Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Very strange...that spot is always extremely populated here.
    Wouldnt it be incredibly risky to "bot" there?

Those botters have some serious balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was playing, I'd pop on several times a week, say high to a few folks on mumble while checking on auctions, see if any guildies needed a druid for an hour or so; if not, decide if I was going to farm or quest, maybe check my list of quest rewards and readily farmable/craftable stuff to see if there's any prime gear I was missing, then play for while, log (a couple times a month I'd play for 4-8 hours, group up with guildies and do a dungeon and/or some group quests) - it was fun. I'm not playing anymore, as I'm boycotting Blizz (probably permanently) for their handling of the Blitzchung controversy (and yes, I'm aware many people see it as no longer relevant - I disagree); instead, I've been playing classic tabletop RPGs over Roll20 and some newer turn-based stuff.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yeah sure mr. douchebag LOL. Raid loggin is just WTF to me. You raid log just to get loot. Loot for what? Just to keep it offline for entire week and log on for few hours and probably stain half afk on raid. That sounds like "great enteraintmentt"
    But that's how it is. Every single one of my 30 friends who started on classic is doing exactly this.

What else are you gonna use the loot on? Farm your gold respec 5 minutes faster? Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    When I was playing, I'd pop on several times a week, say high to a few folks on mumble while checking on auctions, see if any guildies needed a druid for an hour or so; if not, decide if I was going to farm or quest, maybe check my list of quest rewards and readily farmable/craftable stuff to see if there's any prime gear I was missing, then play for while, log (a couple times a month I'd play for 4-8 hours, group up with guildies and do a dungeon and/or some group quests) - it was fun. I'm not playing anymore, as I'm boycotting Blizz (probably permanently) for their handling of the Blitzchung controversy (and yes, I'm aware many people see it as no longer relevant - I disagree); instead, I've been playing classic tabletop RPGs over Roll20 and some newer turn-based stuff.
    But the funny part is that Blitzchung broke the rules, not Blizzard.

Asked a friend, and his day goes like this:

"I Login

Then I play the shit out of the game (leveling professions raid prep raiding PVP earning gold so on) until I get my fill
    Then I either go onto Live and repeat the cycle, or go to bed dependin on when I got home".

Sounds legit to me! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    The worst people in the WoW community are the ones who complain about "lack of content". This is why retail has ended up with an almighty clusterfuck of systems on top of systems, so that people with no imagination or self-reliance can have the illusion of "something to do". There is infinite content in Classic if you actually enjoy the game.
    "Illusion" of something to do.

I lol'd. There's infinite content times 7 on Live if you actually enjoy the game. As can be seen with the hardcore variety streamers especially.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-05 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "Illusion" of something to do.

I lol'd. There's infinite content times 7 on Live if you actually enjoy the game. As can be seen with the hardcore variety streamers especially.
    The same way there is "infinite things to do at home on a friday night alone at home"
    Hell, i can do infinite things online at my computer.
    I can do infinite things on Super Mario 64.

Im trying to tell you a player only enjoys some things in WoW. Most of the time less than a handful of things even.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Sunday: offline
    Monday: offline
    Tuesday: offline
    Wednesday: clearing MC/ONY/BWL
    Thursday: offline
    Friday: offline
    Saturday: offline

in average: offline
    This, except my raid day is Monday. Rest of the time I'm playing retail because that's where the fun is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    This, except my raid day is Monday. Rest of the time I'm playing retail because that's where the fun is at.
    Do you mind listing what is "fun" in retail? Just curious...

I personally laught at the idea of enjoying BfA content (outside pvp)
    But i absolutely understand if other people laugh at the idea of enjoying Classic content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Very strange...that spot is always extremely populated here.
    Wouldnt it be incredibly risky to "bot" there?

Those botters have some serious balls...
    It looked to be mostly hacked accounts. The risk to the actual botters themselves is minimal and anything they do make probably finds its way to gold selling websites. If they do ever get caught, the worst that happens is the poor sod whose account it is gets control of it again and they get some of the gold removed - But by that point they've already sold it on and have cashed in on their work. Chances of actual prosecution are nil.

It's a PvE realm, so the risk of being killed by the opposite faction is none existant.

I don't claim to be an expert on running WoW bots, but the actual risk associated with it looks to be none-existant for the people who are profiting from it.

Bah dear god you guys are all toxic as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure mr. douchebag LOL. Raid loggin is just WTF to me. You raid log just to get loot. Loot for what? Just to keep it offline for entire week and log on for few hours and probably stain half afk on raid. That sounds like "great enteraintmentt"
    Raid loot is for raiding. You don't need raid loot to do anything in the open world.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The same way there is "infinite things to do at home on a friday night alone at home"
    Hell, i can do infinite things online at my computer.
    I can do infinite things on Super Mario 64.

Im trying to tell you a player only enjoys some things in WoW. Most of the time less than a handful of things even.
    I'm sure you've got extensive data on the preferences of every single player out there, but my point stands.

There is no "illusion" of things to do, there's shit you can do, shit you want to do, shit you won't do. Shit you won't do does not equal it not being there for anyone feeling differently. Live WoW can without issue sustain people playing 16 hours/day should they want to, and I know for a fact those that do.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Lol I see this so damn often in my realID. Asked a mate lastnight if he wanted to come for a social alt run in bfa. Said nah, wanted to play classic. About 3 minutes later "still got a spot?".

I log in for raids, and convince myself I'm going to spend an evening playing, but usually last a few mins before going back to something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much only jump on classic when I have a good 4-5 hour window of time to play the game. When I do:
    1. Check the AH for various things/sell various things.
    2. Check in with a couple mat farmers I know to see if they have anything for sale.
    3. Head out to Gurubashi Arena to see about getting my ass handed to me.
    4. Maybe do a dungeon if it can be quickly organized.
    5. If I see a premade for a BG I'll jump in.
    (Order is meaningless, posted them in order of them coming to mind.)

One day a week: Login, make sure I got consumables, HS to Kargath, go do MC and BWL, take Orgrimmar portal, log out.
    Six days a week: Do other stuff because there is nothing interesting to do in Classic. Use few minutes one of these days to login for Ony/Nef head buff.

Log in, queue for AV, spam AV, eventually do one of the weekly 1-2 raids, queue for AV, spam AV, log out.

Raid day: preparing consumes and then BWL/MC on farm.
    Other days: instances, fishing (for some reason i love doing it), selling enchants while afk doing other stuff on my PC, checking AH, talking on guild chat and a few more things.

@potis
    Wow, dude.
    Thanks for telling me how i should play the game.

This thread has taught me that most people on this forum who are still playing WoW, be it Classic or Retail actually despise the game and are still playing solely to fulfill the addiction they developed in 2005.

Seriously, it's an angry boomer who thinks you're a waste of human life if you don't play exactly the way he does arguing a moot point against randoms online on a forum for a game he despises with enough passion to argue for 2 days over.

Farm for Recipes
    Farm for Herbs (or other stuff for the 100 different Potions i need)
    Farm for Gold
    Check the Auction House is there are cheap Herbs or Recipes i still need
    Farm some more Stuff
    Maybe sometimes run a Dungeon if i can find a Group
    Run MC Ony and BWL each once a Week

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, this is one thing I don't get about Classic endgame. In retail you have some hard goal depend from your skill (Cutting edge, Curve, keymaster, 5 masks) and better gear get you closer to your goal. But what goal has Classic player when every piece of content is farmable from day 1? "Loot for what?" as you said.