Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sopranos - Tony's dream sequence episode

Dexter. Final episode. Ick

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ill be honest that entire episode was so generic with its overused story, Warrior teaching villages how to fight etc. I forgotten alot of stuff around the parts that stood out to me! But the parts that stood out i fucking loved.

So i never really registered much about her.
    word, classic filoni filler
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Stranger Things: where Eleven goes to visit somebody else from the facility, having both never mentioned them before or ever mentioning them again.
    yeah that whole thing kinda felt unresolved. are there more kids like her out there? will they make an appearance as some sort of army in season 4?

as for me, it's easy: Supernatural Season 1 Episode 8: Bugs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlucia View Post
    Dexter. Final episode. Ick
    ah yeah the episode that totally makes zero sense to anything that he did previously

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I've sat here trying to think of a bad episode of The Last Airbender and can't think of any. Meme answer would be "Any episode before Toff" but can't think of any truly terrible episode.
    they are making a live action tv show of that on Netflix. hopefully it won't be the shitshow that the movie was

Literally every episode in S7-S8 of GoT. The Bells takes first place cause Dany's character assassination was infuriating. Though I guess it doesn't count since at that point GoT wasn't great anymore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Literally every episode in S7-S8 of GoT. The Bells takes first place cause Dany's character assassination was infuriating. Though I guess it doesn't count since at that point GoT wasn't great anymore.
    that's what happens when they squish what should have been 20 episodes into 13 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that's what happens when they squish what should have been 20 episodes into 13 episodes
    That's what happens when they run out of source material. I have no doubt that Dany's character arc will be much better written in the books (I have no problem with Dany being a tragic hero).

It's hard to come up with some specific ones consider how many shows I've seen, but the general pitfall likely has most examples as filler episodes or episodes injecting politics/SJW stuff purely for the sake of doing it (instead of something organically happening in the story that makes sense, and generally lacking any self-awareness).

For example, an easy one to point to is in most episodic anime series that run for years and catch up to the writer: you start getting alternate reality stories or background/"what if...?" stories that are generally awful. These tend to introduce new characters that aren't in the source material, and in general it's very detracting and in some cases really confusing for the main story. Gets even worse if there is no more source material, and you get credits saying "based upon the characters created by <insert author>" if everything up until that point was created/based upon the author's actual stories.

In terms of interjecting politics/SJW 'message of the day' into shows that are horrid... alright, one that's fresh in my memory (as my wife just watched this last week) is Super Bad Boyfriend from season 4 of Lucifer. The cops for the entirety of the series are generally super nice/friendly aside from stereotyped couple bad cops that disappeared seasons ago, then for one episode "there is suddenly systemic racism in the police department, every white cop is racist aside from our main characters and using excessive force on black kids/people." It was so contrived to the point it was counter-productive to their intent, which is generally the result of obvious shoe-horns like this. Worst part is when the next episode comes around, it's like nothing ever happened and all cops return to being normal, everyday people... doesn't help that there were a bunch of minority suspects in many episodes who were never treated like this.

Aside from filler and forced messaging, it probably depends on the series. Star Trek: TNG is probably well know as it had a bunch of great episodes while having some crazy and/or terrible ones, but I'd say generally it stayed consistent with its characters (even if it did have some of the aforementioned episodes sparingly). I think I have a harder time remembering bad episodes from great shows is because if the show is great, you can let things slide with one or two mishaps. If a show has consistently let you down over time or from the start, your effort into trying to find something good in a show ends up revealing even more flaws that you'd normally gloss over. Part of the reason why I've stopped watching most network shows as they're generally bad offenders of everything I've mentioned thus far. Fortunately, we have Netflix and other subscription services so I can catch a series after-the-fact if it ends up being good.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Bojack Horseman - Underwater episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

Farscape - Taking the Stone

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    That's kind of the point of the whole series. It's a rehash of old cowboy stories/tropes.
    Is it?

I dont watch cowboy stuff, beyond how its filtered into other shows; Firefly or stuff like samurai jack (90% sure that had the warrior trains villages thing)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drujitsu View Post
    Bojack Horseman - Underwater episode
    :O

That episode is amazing. Its emotional, interesting look and fun visual gags

10+ Year Old Account

The gurgle sounds throughout drove me crazy. I got a good laugh at the end when he found the button, but otherwise I couldn't connect. And I typically enjoy that show immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drujitsu View Post
    The gurgle sounds throughout drove me crazy. I got a good laugh at the end when he found the button, but otherwise I couldn't connect. And I typically enjoy that show immensely.
    Ah fair enough! I also love underwater setting so aesthetically it scratched an itch

10+ Year Old Account
    they are making a live action tv show of that on Netflix. hopefully it won't be the shitshow that the movie was
    Considering it has both of the creators working on it and it's essentially a re-telling of Season 1, I think we can rest easy.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Considering it has both of the creators working on it and it's essentially a re-telling of Season 1, I think we can rest easy.
    yeah the movie left a really bad taste in my mouth. literally one of the worst movies of all time.

Is it?

I dont watch cowboy stuff, beyond how its filtered into other shows; Firefly or stuff like samurai jack (90% sure that had the warrior trains villages thing)

- - - Updated - - -

It definitely is, I can't remember all the stories to name them, but the town defense episode is straight out of High Plains Drifter (7 Samurai minus the ensemble).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The whole Xena Princess Warrior phase of The Mandalorian.
    first 3 episodes were great then ep 4 came out and laughed my ass off realizing this is one of those shows )

The last episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The one where Arya deus ex machinas the Waif in Game of Thrones
    Does Game of Thrones count as a "great show" considering the last two seasons were garbage?

OT: The fly episode of Breaking Bad was pretty bad compared to the rest of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that whole thing kinda felt unresolved. are there more kids like her out there? will they make an appearance as some sort of army in season 4?
    Like 3 more numbers were revealed in the comics but I doubt they'll ever show up in the show.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I enjoy watching Supergirl. But they had one extremely "female power" episode that almost made me gag..
    They had to go to a "blue" sun far away, but something about this sun made it so that only women could go there :P.
    I don't think I've ever facepalmed as much as I did for that moment! ^^