Horrific visions trash

I have seen videos where some people skip trash by invis pots while others fight almost all of them.
    And both manage to 5mask it.
    So, does killing trash restore sanity of something?
    Also, is it possible to outrun the trash mobs on mobs so they reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    I have seen videos where some people skip trash by invis pots while others fight almost all of them.
    And both manage to 5mask it.
    Killing trash doesn't restore sanity but can proc the gift of the titans to prevent sanity loss. Only killing elites restores sanity. As for outrunning mobs not likely as they will follow you since it is an "instance".

They don't reset by running but it's possible to skip them depending on your class and race. Vanish, Shadowmeld or Feign Death will drop combat and make them reset.

The strongest enemies can't be skipped, so the skippable trash are all weaklings that die fast or do no sanity damage. It doesn't make that big of a difference, so if you can 5-mask it without skipping trash why bother buying invis pots?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    As for outrunning mobs not likely as they will follow you since it is an "instance".
    Today i "outrunned" one of the melee guards in the Cathedral district as he was in the repel stance and i said fuck it and went to the dwarven district but at a certain point he resetted and i still found him there at the end of the run not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    Today i "outrunned" one of the melee guards in the Cathedral district as he was in the repel stance and i said fuck it and went to the dwarven district but at a certain point he resetted and i still found him there at the end of the run not in combat.
    Guess you can reset them. Had mobs just stand their and remain in target while I am dwarven district and their in cathedral.

No, but you can proc Gift of the Titans once you have it researched, which gives you 20 sec of superpower and no sanity drain. You can make up for the time spent fighting the trash if you get a proc, I would assume it how it works out. Especially if you make a large trash pull and you can go into an elite mob buffed up.

I think if you switch zones the trash can reset, but otherwise no.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis