5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    He ran for the Reform Party nomination in 2000 (losing to Ross Perot), and then talked about running in 2012 but decided to keep hosting the Apprentice. But he was serious enough that Obama took shots at him at the Correspondents' Dinner that year, which may have contributed to his hatred of Obama and his decision to run in 2016.
    All the dots have been connected.

It’s makes sense why he ran.

It is all to get back at Obama and destroy whatever policies he had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This President is the biggest moron ever.
    I mean, is he wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Various US Airlines, I mean American Airlines, I mean, plane owners in the United States to meet with Trump and Pence about the coronavirus.

"Wait, I thought they were just supposed to meet Pence, who is in charge. Why is Trump there?"

Stop trying to make sense of how this administration acts.

To be clear: they are not asking for a handout.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/04/81201...e-deal-teeters

And the cease fire is totally dead. US striking Taliban targets attacking Afghan forces, which they said they were going to do while avoiding attacks against international forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And the cease fire is totally dead.
    Hey, you can read! It says "fragile peace deal teeters". Who knows, the terrorists waging war on their government through a campaign of murder and fear might decide to suddenly play nice.

Unrelated: first death out of Washington state reported.

Thwarts not a mod anymore fucking awesome about time jesus.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Thwarts not a mod anymore fucking awesome about time jesus.
    Your like 2 months behind? lol
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Your like 2 months behind? lol
    I never realized anybody know why? I didn't think it would ever happen.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I never realized anybody know why? I didn't think it would ever happen.
    Nope. Don't know if he stepped down himself or was removed.

While I would like to suspect he was removed for his bias there is no way to be sure.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Fair play to him, but $100k? With how much he makes off of the presidency? Come on.
    Wait... I thought he wasn't taking presidential salary. He lied about that too? I'm shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Wait... I thought he wasn't taking presidential salary. He lied about that too? I'm shocked.
    I think he "has" to take it, he can then give it to someone/thing else afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I think he "has" to take it, he can then give it to someone/thing else afterward.
    Yeah, but he said he'd take only a dollar because technically he has to be paid a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah, but he said he'd take only a dollar because technically he has to be paid a salary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    no he gets all the money then donates it.
    by law he cant refuse it.

nothing like the govt getting 100k back for the 130 million he spends a year golfing....and at rallies.

oh and trump gets to write it off anyway, and its not 100k since that is before taxes....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I'm not saying voting is dangerous per se...I'm saying it's likely more dangerous than going to a Trump rally if one is worried about catching the coronavirus.
    And what you are saying is pretty....not smart. You believe packing thousands in a single room will spread disease slower than one singular object is asinine, to say the least.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no he gets all the money then donates it.
    by law he cant refuse it.

nothing like the govt getting 100k back for the 130 million he spends a year golfing....and at rallies.

oh and trump gets to write it off anyway, and its not 100k since that is before taxes....
    Silly question but do we actually have any evidence that he actually does this? I know he says he does but I feel like on principle, it's smart to assume literally everything Trump says is a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Silly question but do we actually have any evidence that he actually does this?
    Yes, but it's largely irrelevant. It's like me stealing a BMW from a parking lot and throwing the change in the cup holder to a homeless guy. I'm still the asshole for stealing the car.

Actually, considering he removed the death tax, if he really is worth what Forbes says, those proportions might be about right.

Here is the President of the United States telling the country it's okay to go to work with Coronavirus.

I'm not kidding. https://t.co/Tz4kKbyear
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...931066880?s=19

Audio in link.

My goodness, this idiot. You should listen, it is 35 seconds.

While I won't take the quote above too literal, it does have Trump again believing coronavirus is a mild illness that if you 'feel' better you should go to work.

Actually he rambles and makes no sense is another way. He is an idiot.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump demands his employees work sick maybe one will infect him.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    [...], probably only ran to sell his book where he made amusing campaign promises.
    So, exactly like 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...931066880?s=19

Audio in link.

My goodness, this idiot. You should listen, it is 35 seconds.

While I won't take the quote above too literal, it does have Trump again believing coronavirus is a mild illness that if you 'feel' better you should go to work.

Actually he rambles and makes no sense is another way. He is an idiot.
    Uh, no. He's saying that some people could get better and go to work, thinking they had the flu. They're still carrying coronavirus and can still transmit it at work.

But please, do continue your echo chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    do continue your echo chamber.
    What Trump said:

A lot of people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor, they don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people. So you can’t put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and/or virus. So you just can’t do that. So, if you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work. Some of them go to work, but they get better.
    What Trump should have said:

Do not go to work, school or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing or taxis
    Let's review.

1) Trump said "corona flu". I recommend doing a search for the exact term "corona flu". I suspect you'll get 90% links to that video and 10% something about horses.

2) Trump does not use the word "transmit". Not in that clip, anyhow. Feel free to find the full interview, by the way, and point out where he says people could transmit it. But it did not happen in that clip.

2a)
    You can find more of the same interview here
    . In that same interview, Trump calls the death rate given by the WHO, let me say that again, the WHO, a "false number". Based on, as he says, a "hunch". He then says it's based on talking with a lot of people, who he does not name, as he has done with lie after lie after lie after lie after...

But no, really, listen to the interview. Listen for the word "transmit" or any synonym. Trump does not use it. You did, but Trump did not.

2b) He also says someone died in New York. I'd like to see the citation of that, too. Because that'd be the first we'd heard of it.

2c) Also also in that interview, Trump gives correct numbers for flu deaths, and says "I never knew that until six or eight weeks ago". As you can easily see by reviewing this very thread, no, he didn't, it's more recent than that. This is also a startling admission of lack of knowledge of an anti-vaxxer who ran the country during a measles epidemic.

3) What kind of psychopath asshole goes to work, thinking they have the flu? The flu spreads like wildfire and kills people. Which Trump admits in that same interview.

4) If you listen to that clip, or the full interview, Trump calls out the WHO for basing their fatality numbers on only people who go to the doctor or hospital. In other words, he's suggesting the largest and best respected medical organization we have of not knowing how to do their job. After he admits he had no idea how many people died to the flu until this very year.

5) Feel free to listen to the entire interview and find the part where Trump says "do not go to work if you have the corona virus". Or any version thereof. Please quote what he said, if he said it. Because until you find that, if Trump says "people with the coronavirus go to work" but does not say "and they should not", what you have is Trump saying it's okay.

6) Trump tried to use, as evidence, flu fatality percents to validate his hunch. Which is a poor idea. The New York Times reports --

"Paywall".

Fine, this site quotes it. Every single piece of information collected so far by actual research by actual scientists confirm the coronavirus is both more lethal, and spreads more easily, than the flu.

And arguably most importantly:

7) Please be careful about using the term "echo chamber" when you're discussing Trump doing an interview with Hannity.

Let me make this absolutely clear: the second quote, listed above? That's from the CDC. If you have the coronavirus, do not go to work. For the record, they also say this:

If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. Your fever should be gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine.

If you have either illness, and you enter public spaces, you are risking the lives of other people. Do not do this. Do not handwave this because "hunch".