Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Does Game of Thrones count as a "great show" considering the last two seasons were garbage?

OT: The fly episode of Breaking Bad was pretty bad compared to the rest of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Like 3 more numbers were revealed in the comics but I doubt they'll ever show up in the show.
    there are comics? what the hell else have I been missing out on? and yeah great shows can have bad seasons, I mean the definition of great is mostly subjective, at least in this instance. I can think of lots of great shows that kinda trailed off and went full on bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there are comics? what the hell else have I been missing out on? and yeah great shows can have bad seasons, I mean the definition of great is mostly subjective, at least in this instance. I can think of lots of great shows that kinda trailed off and went full on bullshit
    There's three mini comic series, one of them is based on Will's events of being in the Upsidedown and the other one takes place way before season one and follows a girl named Six. The third is about Nine. I read the first one and thought it was pretty good.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

TNG alone has quite a share of questionable episodes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I don't mean to bash Christopher Judge but I'm not fond of The Changeling - Stargate SG-1
    Yeah, that episode felt like a dream self-insert in a way. It was jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Does Game of Thrones count as a "great show" considering the last two seasons were garbage?

OT: The fly episode of Breaking Bad was pretty bad compared to the rest of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Like 3 more numbers were revealed in the comics but I doubt they'll ever show up in the show.
    I guess GoT pre-S7 counted as a great show. Even if some parts of S5 were shit, it wasn't bad yet. That episode where Arya somehow survives her stomach being mutilated is definitely the shittiest episode in pre-S7 GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Drujitsu View Post
    Bojack Horseman - Underwater episode
    I really liked this episode. Sure, it's not great to have a completely silent episode if you're playing WoW and have BoJack on a second monitor, but if you actually sat down and watched it, it was brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all Star Trek shows fit in this thread. They've all been mostly terribly at the start.

As someone who watched TNG for the first time a few years ago (and thus have no rose-colored goggles about the show), it was truly awful for the first ~2½ seasons. I had to drag myself through a lot of those episodes to catch the general storyline and character progression, but the episodes themselves were absolute shit apart from like 1 or 2 decent episodes. I had to fast forward a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How about the one where everyone on Voyager is slowly dying and right at the end we find out they're just slime copies that were always fated to die and they all just disintegrate moments before they can contact the real Voyager so nobody every knows they existed besides an afterthought log of some space debris.
    I hated that episode SO MUCH.
    /s

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't specific to any one show or series - many of them "do this" sort of thing.

But what I REALLY hate is when shows do "dream sequence" episodes or "Alternate Reality" episodes. I feel like a show wastes my time. They don't move plot forward. They don't impact the real story at all. They don't advance your understanding of what's going on in the "actual reality" of the show. They are pointless filler. I can "get it", esp. with shows that still try to do 20-30 episodes a season (and more power to'em!), needing a one-off. "But everyone (only) gets one!"

Hubby's been watching the Sopranos and in the last couple of seasons apparently they started doing this too often. He's had to "take a break" because he got sick of the "another dream episode!" So pointless.

I say the same about "musical" episodes - though at least most non-comedy shows don't do this. "Everyone gets ONE." (not per season, but per entire series) LOL. More than one then its just telling me the writers have run out of content to write about.

Though honestly I think a Game of Thrones musical episode would have been hilariously awesome.. =D. I can't lie... .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Pretty much all Star Trek shows fit in this thread. They've all been mostly terribly at the start.

As someone who watched TNG for the first time a few years ago (and thus have no rose-colored goggles about the show), it was truly awful for the first ~2½ seasons. I had to drag myself through a lot of those episodes to catch the general storyline and character progression, but the episodes themselves were absolute shit apart from like 1 or 2 decent episodes. I had to fast forward a lot.
    TNG was bad for the first 2 seasons for sure. I believe a writer strike was part of the problem for season 2 and part of season 3 because they more or less took rejected scripts of the orginal 60s show and adapted them to TNG. Probably a blessing too because it killed that god awful worms controlling people invasion story from season 1 that they planned to expand upon. The rethink got us the Borg.

Full House: The episode with the twins.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

That fucking fly episode in Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

What made them bad? That they felt like TOS episodes? That they were preachy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    What made them bad? That they felt like TOS episodes? That they were preachy?
    The script is shit. The dialogue is awkward and groan-inducing. The characters have no depth and behave in a way that no human being would, I guess the goal was some kind of portrayal of utopian human society but it just ends up feeling preachy and bland at the same time. The production value is loooooooow, it's B grade at best and far from the later seasons.

Any long running series that has a forced musical episode.

The last episode of Evangelion.

2nd last episode of GoT made zero sense. There where other bad episodes as well but that one really had me upset and confused.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Lady Gaga episode in The Simpsons, though the show has a lot of bad episodes as of now. This one is the standout though.

The ''Daenarys forgot about the Iron Fleet and she drinks Starbucks coffee'' episode of GoT. The last few seasons were pretty shit, but I'd say its still a great show if you just forget how it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The last half of Game of Thrones (s5-s8) culminating in the Battle of Winterfell against the Night's King
    Came here to say exactly that. Even though when thinking about, if half the series was crap, can it be still called a great one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Angel; most episodes with Connor in them. Damn, that was a shitty arc.
    This, plus many of Dawn's scenes and an episode or two with her as the focus on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Farscape - Taking the Stone
    This, plus Revenging Angel.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    All of Season 8 Game of Thrones

Fuck you D&D, you cocks.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Came here to say exactly that. Even though when thinking about, if half the series was crap, can it be still called a great one?
    Yes. S1 - S4 was phenomenal
    Putin khuliyo