, why not? Or go do an AV with your brand new gear and watch people take 2.5k crits & get 1shot.

Games are entertainment. They are there for FUN. There is no correct or wrong way to play a game when the goal of said session is to have FUN (not efficiently farm gear, not efficiently farm ranks, not min-max the fuck out of a system, etc etc). Dicking around in the World of Azeroth is not a crime, and people who DO dick around are not criminals or subhumans because they decide to RP walk with Marshal Windsor instead of wait for him at Stormwind Keep when you give in Jailbreak.

I'm an economic analyst at a medium-sized company. I min-max with numbers @ work 45h/week. You are delusional if you think I want to spend MY PERSONAL gametime, which is my entertainment, doing exactly the same things I do @ work, 45h/week. That's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol dont misunderstand, i aint triggered at all, i consider anyone that plays Classic of subhuman intelligence, that ship has sailed in 2007, i dont care how many runs you do, whether you raid log or play 24/7.

The fact you even installed the game says all i need to know

Then again, i understand your side and accept it but at the same time i will never take your opinion seriously as a human being when it comes to WoW.
    How immature must you be to judge someone's worth as a human being because of...the games they install on their PC? :S You have a very confusing way of thinking mate.

I do hope the best for you, I honestly do. What's next, judging people because of the colour they decided to dye their hair?

Also, when replying to my comments, please reply to the whole thing, don't cherry pick the paragraph that you can reply with the snarkiest response.