Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Miss the times where retail was enjoyable.

I tried playing retail once again since last weekend, and I find the current game unfun and disgusting.

The class that I tried to play with was my warlock which I got to 120. The playstyle and the class in general felt atrocious.

Also the game in general felt very cluttered. I tried researching info on how bfa progressed since I only played a month at start, and what I need to do to get my char up to speed.
    I found it very hard to understand a characters progression path and the covenant whatever that is didn’t help.
    Seems like the game has way too many complex mechanics that are only understandable by people playing it constantly.

Then I went back to memory lane. The days where e.g in wotlk classes had good enough design and systems were easier to grasp as a new player.
    Or mop even, coming back during timeless isle and catching up with the game felt smooth.
    Even legion was way better at that, yes it had all the new weapon systems but fundamentally the progression path seemed simple: grind your ass off on ap and pray so you can get titanforged gear.

Does anyone else feels this way about gear progression, system progression and of course how dull classes seem to be?

Reading forward it seems like shadowlands will try again to cater for the people that enjoy complexity and play the game all the time, leaving others outside. Can’t we just have a simple game where complexity increases the more you play instead of having so many systems to deal with at the very start?

Just unsub and move on. Do you always make such a drama when quitting a game? You're bored with the game after x years. That's okay. It's just not for you anymore. Doesn't mean it's worse, though.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-03-07 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I tried playing retail once again since last weekend, and I find the current game unfun and disgusting.

The class that I tried to play with was my warlock which I got to 120. The playstyle and the class in general felt atrocious.
    That's why I unsubbed, my Afflock is terrible and I don't like destro or demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, the first two comments sure shutdown the OPs need for confirmation.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    There is zero shame in admitting that you've outgrown the game, and there is no shame in moving on to something else. If all the people that were truly unhappy with the game stopped giving Blizzard money then maybe Blizzard would get the hint.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys.

Don't pay and play games you dislike. It's for your own well-being. It's ok to quit. You've stopped playing whatever came before WoW, you'll survive this time too.

I agree I'm waiting for wotlk classic or at least hoping for, can't stand current wow

Also the game in general felt very cluttered. I tried researching info on how bfa progressed since I only played a month at start, and what I need to do to get my char up to speed.
    I found it very hard to understand a characters progression path and the covenant whatever that is didn’t help.
    Seems like the game has way too many complex mechanics that are only understandable by people playing it constantly.

Then I went back to memory lane. The days where e.g in wotlk classes had good enough design and systems were easier to grasp as a new player.
    Or mop even, coming back during timeless isle and catching up with the game felt smooth.
    Even legion was way better at that, yes it had all the new weapon systems but fundamentally the progression path seemed simple: grind your ass off on ap and pray so you can get titanforged gear.

Does anyone else feels this way about gear progression, system progression and of course how dull classes seem to be?

Reading forward it seems like shadowlands will try again to cater for the people that enjoy complexity and play the game all the time, leaving others outside. Can’t we just have a simple game where complexity increases the more you play instead of having so many systems to deal with at the very start?
    It tkase a while to get use to the new systems and mechanics, but at this stage in the season, they're actually very good and I'm really enjoying it.

I've played wow since day 1, and to be fair, every expasnion has been an improvement over the previous one overall. Now some expansions i have enjoyed more than others because of the memories , types of riads and experiences with others.

But each expansion they did most things better, and did something enw. Legion is my favourite, followed by WotLK then TBC ( i never played MoP, but ti's a fave of many).

Now while Legion's system was better I think and more finely done than BFAs, and for the first time i think it was a sideways development rather than something truly better. I am enjoying BFA

You just hae to go all the way , experience the full system by getting and collecting all the things you need, and you'd find out there is a depth and fun to it, it's just different from before.

Legion however, with which iw as disappoitned with in some respect at the start, turned out hte trims made sense with the changes to pvp and the artifact weapon and legendary abilities that got added later, overall hte classes had depth and richness to them when you add all the extra things together and done in a truly different way for the first itme since classic, and it was good.

BFA continues what started in legion, adapts it, bue i think individual class wise themes and things aren't as much, opting for a more generalised style iwth Essencs, and Azerite gear abilities.

Still, I'm enjoying BFA for the first time in Season 3.

I'm enjoying retail right now. Missed all of Legion so I'm enjoying the catchup there while still progressing my characters. Working on sorting out which alt I want for each covenant when SL drops. Plenty of things for me to do. Maybe you just need to take a break

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Nice blog

In all seriousness

- I don't want to play the game because I don't like x or y = all well and good
    - I don't like x or y so game is bad = silly thing to say
    tbh hes not entirely wrong, I played BFA until a few months before Ashara came out, I came back into a month after release and I was completely lost for natural character progression. The online guides are all well and good to a point, but even then they come across as a mess. You probably don't see it because (if) you've played from start to finish. But returning like I did, let alone returning to a brand new expac like the op is just awful currently.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Just unsub and move on. If you can't bring yourself to spend 10 minutes and read about new systems - no need to force yourself to play the game.

don't like it don't play it

personally im enjoying 8.3 i haven't played since uldir and i had 0 problems catching up with mechanics and new systems like essences and corruption

There is classic if you are so inclined for that memory trip.

It is just a game. Move on if it is no longer entertaining. Why do some people feel the need to share their dissatisfaction with strangers.

yes it was good to play with enjoy a lot

As always, most of the replies boil down to "just unsub". But what are we supposed to do if we want the game to change? "Voting with your wallet" does not work. It never has, and it never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know you can just quit a game without making a thread about it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Agreed. I would rather play retail with all my mounts, achievements, characters and old content to revisit but the current state of the game is a horrible experience where as Vanilla has a great current state of the game but only 1/3rd the things to to do on retail. Its why I cannot wait for Shadowlands to shake up the game in a much needed way, as long as the leveling zones arent energy draining and frustrating to travel through.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    As always, most of the replies boil down to "just unsub". But what are we supposed to do if we want the game to change? "Voting with your wallet" does not work. It never has, and it never will.
    What do you mean? Voting with your wallet is the best thing to do. Money is the only thing that motivates them. That's why they actually ask you why you are quitting when you unsub.
    Last edited by Davryn; 2020-03-07 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    wow in 2020 can burn in hell.

That's because the people designing the game now are ugly nerds from Elitist Jerks who think video games are animated spreadsheets.