Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

119 Instances of Voter Registration Fraud Uncovered in Florida

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/nation...o-gop/2201565/

A central Florida woman is accused of submitting false voter registration information that switched the party affiliations of voters without their knowledge, sheriff's investigators said.

Cheryl A. Hall, 63, who worked for an organization that helps register voters, turned herself in to Lake County Sheriff's officials Thursday, according to court records. She's charged with 10 felony counts of submission of false voter registration information.

A day earlier Lake County officials had announced that 119 false voter registration applications had been filed, news outlets reported.

Hall submitted the forms to the Lake County Supervisor of Elections Office, authorities said. Elections officials flagged the forms because they included incorrect information, including birth dates, Social Security numbers or driver's license numbers.

Some of the forms changed the registrations of Democrats or no party affiliation to Republican, officials said.

Sheriff's investigators said all 119 false forms were assigned to Hall, a registered Republican, to collect. She worked for Florida First's office in Winter Haven. The agency said in an emailed statement that it is working closely with elections officials to “ensure every voter is properly registered to vote."

Lake County Supervisor of Elections Alan Hays told the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week that some forms appeared to have forged signatures.

“Voters begin calling here last week, telling us that they had begun receiving new voter information cards from our office indicating that had been changes from registered Democrats to registered Republican Party members,” Hays told WFTV. "Voters denied filling out that form that would make that change.”

Hays said that when his office notified voters to the changes on their registration, 10 of them filed formal complaints.

Early voting for Florida's presidential primary on March 17 started Thursday in Lake County.

Jail records did not list a lawyer for Hall, who posted a $20,000 bond and was released from jail. A phone number for her wasn't available.
    Glad she turned herself in, but hot damn that's scummy.

We continue to have no significant reports of actual voter fraud, just issues with voter registration that largely isn't criminal. Well, except in this instance where, ironically, it was a Republican who was engaged in the fraud, not Democrats who Republicans so often accuse.

Edit: Bonus round - https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...240968166.html

More than 120 voter registration forms submitted recently by Florida First Inc., a non-profit tied to the America First Action Super PAC, were marred by forged signatures, unauthorized party registration switches and bogus personal information, according to Lake County Supervisor Alan Hays.
    The group she worked for has direct ties to a pro-Trump Super PAC.

Part Deux -

Our investigation has led us to believe there are other operators that might be involved in this thing,” Hays said in an interview, noting that three new voters have reported unauthorized changes since he went public with the issue of falsified registration forms on Wednesday.
    She may not be a lone wolf.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-03-07 at 12:34 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/nation...o-gop/2201565/

Glad she turned herself in, but hot damn that's scummy.

We continue to have no significant reports of actual voter fraud, just issues with voter registration that largely isn't criminal. Well, except in this instance where, ironically, it was a Republican who was engaged in the fraud, not Democrats who Republicans so often accuse.

Edit: Bonus round - https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...240968166.html

Part Deux -

She may not be a lone wolf.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was coordinated. Even on a multi-state level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was coordinated. Even on a multi-state level.
    This seems fairly stupid to me. Being a registered Democrat or a registered Republican doesn't force you to vote that way in the election, so I'm not even 100% sure what she was hoping to gain by forging signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    This seems fairly stupid to me. Being a registered Democrat or a registered Republican doesn't force you to vote that way in the election, so I'm not even 100% sure what she was hoping to gain by forging signatures.
    It would appear that she's looking to limit the number of Democrats in FL who can vote in the primary. To what end isn't readily apparent. Not sure if FL is a state that only gives you a primary ballot for the party your registered for, but if it is that makes the most sense. CA is like that and I had to request a Democratic primary ballot to vote in it as I'm registered no party preference.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would appear that she's looking to limit the number of Democrats in FL who can vote in the primary. To what end isn't readily apparent. Not sure if FL is a state that only gives you a primary ballot for the party your registered for, but if it is that makes the most sense. CA is like that and I had to request a Democratic primary ballot to vote in it as I'm registered no party preference.
    Even if you do that though, it's not like there is a minimum number of registered democrats in FL required for the primary to be valid. Unless they're picking and choosing to only hit Democrats who support a specific candidate, it shouldn't actually impact the results of the primary. It's wrong, obnoxious, and damages the trustworthiness of the system as a whole. But it still seems like a large risk for a small benefit to me.

Crazy more Republicans being found out for voter tampering, how crazy. What about those millions upon millions of illegal voting for Democrats that Trump was going to investigate... <Whispers>Oh...<Whispers>I see... Oh that investigation was quietly ended and the findings were destroyed on Trump's orders. So I am guessing there weren't millions upon millions of illegal voters for Democrats, who would've thunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prevents them from being able to vote in the primary.

Florida operates using closed primaries, so you have to be registered with that party beforehand or you don't get the vote in the primary.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they're investigating here to see if it was deliberate or just incompetent. I had to change my party back, didn't get my mail-in ballot until the day before the primary. Apparently it was an issue for a number of people in CA.
    /s

Amazing how every time a story about voter fraud or adjacent to that is confirmed, it's almost always a Republican voter involved. Yet they're always screaming about the Democrats doing it. Projection much?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No one said that the people on Trump's staff are all smart. And it's likely that the dumb ones would be more willing to stupidly break the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet again, another case of election fraud being carried out by Republicans. Wonder where all our resident non-Trump supporting Trump supporters are and why they aren't condemning this.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

It would be interesting to know if these people were going to vote the same way; because that'd be actual targeting, and that's far, far worse.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    what? isn't what you vote for decided when you cast your vote? so this shouldn't matter?
    Not in closed primaries. That is why this mater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yet again, another case of election fraud being carried out by Republicans. Wonder where all our resident non-Trump supporting Trump supporters are and why they aren't condemning this.
    Considering they clutch their pearls whenever a republican pushes a bill to prevent this claiming Dems are the ones to do it. Hypocrites. Every last one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No one said that the people on Trump's staff are all smart. And it's likely that the dumb ones would be more willing to stupidly break the law.
    Maybe the idea was to steal voter data, tbh I really don't see the long game for secretly changing parties because you have politicians do that all the time.
    But then again. Trump voters are like you sad not the smartest bunch. This person might have thought that changing parties means that the person votes for an R automatically.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was the one involved with Michelle Malkin & Nickles Fuentes, but that's America First, not America First Action. Can't find much about the Florida First thing beyond the Miami Herald's piece linked though.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Amazing how every time a story about voter fraud or adjacent to that is confirmed, it's almost always a Republican voter involved. Yet they're always screaming about the Democrats doing it. Projection much?
    They assume the other side must be doing it to because it's it's their standard practice.

Besides the massive irony in this story, once again its the Republican party trying to suppress the vote. Yes, in a way to affect the primary by changing parties, but still.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Charges filed.

Florida law for a third-degree felony is a maximum of five years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Charges filed.

Florida law for a third-degree felony is a maximum of five years.
    What's the over/under on a Pardon if she's found guilty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    What's the over/under on a Pardon if she's found guilty?
    depends, has he claimed not to know her?

cause unless that happens, then he probably doesnt know her, so then she'll need family to kiss the ring on Fox to get that pardon