Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's the reality. Or what, you think Democrats are some sort of angelic being sent down by the dear god to guide the lost sheep to the paradise on Earth?

Holy crap, the shit Obama did. Why I'd say the whole bullshit EU deals with now is in a good part because of his impotence on International stage.

Both sides have so many skeletons in their drawers that you don't even want to go there.
    again legislative history proves you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Democrats are the only party that want to expand welfare programs and want to make healthcare so that the transition is smoother or that the poverty isn't as harsh.

If you are insecure about your future it seems dumb to vote for the party that actively wants to sabotage the ACA with no plans of a replacement, limits welfare programs and continues to defund government organizations that focus on ensuring that people have some security while they transition or if they live in poverty.
    How about creating good middle class jobs. When i can pay everything myself i dont need your welfare. You are offering me poverty with benefits. its still poverty.

Anyways, Trump voters are wealthier than the ones that voted for Hillary were so I don't get why people bring this up
    WTF? I get flashbacks from the British elections. You people have not learned anything have you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    again legislative history proves you wrong.
    What are you even talking about.

Do you know how many people died because of Obama's "red line" crap? His absolute inability to follow through after literally goading people in Syria to rise up? Or that travesty of agreement with Iran?

Holy shit. US is a trainwreck a good 2 decades, but Obama is like a crown jewel of failure when it comes to refugees crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    The primaries are boring now. It's Bernie or Biden. "I want real change." vs "I want to pretend Trump wasn't President." Which while both are very real mindsets among people, one isn't going to happen and the other is just proof Americans want to live in a fantasy land. Pretending everything is going to be okay is always going to win out over the scary reality that things might change, even for the better!

So Biden will creep into the lead, we'll go to a contested convention where the Superdelegates will overwhelmingly support Biden, Biden will be the nominee, he'll pick some mayo milk-toast VP, suddenly Hunter and Bursima will be only things in the news, Trump will continue to be a raging egomaniac assclown, progressives will largely stay home and it will be onward to 4 more years!

Even if Biden does win, without Senate wins he'll get nothing done, we'll still be at war with some country most people can't find on a map, taxes won't be raised. And there's no guarantee Republicans won't cockblock every single judge and cabinet appointment. And that's a WIN people!

And I'm not saying Bernie is going to change the world or get anything he wants done! I'm just saying we'll have voted for the guy who represents people's desire to plug their ears and stick their heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine. And we'll get that, no change, no real improvement, just a President who opens his mouth and says something that makes you giggle instead of throw up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the reality. Or what, you think Democrats are some sort of angelic being sent down by the dear god to guide the lost sheep to the paradise on Earth?
    There's a really broad variety of options between "both sides are equally bad" and "Democrats are impossibly Good". You're not approaching this honestly, at all. Literally no one was making the case you mention, and there's no earthly reason to insert it, other than to avoid admitting that the "both sides are bad" bullshit is itself wildly dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    How about creating good middle class jobs. When i can pay everything myself i dont need your welfare. You are offering me poverty with benefits. its still poverty.

WTF? I get flashbacks from the British elections. You people have not learned anything have you?
    No they did not learn anything. It's plain in sight here and that's why I think Trump will take 2020 as well.

It's almost comical head-hardiness going on here on all fronts. It's as if they are literally stumbling over each other rushing to the same bloody trap Trump laid them in 2016.

The simple fact that you need to appeal to masses instead of taunting them and letting feelings do the voting. Going personal at the voters, how idiotic is that?

It's like that Edge guy, with his "people are fucking dumb". Incapable of understanding, just slashes off with impunity people who are working class voters who vote for very real reasons. For the peoples' party, it's almost hilarious level of being out of touch.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-06 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a really broad variety of options between "both sides are equally bad" and "Democrats are impossibly Good". You're not approaching this honestly, at all. Literally no one was making the case you mention, and there's no earthly reason to insert it, other than to avoid admitting that the "both sides are bad" bullshit is itself wildly dishonest.
    No it isn't. America has 2 parties and the bulk of both parties consists out of privileged pricks.

What are you even talking about.

Do you know how many people died because of Obama's "red line" crap? His absolute inability to follow through after literally goading people in Syria to rise up? Or that travesty of agreement with Iran?

Holy shit. US is a trainwreck a good 2 decades, but Obama is like a crown jewel of failure when it comes to refugees crisis.
    yes the red line was a mistake, but he did also get a giant stockpile of chemical weapons turned over to be destroyed. Which a mistake of not wanting to get our forces bogged down in another Iraq is a hell of a lot more understandable then what Trump did for a fucking hotel. Then Obama's big opening legislation? ACA vs Trump's make rich people richer tax hand out. When gop had the house 80 repeal the aca bills, and investigations of the same damn hillary thing Dems? campaign finance reform, aid relief, student loans, anti corruption

The difference in their legislation goals clearly shows "both sides are the same" is just rhetoric bs

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    You need benefits and welfare if you want people to transition to those middle class jobs. This is a super weird thing to argue. Lets say your company closes and you are laid off, if you dont have security youll take the first job offered even if its a downgrade. The safety net of social programs makes it so that people have a smoother time transitioning and arent forced to pick the first job they can find or even take risks and start a new business.

https://qz.com/679589/trump-voters-e...ical-american/

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Of course you haven't noticed anything the point is ISPs are selling your information and you got jack shit out of it never seen someone so happy to get fucked. Both teams are not the same if you think they are that means you are full of it.
    Yea companies have been selling our info forever lol. Oh no I get a random call from some spammer every now and then which I already was getting anyway. Oh no the block button is hard.

Like I said. I haven't noticed an issue with this "FASCIST" net neutrality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Yea companies have been selling our info forever lol. Oh no I get a random call from some spammer every now and then which I already was getting anyway. Oh no the block button is hard.

Like I said. I haven't noticed an issue with this "FASCIST" net neutrality.
    So you don't understand how the internet, marketing and data harvesting works /facepalm.

Anyways vote for whoever you want it's your right but don't give the lame excuse that "both parties are the same" because that is obviously not true for anyone with a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    HAHAHA, is this who you want for President?
    Finally got around to watching this.

Kyle makes a compelling case. And he's right; the difference is obvious with even a cursory look at videos of Biden during the Palin debates in 2008 (just like difference is stark if you look back at old videos of Trump talking).

It's very sad, but it's plain to see.

Increased difficulty functioning later in the day is called "Sundowning" and it's a symptom of Alzheimers and other dementia disorders. Biden's staff are on record stating he has this problem (dysfunction later in the day).
    Last edited by Drutt; 2020-03-06 at 11:16 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/polit...out/index.html

of course hes probably a 4 chan groyper, crowd shoulda beat the crap out of them, but of course being leftists were peaceful and just shouted at him.

You need benefits and welfare if you want people to transition to those middle class jobs. This is a super weird thing to argue. Lets say your company closes and you are laid off, if you dont have security youll take the first job offered even if its a downgrade. The safety net of social programs makes it so that people have a smoother time transitioning and arent forced to pick the first job they can find or even take risks and start a new business.
    I don't think you understand what people mean with transitioning.

Well that means the democratic voters are a bunch of unwashed uneducated peasants. Jokes aside however the middle and lower working class are neither uneducated or poorly paid. And we have to keep it that way.

No they did not learn anything. It's plain in sight here and that's why I think Trump will take 2020 as well.

It's almost comical head-hardiness going on here on all fronts. It's as if they are literally stumbling over each other rushing to the same bloody trap Trump laid them in 2016.

The simple fact that you need to appeal to masses instead of taunting them and letting feelings do the voting. Going personal at the voters, how idiotic is that?

It's like that Edge guy, with his "people are fucking dumb". Incapable of understanding, just slashes off with impunity people who are working class voters who vote for very real reasons. For the peoples' party, it's almost hilarious level of being out of touch.
    so just going to ignore you being pointed out wrong for the last few pages and continue with same nonsense? That is EXACTLY why Edge said he thinks people are fucking dump because your mindset is the common mindset of the trump voter.

facts, reason and logic have no effect on their feelings, and feelings > all for them.

But lets try it a different way, if you see someone about to do something and you go "hey that wont' work and will likely back fire" and they do it any how, and it back fires just like you said it would. Then you see them doing it again and you once more say "umm hey that won't work" but they continue to do it BUT now blame you for it now working. what would you call them?

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Finally got around to watching this.

Kyle makes a compelling case. And he's right; the difference is obvious with even a cursory look at videos of Biden during the Palin debates in 2008 (just like difference is stark if you look back at old videos of Trump talking).

It's very sad, but it's plain to see.

Increased difficulty functioning later in the day is called "Sundowning" and it's a symptom of Alzheimers and other dementia disorders. Biden's staff are on record stating he has this problem (dysfunction later in the day).
    kyle is enganging in ableism, when biden is unscripted he has a stutter problem, when he has prepared speeches hes alot more coherent because as someone wtih a stutter you can learn certain synonyms to help you in prepared remarks or simply practicing a speech helps, hes NOT senile, he has a minor disability which in no way effects his mental platitudes. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/joe-biden

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Telling us we're unhinged and insulting us isn't gonna make us vote for your candidate in the general. Unless you've decided you don't actually need our votes or need us in the party anymore, which by all means, go for it then.
    The fact that anyone is even considering not voting (D) in the general is reprehensible. So you're candidate didn't win - defeating Trump is the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    kyle is enganging in ableism, when biden is unscripted he has a stutter problem, when he has prepared speeches hes alot more coherent because as someone wtih a stutter you can learn certain synonyms to help you in prepared remarks or simply practicing a speech helps, hes NOT senile, he has a minor disability which in no way effects his mental platitudes. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/joe-biden
    You're asking me to disbelieve the evidence of my own eyes.

The videos of 2008 Biden v Palin are a world apart from 2020 Biden. He had the same stuttering issue back then. What changed?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-biden-964001/

Utah Senator Mitt Romney will vote to subpoena documents as Senate Republicans ramp up their investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in connection with the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma.
    We tried to warn you, moderates. It's Hillary's emails all over again. This is the guy you picked, good luck.

Just wanna also mention that Russians hacked Burisma looking for dirt on Biden as well: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/u...a-ukraine.html

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    You're asking me to disbelieve the evidence of my own eyes.

The videos of 2008 Biden v Palin are a world apart from 2020 Biden. He had the same stuttering issue back then. What changed?
    Honestly if we're going off your eyes and some of the other's on this forums I'd consider my parents dirty liars of more than 30 years if you told me my correct date of birth. So you do you I guess, don't put to much value in the Bernie is the one true christ folks. Biden mispeaks. A lot. Nothing new there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-biden-964001/

We tried to warn you, moderates. It's Hillary's emails all over again. This is the guy you picked, good luck.

Just wanna also mention that Russians hacked Burisma looking for dirt on Biden as well: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/u...a-ukraine.html
    You didn't warn anything. You preemptively threw multiple tantrums and ignored possible issues with your own candidate and then declared you were taking your ball home if your guy didn't win like anyone cared using living in a blue state as a lovely excuse to justify that while you may prefer Bernie in any objective sense if you actually remotely support any of bernie's policies Biden is leagues better than Trump.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.