Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck
    In 'Traveler' they went somewhat of a middleground, with a Forsaken who is very fragile and keeps falling to pieces, but doesn't actually die from it, but can simply stick his limbs back on ^^ I guess if he actually lost a limb completely (I mean in the sense of not being able to find it again) he'd have to get a new one and sow that one on. Which is also what they do in Before the Storm.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    an undead body decay and dies with time, the dark mirror process is only done to Danuser i mean Nathanos, and DKs are totally different story since they were risen personally by LK himself
    Of course in BFA we get a joke of LK rise rest so - as i said - the state of lore isn't clear at all, but the most recent, they should be mediocre at best for ranged attacks
    while using the dark mirror is really unlikely theres a good chance that there would be some dark rangers raised at the same time as sylvi so they could be just as unrotting as she is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Anyone else think the arrows are purposely misleading, especially since Talanji's attempted assassination? I'm willing to bet it's Tyrande and her elves. If not her, it's some other group trying to either frame the horde, or just trying to cover their own tracks.
    That would be actually a good plot twist imo, believable as well. But I think we will have mostly stuff written about Sylvanas (as usual).

7+ Year Old Account
    oh Shit here we go again
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I may consider reading the book if we get a better confrontation between the Windrunners, but that's unlikely.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol, I hadn't even noticed that. That's pretty sexist. Here's hoping they don't turn Alleria into a useless waifu... they were doing so well with writing her as a badass, independent woman.
    She is a stunning and brave, brave woman.#metoo in Anduinn! How dares the king of a medieval fantasy world tell people under him what to do!
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    She is a stunning and brave, brave woman.#metoo in Anduinn! How dares the king of a medieval fantasy world tell people under him what to do!
    Alleria is not under him and he cannot tell her what to do. She is an allied leader with the right to defy the High King and his strategies if she does not agree with them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Man does Genn not ever learn lol. How many times must this dude be humbled (justified and not justified) to get his temper in control. Honestly next time he throws a hissy fit he should be reminded that last time he went on his anger crusade, he lost a FLYING AIRCRAFT CARRIER, to a bunch of SHIPS, while having the moment of surprising and firing the first shot. If i had a loss like that on my book, id talk a bit more slow.
    start with giving amends for Gilneas and bringing back their dead
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-03-06 at 03:12 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Alleria is not under him and he cannot tell her what to do. She is an allied leader with the right to defy the High King and his strategies if she does not agree with them.
    Exactly, no woman is under a man and man ordering should be a crime. How come anyone can be outraged about a simple sentence of a simple fantasy book? I am amazed how some even noticed that phrase. So many stuff in the book to discuss and people decide to pick up on this... For all SJW crap there is Marvel comics.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2020-03-06 at 03:21 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is under who then? Because she isn't with the blood elves. Her husband is from Stormwind.
    Turalyon is from Lordaeron I guess.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Exactly, no woman is under a man and man ordering should be a crime. How come anyone can be outraged about a simple sentence of a simple fantasy book? I am amazed how some even noticed that phrase. So many stuff in the book to discuss and people decide to pick up on this... For all SJW crap there is Marvel comics.
    Exactly. So why is Anduin telling Turalyon to take Alleria without asking her first? Don't you think an allied leader ought to be warned first that they are going on a dangerous mission to find a genocidal psycopath? So much for the Alliance not being a monarchy.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-06 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck
    pls call it shitcon, retcon is what wc3 did to wc2 story, improving a lot of holes, wc1/2 was a boring typical fantasy story
    wow also rectoned good points like Moira, but the idea of the Scourge is a fragile weak creature is a big shit on the idea of undead itself in all fantasy, i remember in D&D skeletons were high resisting to sharp weapons (swords etc) and u need blunt weapons to be able to harm them, and how they are semi-immune to all magic schools except holy and fire
    I still consider her book rise of the horde the best wow book ever, how did she fall to this drama level i don't understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    while using the dark mirror is really unlikely theres a good chance that there would be some dark rangers raised at the same time as sylvi so they could be just as unrotting as she is.
    i thought it was clear she is unique since she was raised personally by Arthas himself?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

pls call it shitcon, retcon is what wc3 did to wc2 story, improving a lot of holes, wc1/2 was a boring typical fantasy story
    wow also rectoned good points like Moira, but the idea of the Scourge is a fragile weak creature is a big shit on the idea of undead itself in all fantasy, i remember in D&D skeletons were high resisting to sharp weapons (swords etc) and u need blunt weapons to be able to harm them, and how they are semi-immune to all magic schools except holy and fire
    I still consider her book rise of the horde the best wow book ever, how did she fall to this drama level i don't understand

- - - Updated - - -

i thought it was clear she is unique since she was raised personally by Arthas himself?
    the funny thing is that even in the arthas novel the undeads where so sturdy that even arthas paladin struggled with zombie peasants

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the dark mirror story they say that the valkir could make non rotting undead when they were under arthas as they had more power from him so it’s likely a ranking thing.

If I had to guess it would be something like this
    Rank 1: cult of the damned members, raise mindless undead
    Rank2: lichs raises forsaken like undead still able to think, Rot into skeletons over time.
    Rank 3: valkir and such raise unrottong undead.
    Rank 4: people like KT or the blood queen, raise unrotting undead by default but can tinker with them
    Rank 5: arthas, can so any thing he wants.

Then when arthas dies every one goes down a rank. We don’t have a sample size of undead elfs but with both kt and arthas around I would expect some unrotting ones.

Sometimes I swear you people actively comb every single syllable of their writing actively looking, soley, for tiny errors that don't even exist in most of these gripes outside of your own headcanon or personal feelings about characters.

This is fine. From what I heard this isn't Golden, but they show signs of having the same skill at world building and character dynamics, hopefully with more subtlety to the storytelling. (Though I still find it absurd how many people read Before The Storm and didn't get what the author was conveying and came out the other end with "Sylvanas good, Calia and Anduin bad!" despite her very, very best efforts.)

I'm impressed so far with the characterization of Anduin and Talanji. Anduin's taking charge and making reasonable, levelheaded decisions, it's great to see how he's grown into his role and earned some respect among the Alliance leaders. Talanji just lost a lot to the Alliance in this war and nearly was assassinated under the Horde's protection, and they used the zandalari unlock questline of her coronation involving them remaining independent, yet allied, to their advantage in the writing. This is a writer who understands Talanji and I am immediately invested in where her character goes throughout the novel.

From both snippets I've seen no sign that this book is going to be bad and I'm almost certainly going to order it.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-03-06 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Lol, Turalyon "taking" Alleria, wtf... like she was his servant or something.

Good job making Turalyon High Commander of the Alliance forces AFTER the big ass war! /s
    In retrospect Shaw's did put his foot in the horde's ass during the whole campaign, I'm guessing Varian's "we will end you" threat had some validity to it. Turalyon wasn't really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    In retrospect Shaw's did put his foot in the horde's ass during the whole campaign, I'm guessing Varian's "we will end you" threat had some validity to it. Turalyon wasn't really needed.
    Yeah, but Shaw is only the spy master, not a seasoned war veteran and tactician like Turalyon. There was no need for the "boy king" to command armies when you have these kind of assets at your side, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    the funny thing is that even in the arthas novel the undeads where so sturdy that even arthas paladin struggled with zombie peasants
    lol she wrote that too ... well she forgot how garrosh got his axe during his trial anyway, it was the start of downfall imo, when a writer forget his own story it shows how little he/she cares about it no matter how good it was
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I don't think that's likely to happen... because at the end of the day we already see what would happen thanks to the Visions of N'Zoth. So it's unlikely they'd literally do a carbon copy of that in the main timeline. If she does succumb to the whispers eventually, the consequences will not be so devastating and she might snap out of it.

So at this point I don't want to say that Alleria and Umbric have plot armor... but since we already see them going mad in the Visions of N'Zoth, I doubt Blizzard will play with that idea again.
    I really don't expect Alleria to fall into it, she's literally THE void elf, but some of her people? Ye, i do expect some to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I really don't expect Alleria to fall into it, she's literally THE void elf, but some of her people? Ye, i do expect some to fall.
    Meh, I dont see the point. You'd just be turning random NPCs nobody cares about in mobs you kill for one quest or two. The real problem would be if someone with lore significance fell.