Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I don't even...

PVP is worthless? Killing members of the opposing faction is fun! Doesn't need to be tied to a rank or reward man. Make the fucker corpse run, just because, why not? Or go do an AV with your brand new gear and watch people take 2.5k crits & get 1shot.

Games are entertainment. They are there for FUN. There is no correct or wrong way to play a game when the goal of said session is to have FUN (not efficiently farm gear, not efficiently farm ranks, not min-max the fuck out of a system, etc etc). Dicking around in the World of Azeroth is not a crime, and people who DO dick around are not criminals or subhumans because they decide to RP walk with Marshal Windsor instead of wait for him at Stormwind Keep when you give in Jailbreak.

I'm an economic analyst at a medium-sized company. I min-max with numbers @ work 45h/week. You are delusional if you think I want to spend MY PERSONAL gametime, which is my entertainment, doing exactly the same things I do @ work, 45h/week. That's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

How immature must you be to judge someone's worth as a human being because of...the games they install on their PC? :S You have a very confusing way of thinking mate.

I do hope the best for you, I honestly do. What's next, judging people because of the colour they decided to dye their hair?

Also, when replying to my comments, please reply to the whole thing, don't cherry pick the paragraph that you can reply with the snarkiest response.
    Nah, i dont judge human worth because of the games on the PC, the way you wrote things tell me everything, i stopped giving excuses and passes to people.

Low skill player that requires gear to outperform others, aka the more you play the better you should be, your PvP comment above says the same shit, aka the same as my familiar/friend that got Rank 14 in Vanilla, failed in TBC Arena, failed in Cata Arena, failed in mop Arena, failed in Wod Arena, now plays Classic again, got Rank 14 again, pretends he is god of PvP, when we all know the truth.

Get gear to do "big damages and melt".

2000-2007 gaming called, they want their players back.

Hence the DS response you gave, ye the game is hard till you learn the dodge timings, then you can pretend you are god of gaming, woohoo, you are the only one that did that.

Now write the usual response that comes down to "Sure mate, you know everything about me".
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-05 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nah, as i said before, it was different back then, depending how much and efficiently you played back in 2005-2010 period, you could start raid logging after a bit.

Reps etc included, if you were farming everything from the first days, they became irrelevant quite quickly, it all depends on the level and efficiency you play.

BFA isnt any different, most played till Breath Rank 3, especially since it got changed to Revered mid-farm and after that you can just grind enough for vessels + raid log, and since they buffed that also, even less required, cant really complain

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry that i have IRL friends and matters to attend to since forever, and 2-10 other games to play.

I am sorry it takes you, probably 10 times longer to do things.

So yes, if given the choice,i will max out my character in days because i aint shit at games, and then raid log.
    And I'm sorry you need to feel more powerful or better than others online to feel good about your self. On my rogue, I raidlog mostly. Might log in to farm some gold. But I play WoW Classic almost daily with my GF, lvling alts etc.

Am I playing it wrong now ? Having fun is wrong? Oh man.. I am so sorry to distrubt your insecurit.. wait, powerful IRL friendship! with the fact that my life is well suited with friends, work, gaming and lvling alts with my GF

You should save this thread and read it again when you are 1-2 years older, you'll get some perspective and might find new things to work on your self with. You obviously have some issues you need to take care of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry that i have IRL friends and matters to attend to since forever, and 2-10 other games to play.

I am sorry it takes you, probably 10 times longer to do things.

So yes, if given the choice,i will max out my character in days because i aint shit at games, and then raid log.
    Im sorry you missed the clue. Oh wait i had no life and no friends and i need more time to reach ur lvl. Sorry BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And I'm sorry you need to feel more powerful or better than others online to feel good about your self. On my rogue, I raidlog mostly. Might log in to farm some gold. But I play WoW Classic almost daily with my GF, lvling alts etc.

Am I playing it wrong now ? Having fun is wrong? Oh man.. I am so sorry to distrubt your insecurit.. wait, powerful IRL friendship! with the fact that my life is well suited with friends, work, gaming and lvling alts with my GF

You should save this thread and read it again when you are 1-2 years older, you'll get some perspective and might find new things to work on your self with. You obviously have some issues you need to take care of.
    Congratulations, you cant even make an argument.

"On my rogue, I raidlog mostly. Might log in to farm some gold."

"But I play WoW Classic almost daily with my GF, lvling alts etc."

I raidlog with my main but spend 20 hours in WoW but since its not my main it doesnt count.

Of course, i already know you wont even understand how dumb you sound at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Im sorry you missed the clue. Oh wait i had no life and no friends and i need more time to reach ur lvl. Sorry BOSS.
    I just called you low skilled, relax, no one cares about your life story.

Seriously, this is mmo-champion, i know most of you are LFR level players, stop pretending your opinion somehow matters.

Your fun, is irrelevant to the discussion about the actual game itself.

A cat has fun chasing a laser dot because thats how much their intelligence reaches.

Nah, i dont judge human worth because of the games on the PC, the way you wrote things tell me everything, i stopped giving excuses and passes to people.

Low skill player that requires gear to outperform others, aka the more you play the better you should be, your PvP comment above says the same shit, aka the same as my familiar/friend that got Rank 14 in Vanilla, failed in TBC Arena, failed in Cata Arena, failed in mop Arena, failed in Wod Arena, now plays Classic again, got Rank 14 again, pretends he is god of PvP, when we all know the truth.

Get gear to do "big damages and melt".

2000-2007 gaming called, they want their players back.

Hence the DS response you gave, ye the game is hard till you learn the dodge timings, then you can pretend you are god of gaming, woohoo, you are the only one that did that.

Now write the usual response that comes down to "Sure mate, you know everything about me".
    Nah, in fact, I'm not even going to bother responding to you anymore. You're not here to discuss - you're here to flame people for playing the game in a different way than you. It was quite obvious from your very 1st response that you don't want to discuss the topic at hand (which is - "How is an average day in Classic?") from your comment that "Whoever doesn't play THIS SPECIFIC way is doing it wrong".

But for the record, since you mentioned PVP and arena, just to show you how wrong your assumptions are about me, I personally never got higher than rank 5 in original vanilla (I was 14yrs old and cared more about raids than PVP), when TBC came out I averaged around 2.1k-2.2k rating in 2's and 3's (never played 5's), averaged around 2.3k 2's in WOTLK (I was now a young adult, not a teenager), averaged around 2k in Cataclysm, and I stopped PVPing after Cata. In MOP I really enjoyed going to Timeless Isle, popping my Censer and killing people 5v1 because Guardian druid was OP and the Vengeance mechanic was broken as fuck.

With regards to Dark Souls, it has been heralded (and rightfully so) as the series of games with the toughest gameplay - doing a perfect, no-death, 6h full run of DS1 (without exploits) is no easy feat, same as beating the 1,000,000 point challenge in Batman: Arkham City and climbing the leaderboards on Super Smash Bros. God of gaming? Never called myself that, don't put words in my mouth please. Above average? Well, when you do something that only 10% of the playerbase has done, by definition you're in the 90th percentile. You do know how Statistics work, I assume.

Congratulations, you cant even make an argument.

"On my rogue, I raidlog mostly. Might log in to farm some gold."

"But I play WoW Classic almost daily with my GF, lvling alts etc."

I raidlog with my main but spend 20 hours in WoW but since its not my main it doesnt count.

Of course, i already know you wont even understand how dumb you sound at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, this is mmo-champion, i know most of you are LFR level players, stop pretending your opinion somehow matters.

A cat has fun chasing a laser dot because thats how much their intelligence reaches.
    Maybe start reading what you say before acting all cool and stuff Are you what, 17 years old? That's what you act like. So if you are, no offense. You just don't know better and I'll just drop it.

But. You said you either raid log or play wrong, I play alts. I run around doing silly fun stuff. We WASTE HELL LOT OF TIME having fun instead of being efficient. Mad yet? Wake up, and quit internet for a while.

Maybe start reading what you say before acting all cool and stuff Are you what, 17 years old? That's what you act like. So if you are, no offense. You just don't know better and I'll just drop it.

But. You said you either raid log or play wrong, I play alts. I run around doing silly fun stuff. We WASTE HELL LOT OF TIME having fun instead of being efficient. Mad yet? Wake up, and quit internet for a while.
    Yes, cat with a laser dot, your fun is very relevant to the discussion as to what there is actual to do in Classic

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    There are ways to counterague but it gets boring after awhile repeating things, and not here to argue, slow day at slavery time aka work.

Discussion was about actual things to do in Classic, there is nothing after raiding (maybe there is a certain PvP rank?) and thats it.

Congratulations on your playing Dark Souls, your arena experience doesnt tell me anything, since you generally stopped when they started balancing and forcing gear to matter less and class/compo to matter more.

Let me guess, Warrior/Druid TBC, right?

Mah dude, I simply MENTIONED that getting a new piece of gear and testing it out in AV melting faces is a fun thing to do, and the guy created my whole PVP profile from that one statement. Let him be, he's a "My way or the highway" kind of person, it's fine, he'll learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, cat with a laser dot, your fun is very relevant to the discussion as to what there is actual to do in Classic

- - - Updated - - -

There are ways to counterague but it gets boring after awhile repeating things, and not here to argue, slow day at slavery time aka work.

Discussion was about actual things to do in Classic, there is nothing after raiding (maybe there is a certain PvP rank?) and thats it.

Congratulations on your playing Dark Souls, your arena experience doesnt tell me anything, since you generally stopped when they started balancing and forcing gear to matter less and class/compo to matter more.

Let me guess, Warrior/Druid TBC, right?
    No actually. I was resto in vanilla, and when TBC came out I switched to Feral tank. I've never really played FOTM comps, or OP comps, just whatever was available. Hence, in TBC I pvped as a feral, with comps such as Feral-Rogue, Feral-Priest, and Feral-Priest-Warrior and Feral-Warrior-Paladin in 3's. In WOTLK, I played alot of Feral-Rogue and Feral-Rogue-Pala. Cataclysm, I was Feral-Warrior, Feral-Priest, Feral-Priest-Warrior. Never played cancerous resto druid, from TBC onwards, didn't really enjoy the gameplay of pillar-humping.

Back to the topic:

Nothing to do in Classic, you say, after raids and PVP ranks?

Let me point you towards:

1) Reputation grinding
    2) Profession grinding (make alts and have every single prof at 300 with 100% of recipes, GL)
    3) Mount grinding (Yes, that's a thing in vanilla, you can do it if you want to, get Exalted with major cities & farm the gold for their mounts)
    4) Gold grinding
    5) Gear grinding (You have Hand of Justice/Savage Gladiator Chain on every single one of your characters that can use them? Got both Dal-Rends for your alt rogue?)

Yes, it's only grinding, yes, it's diverse grinding for various reasons. Wanna know what makes boring mindless grinding FUN? Doing it with other people! Dicking around on Discord while you do it!

10+ Year Old Account

Also urs but havent u presented it? Its nice to judge someone about skill/intelligence or whatever based on post/using or not using LFR . GL BOSS.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-03-05 at 12:41 PM.

On mondays I log on my main and get the ony buff then log. On Tuesdays I clear bwl. If I have the free time I lpg on weds and do mc/ony. Getting closer to 1 raid night for both. I get about 5 hours of free time throughout the week. Might log onto an alt and get some levelling in.

I love this game. I can raid log and progress my character without having to worry abt dailies or any grinds I dont want to do.

3+ Year Old Account
    Check AH, do a few quests with my second or third alter, an occasional dungeon run with my first alter and raid logging with my main on 2-3 nights per week.

That period of the game didnt have anything else to do.

There are so many times you will run the irrelevant shit dungeons or something along those lines, and do remember, things werent released with everything known for 10-15 years.

Of course Classic very low skill introvert players will tell you "BUT I HAVE SO MUCH FUN HELPING MY ONLINE FRIENDS FOR THE 50TH TIME THIS WEEK IN BRD"

Even back then if you played at a higher level, all you could do was raid log after a point in the game, and it wasnt as retail has been the last few expansions where they "force" us to farm some things in order to keep up every new patch cycle, which i do hate at moments, but playing 30m/day to keep up isnt that hard, annoying as fuck, but not hard.

Hence why i miss those days, where i would play a lot first 2 weeks-month, be ahead of the curve, and raid log.
    I think wanting to raid log is super fine. Don't mind doing it myself from time to time. Was more curious if you thought helping friends, doing goofy stuff or messing with people in world pvp was the wrong way to play.

Had a lot of fun doing BRD over and over, I also had every single dungeon key so I helped many, many groups out in there. Was a lot of fun and I don't mind helping out now and then in retail. I like that, is it the wrong way to play? If so, why?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

snip
    At least it wasnt RMP, it was druid/warrior 90% of the time but hey, congrats.

Now to the numbering.

1)Comes passively by playing, i guess for Classic you have to force yourself a few more times cause knowledge so you did things faster, but this is just basic playing, and 99% irrelevant apart from Argent Dawn.
    2)Irrelevant, be ahead of the curve, in Classic, sell Arcane Crystals, as far as i know, it will works in 2020.
    3)Irrelevant, even back then it wasnt anything special, it doesnt give anything extra.
    4)Same as 2, be ahead of the curve.
    5)Can be relevant and thats a silly question, my character has to be maximized, of course if i wasted my time in Classic i would be wearing the correct shit.

Again, as i said 3-4 times before, your fun is your fun, it doesnt mean its something required for the game, the game itself from Classic to Wotlk, becomes irrelevant quite quickly, hence all the new designs.

This is about raid logging, wasnt it, despite the drifting cause of butthurt opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I think wanting to raid log is super fine. Don't mind doing it myself from time to time. Was more curious if you thought helping friends, doing goofy stuff or messing with people in world pvp was the wrong way to play.

Had a lot of fun doing BRD over and over, I also had every single dungeon key so I helped many, many groups out in there. Was a lot of fun and I don't mind helping out now and then in retail. I like that, is it the wrong way to play? If so, why?
    Nah, your fun is your fun, doesnt mean its relevant to the game progression itself is the point, people dont seem to get that
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-05 at 12:56 PM.

At least it wasnt RMP, it was druid/warrior 90% of the time but hey, congrats.

Now to the numbering.

1)Comes passively by playing, i guess for Classic you have to force yourself a few more times cause knowledge so you did things faster, but this is just basic playing, and 99% irrelevant apart from Argent Dawn.
    2)Irrelevant, be ahead of the curve, in Classic, sell Arcane Crystals, as far as i know, it will works in 2020.
    3)Irrelevant, even back then it wasnt anything special, it doesnt give anything extra.
    4)Same as 2, be ahead of the curve.
    5)Can be relevant and thats a silly question, my character has to be maximized, of course if i wasted my time in Classic i would be wearing the correct shit.

Again, as i said 3-4 times before, your fun is your fun, it doesnt mean its something required for the game, the game itself from Classic to Wotlk, becomes irrelevant quite quickly, hence all the new designs.

This is about raid logging, wasnt it, despite the drifting cause of butthurt opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, your fun is your fun, doesnt mean its relevant to the game progression itself is the point, people dont seem to get that
    What you don't seem to be understanding is that a successful WoW gaming session is NOT measured by how much your character progressed. It is measured by how much FUN you had. You are obviously only able to have fun when you're progressing your character, hence why you keep mentioning "progress" in every single fucking sentence.

Well guess what pal. Wanna know what a successful WoW session entails for ME, as a person?

A bunch of things you don't even think about. I'm an enchanter, I spend loads of time chilling in IF selling enchants. Me getting 3 new raiders from random guilds to put me on their friendlist so I become their go-to enchanter (because of activity, competitive fee prices, common decency about how I talk to them) is a huge success for ME, because it means my reputation on the server increase. No, not that fucking green bar that goes till 999/1000 Exalted, no. ACTUAL Realm-reputation - how many active players know of your existence. In my case, being an Enchanter with 100% of recipes in game, being KNOWN on the server is very important for me, since that's how I primarily make my G's.

Where's the character progression there? That's right, nowhere to be found. So was my WoW session a failure because my character didn't get stronger? I think not. Besides, who gives a shit about game progression on a 15yr old version of a game populated by bachelors/dads in their late 20's/early 30's?

Hell, I just noticed, look how disconnected you are as a person. You just called Mount Farming IRRELEVANT? Because it gives no POWER PROGRESSION? When there's SO MANY PEOPLE who play Retail nowadays JUST to collect things? I myself have over 350 mounts on Retail, when I stopped collecting at the end of Legion, and I can guarantee my mount collection has more hours poured into it than you have ever put in a single character with your raid-logging mentality.

Also, your answer to 2 of my bullet points was "be ahead of the curve". You don't seem to know how Statistics works - only a small % of players CAN be "ahead of the curve", because of how Statistics work. If your answer to EVERYONE is "Be above average" then that's realistically and practically not feasible, because of what the (mathematical) definition of "Average" is.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-03-05 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So for me, I have this issue where I keep rerolling. This means that an average day for me is to level my now 37 Gnome Warlock. I try to stay outside the cities/dungeons and focus on leveling using a guide I found that works quite well (it's called "classicwow.live").

When I was 60 on my Shaman though, a typical day was more like this:
    • Log on and try to sell items on AH.
    • Look for specific items I have a fairly good idea of what is worth, to see if I can buy some cheap and sell later.
    • Craft using Alchemy consumables to try to make profit.
    • Do some AV. Not seriously enough to get a premade group.
    • Raid time - We clear Onyxia/MC.
    • Help other people with various issues like hard quests or dungeons.
    • Not really doing much farming for gold, Resto Shaman is not excactly efficient on this.
    so, the other 6 days each reset was not an average day then i assume? given that you can only clear mc once a week.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post

But ofc he thinks that - look at how he's answered to other posters in this thread. According to him, if your char isn't getting stronger, you're playing the game wrong. Dicking around in Capital cities, raising alts, casual PVP in AV, no no no, those activities don't empower your character, therefore they are useless, therefore YOU, for choosing to perform these activities are a bad player who is worth absolutely nothing (his own words).

15+ Year Old Account
    Get home from work and eat.
    Consider logging in to level up my Classic alt.
    Realize I have less than two hours before I should sleep to be ready for work the next day.
    Think back to the days when I didn't have personal responsibilities.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The worst people in the WoW community are the ones who complain about "lack of content". This is why retail has ended up with an almighty clusterfuck of systems on top of systems, so that people with no imagination or self-reliance can have the illusion of "something to do". There is infinite content in Classic if you actually enjoy the game.

snip.
    Yeah, you sound like my 18 year old elf back in Vanilla-->Wotlk that cared to be the best and be known on the server.

Which i was..You know, part of the big guild, the geared guy, the go-to guy and all that stuff, that the immature mentality of the 20s age carries, i guess you havent escaped that yet.

I am gonna ignore the mount farming comment cause thats just weak, you are literally the problem with retail, the insane amount of bads that farm irrelevant shit and instead of actual shit we get 2h questlines.

If you dont know what ahead of the curve means, its because you have never been in it therefor your cant comprehend it, i can write a story about it but its irrelevant.

As i said a few posts above, you are exactly like my familiar that started Classic and hit Rank 14 again, his first comment as to "Why the fuck would you do it again" is "but how will the pvpers and guild respect me in Classic".

You are of the same exact logic, some irrelevant fame in irrelevant periods of the game, while never actually mattering, aka never being ahead of the curve at any point in the game.

You know, actual ahead of the curve, the 3000 whispers for a realm first, the insane amount of whispers about help/guild joining and similar shit, when you are actually known in your community.

Or you know, in Legion/BFA numbers, joining groups with known top 20 guilds/players and being able to keep up in early expansion days, you know..Not being shit at the game stuff.

But yeah, "I have enchants in the 2005 version of the game in 2020"

Its fine, each on their own.

I am gonna stop answering to you now because its literally like talking to my friend that believes staying in his home at the age of 35, for the last 2.5 months and farming Rank 14, begging us to log his account from work so he can sleep, is skill and "fame".
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-05 at 01:48 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    i hit 60 and then i logged off, for me there is nothing intresting to do past levling for nostalgia sake
    Leveling is what makes classic in MY opinion. I got all classes to 60 and stopped playing. I did farm MC for two months on my shaman before I realised the endgame in classic was not my cup of tea and then started leveling all the classes instead and quit. So now I am just hoping that we get TBC servers and can continue to play on the characters we leveled in classic. Cant wait to try all the attunement quests and raids in BC when it was current content.

Loved every minute of the leveling experience.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2020-03-05 at 02:01 PM.